It's very depressing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorian

Reaction score
Gawd. It is so depressing how many people already are hardly here just from when I started. Tons of people come and stay a short while then leave... Tons of people are to "CHICKEN" to post. It's really really really not that hard. You will never say the "perfect" thing. I been knowticing there have been alot fewer posts then a month ago. If people don't post then there will be no reason to check.. So then why even bother.

This is true. Acutely I have noticed that this place is getting quite a bit slower lately with less ppl posting. I don't know if the admin have stopped advertising it are something but it has got a lot slower yes :(

Depressing eh? I've been discussing improvements that would make this place a much more fun place to stay at with Bjarne for some time now, but he seems to be even more busy these days than he used to before he moved and got a new job. And an entirely different bulletin board software would make it possible for me to do something good with the interface. MyBB's code-editing is terrible. A lot of people are leaving and always have been leaving due to tediousness. And i think this trend is going to keep itself up until this place gets some real entertainment and more reasons to stay.

You should automate it so like if people don't show up for 2 weeks then they start getting annoying emails... LOL I tend to hate those, but hell. Gotta do something..

evanescencefan91 said:
yayy,

aw I'd miss you hijacc, it's always good to dee you around

OmglolBBQ
o_O
:D
just messing thanks
But seriously I didnt come to alonelylife forums
to be lonely.

Skorian said:
Gawd. It is so depressing how many people already are hardly here just from when I started. Tons of people come and stay a short while then leave... Tons of people are to "CHICKEN" to post. It's really really really not that hard. You will never say the "perfect" thing. I been knowticing there have been alot fewer posts then a month ago. If people don't post then there will be no reason to check.. So then why even bother.

:* ...sigh

I'm still here... I just have spells where I may have no time, lose interest, feel alienated, or just feel too down to contribute.

sloth4urluv said:
Im still here, so cheer up....
:p

And we love you for it :D

Lost in the Oilfield said:
I'm still here... I just have spells where I may have no time, lose interest, feel alienated, or just feel too down to contribute.

I am the same. Some days I just have not got the motivation to reply to stuff. I think that's a thing with a lot of ppl here.

We still all think your way cool though :cool:

YOU GUYS BETTER NOT LEAVE!!!

*BLOCKS THE GATE*

*EVIL STARE*

hehehehe

Yes, people come and go, that's their choice and there's nothing you can do about it. As for the passive members, try to understand that we're not all great talkers here. I myself know that's probably one of my issues, not only here but irl too, i mostly don't have the inspiration too say something usefull, and when I do, there's a fair chance it has allrdy been said, or when I want to say something, but can't express myself. That's me allright, when I think my reply wont add anything to the topic, i rather be quiet. And I know, that I'm not the only one here who has that problem.

Maybe we need to look at the bright side of it, less posts mean less sad ppl?

Hexirius said:
Yes, people come and go, that's their choice and there's nothing you can do about it. As for the passive members, try to understand that we're not all great talkers here. I myself know that's probably one of my issues, not only here but irl too, i mostly don't have the inspiration too say something usefull, and when I do, there's a fair chance it has allrdy been said, or when I want to say something, but can't express myself. That's me allright, when I think my reply wont add anything to the topic, i rather be quiet. And I know, that I'm not the only one here who has that problem.

Maybe we need to look at the bright side of it, less posts mean less sad ppl?

Hmmmm. Just being possitive all the time without a blend and balance of things just isn't right though.

Say you lived in a house made of cow pies and all you had to eat was stale bread. Of course though even that bread smelled of poo.. I suppose you could just keep on living like that and not be negative at all. Or you could maybe see that your living in a dung heap and try to make it better. Like move or something.

See, if no one posts. People will get bored and leave. Which is like a dung heap. Even if what you have to say sorta sucks. Why not say it anyway? Nothing anyone ever says is gonna be totally perfect.

Bluey we need to like put down huge sheets of fly paper or something. So when people come here. They get stuck and at least have to cry out for help to get out of it... No crane with a rope unless you ask for help...

We can call it sneaky floor sticky paper..

wow what a wonderful image, you sure have a vivid imagination. yes we're from iowa, so go straight to the cow poo.

I would have prefered just the corn

Tehe sorry, it was a fascinating anecdote

Latest posts

Back