It doesn't matter what I say or do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrong

Silent Hill
Reaction score
Its always misunderstood. Always.

My family hates me, people don't understand me, its been hell ever since the day I been born.

I called myself wrong since I can relate to that song by Depeche Mode so much. I don't know if I can post it here but this is the song:

Here's the thing. If there is a wrong way, then there is a right way, more correctly, a "culturally right way." So just tweak yourself to act like that and delight in how the world treats you differently. Thoughts?

Here's the thing. If there is a wrong way, then there is a right way, more correctly, a "culturally right way." So just tweak yourself to act like that and delight in how the world treats you differently. Thoughts?

Wear a mask like my family does?

Never.

I'm unvaxxed but I'd wear a mask to cover my grimaces.

I'm sure you got this already but I'm not referring to that kinda mask. I feel I should just be able to be myself. Besides which I grew up wearing a mask same as my family does and I did the same thing for about 20 years. Then I just stopped doing it and haven't looked back since. However, the way I am around people or the way people are towards me nothing has changed with or without a mask.

What kinda mask have you been wearing? I didn't catch that reference because I don't recognize the difference anymore.

My family hates me, people don't understand me, its been hell ever since the day I been born.

I called myself wrong since I can relate to that song by Depeche Mode so much. I don't know if I can post it here but this is the song:

#1 Do not listen to lyrics like that anymore. Not helpful. Choose songs that are uplifting and more positive while you are in this frame of mind.
#2 You are human and so are your family and others. No one is perfect, and sometimes people simply do not click with certain others. It doesn’t matter.

Just be yourself, and eventually you will meet your tribe. You will. - but meanwhile STOP calling yourself wrong! Stop saying things like the above. Change your self talk into something that sounds like you CARE about you! In a world that can at times be harsh, we need to be our own best friend and take care of ourselves! YOU are depending on YOU to have a quality life. So get on it ! Start doing and saying HEALTHY things in order to improve your life. Make realistic goals and work until you achieve them.
YOU are in charge of your life. Love begins with loving oneself. Make lists, talk to yourself in the mirror. Convince yourself to be what you admire in others, and you will be!
If I looked to songs or others to tell me what I am, I would not be here now. Throw that honeysuckle out. Show them that you’re amazing, because you are! One of a kind.

Why don’t people understand you?

Wear a mask like my family does?

Never.
I had to learn to put on masks in order to function with others. I did a great job at work. I was always told how amazingly I got along with everybody. Wearing masks is very stressfull. I got burnt out doing that. Also, in my personal life I did/do NOT want to wear a mask. I just want to be who I am. I'm normally nice and helpful. But, for various reasons others don't like me. So, I can understand where you are coming from. Now, I never wear masks. I no longer work or socialize with others. It's so much easier being completely alone. It just took a while to mostly be content with that.

Latest posts

Back