It's my birthday today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I turn 22 today. After my 20th birthday, I stopped celebrating. It used to be fun when I was a kid, but now every birthday is just a sad reminder that I'm getting older. I'm not doing anything special today. I got a few birthday cards from family members, which is nice. It's going to be a "stay in your pajamas and do nothing" kind of day, just like it is almost every day. It's getting to the point that I don't even feel like doing anything or treating myself for my birthdays. I just think of it as a normal day. Long story short: birthdays depress me, and it sucks getting older.

Happy birthday ma dude. Go have a special meal or something. Maybe something you don't usually eat.

I am 29 and I've pretty much stopped celebrating too. I feel you man.

Happy birthday ma dude. Go have a special meal or something. Maybe something you don't usually eat.

I am 29 and I've pretty much stopped celebrating too. I feel you man.
Yeah. I've heard that when you get older the years just fly by. I'm finding that true, and it's kind of making me sad. I also wish that my mum was here to celebrate it with me, as she passed away 4 years ago.

I can't help but think of the past and how good it was on birthdays.

Yeah. I've heard that when you get older the years just fly by. I'm finding that true, and it's kind of making me sad. I also wish that my mum was here to celebrate it with me, as she passed away 4 years ago.

I can't help but think of the past and how good it was on birthdays.
I get it - birthdays can be bittersweet. My mum died 2 days before my birthday, back in 2019. The arrival of my birthday always coincides with that sad time - but, I can also look back and remember some of the happy memories I had with her too. Reminiscing is nice sometimes. . .

Anyway, Happy Birthday! Even if you don’t feel like celebrating, take some time out for yourself in some small way. Cheers! 😊

Happy Birthday. I didn't even have birthday parties when I was a kid after the age of I think 8 or so. And before then it wasn't really a party. No friends or other people of any kind were allowed in the house. Actually I never had a real birthday party. But, one time a woman I was dating scheduled a fun hiking trip along with her daughter. They gave me a card and a cup cake after the hike. I really appreciated it.

Birthdays mean nothing to me. I have no desire to celebrate that I was born. HOWEVER, we are here and alive. So, we really should try to enjoy whatever we can when we can. Maybe pick a different day to celebrate. Maybe celebrate a day when you achieve a goal.

Happy birthday..

A lot of people feel this way about birthdays so you're not along there - including myself. Try not to beat yourself up about thinking such things.

graphic.jpg

Happy Birthday :)

I turn 22 today. After my 20th birthday, I stopped celebrating. It used to be fun when I was a kid, but now every birthday is just a sad reminder that I'm getting older. I'm not doing anything special today. I got a few birthday cards from family members, which is nice. It's going to be a "stay in your pajamas and do nothing" kind of day, just like it is almost every day. It's getting to the point that I don't even feel like doing anything or treating myself for my birthdays. I just think of it as a normal day. Long story short: birthdays depress me, and it sucks getting older.
I’m turning 40 on March 18, and I’m trying not to stress out over pushing 40.

Latest posts

Back