It seems World War 3 (WW3) has already begun

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, the Ukraine situation continues to draw in more players, equipment, and money. Multiple countries are involved and the sides are aligning. Technically several of the super powers like the US and the EU are supporting both side of the war. They are providing the obvious UK support and Russia support via China, which is helping Russia with funding. Other smaller countries are getting on board with Russia. This is WW3 in the early stages. Various countries are sending tanks to Ukraine.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-leopard-tanks-germany-nato-scholz-putin-zelensky-1776426

The good news is that the US / nato will NOT be sending over any fighter jets to Ukraine. I think that would really progress the war. But, the tanks aren't enough and will get destroyed. So, what then? I don't think the US and Nato is just going to back out. So, I'm willing to be jet fighters will be going over there and things will get nasty.

How far do you think WW3 will go?

The most the world can hope for is that this plays out like Vietnam. But with the amount of open support Ukraine is receiving it isn't hard to see it escalating. NATO should never have extended beyond Germany.

Last edited:
What better way to go back to Military Keynesianism, an economic policy based on the position that governments should raise military spending to boost economic growth and stave off recession, than a war in Europe?.

Since the end of the Cold War, after the Soviet Union un-sportingly left the playing field., and now that just about everyone realises that ragtag gangs of Islamist fanatics in the caves of Pakistan and the back alleys of Europe and Asia’s big cities pose, at most, a police problem, not a threat to national security we've had some tough economic times.

Our oligarchs are no better than Russian oligarchs, even if we defend existing democracy because it offers more scope for progressive politics than autocratic nationalism.

Our oligarchs are no better than Russian oligarchs, even if we defend existing democracy because it offers more scope for progressive politics than autocratic nationalism.

^ So much this.

I guess I'd rather have ours than theirs, because theirs are so cruel and brutal.
Theirs actually take an active hand in destroying people's lives, whereas ours just set up the market to do it.
But it doesn't mean ours are "good". It's more like theirs are "bad" and ours are "less bad, but still bad".

Last edited:
What better way to go back to Military Keynesianism, an economic policy based on the position that governments should raise military spending to boost economic growth and stave off recession, than a war in Europe?.

Since the end of the Cold War, after the Soviet Union un-sportingly left the playing field., and now that just about everyone realises that ragtag gangs of Islamist fanatics in the caves of Pakistan and the back alleys of Europe and Asia’s big cities pose, at most, a police problem, not a threat to national security we've had some tough economic times.

And while they're building up the military-industrial complex they can kill off a few million "surplus" young males by sending them into pointless conflicts.

Last edited:
People need to stop talking honeysuckle and quit dropping the WW3 phrase. The media is really stoking the fires. I stopped watching it mostly.

It's like a bunch of rowdy grade-schoolers standing around yelling, 'fight fight fight!'

Stupid mindless drivel...

Only congress can declare war, not these stupid info-tainment channels and personalities.

Actually I haven't heard the news say WW3. I just started thinking about it and typed it into a search engine. It seems like what's going on meets the criteria for a world war.
I don't take that phrase lightly and I don't think anyone else should either; and I've heard at least one info-tainment outlet say the exact phrase you've said, several days ago, 'such and such has already begun!'

What a bone-chilling prospect. Not going to give anymore of my time to the notion or prospect.

I don't take that phrase lightly and I don't think anyone else should either; and I've heard at least one info-tainment outlet say the exact phrase you've said, several days ago, 'such and such has already begun!'

What a bone-chilling prospect. Not going to give anymore of my time to the notion or prospect.
I have to agree. I admit the situation is not pleasant and is extremely worrysome, but I wouldn't yet get on board the fear train. Which is something, over the years, the media has iften used to sell papers or get viewers.

I have to agree. I admit the situation is not pleasant and is extremely worrysome, but I wouldn't yet get on board the fear train. Which is something, over the years, the media has iften used to sell papers or get viewers.
I think there are four types of people. Those who fear monger, those who feel helpless, those who don't believe anything so extreme could happen, and those who look at the events and prepare as best they can. It has been a rough 4+ years for everyone.

All I would want is to see it coming.
So I can stock up on Old Crow.

I saw the PSA New York has. It's ridiculous! "Close the windows." What windows are going to be left after a blast? "Stay tuned and follow media." I honestly doubt communications will be up.

Seriously, I pray it doesn't happen. But if it does, I hope you get out in time. Get some maps, plan a back roads trip to Canada. I hear they have old shelters there. Bring the Old Crow and toast the new world.

I saw the PSA New York has. It's ridiculous! "Close the windows." What windows are going to be left after a blast? "Stay tuned and follow media." I honestly doubt communications will be up.

Seriously, I pray it doesn't happen. But if it does, I hope you get out in time. Get some maps, plan a back roads trip to Canada. I hear they have old shelters there. Bring the Old Crow and toast the new world.

Lol where? No, I don't believe we do. At least not in Montreal. If there actually is a WW3, safe will be a thing of the past, most likely.

Here is what I found.
Fallout Reporting Posts and Nuclear Fallout Shelters in Canada
https://goo.gl/maps/vx58wyKTSRzDAgMB9
I would probably check them out ahead of time😂🤣
Lol well after only a cursory glance, I can tell you it's a load of crap lol. The blue pins probably aren't shelters, I'd have to open the pdf to know exactly what they are supposed to represent, but considering two of those are pinned on two of the Montreal bridges and there's zero shelter there, I wouldn't put much faith in it. As for the actual nuclear symbol icons, one of those is in Joliette, close to where my dad is. If you zoom it on the map, you'll see the name says Leblanc Illuminations. I've actually been there, it's a light fixture and neon store, it's about as much a fallout shelter as my right buttock lol.

Some random guy off the web probably pdf'ed this one night when he was bored. Lord only knows where he took his info from. Most likely his imagination 😉

Ah, I see where they got it from. It's from documents in the 60's, when the cold war fear was at the highest, they actually made some.
I can tell you it's more than likely the vast majority of those don't exist anymore

Latest posts

Back