• Please register and login and join us. Registered members may block ads while they are logged in.

I've been ghosted: how to react when the other person disappears

Help Support A LonelyLife forum:

ardour

Reaction score
Go on youtube, and you'll find 50,000 videos that will explain to you why your current partner is a fucking narcissist and why you should leave them, immediately, and go no contact, and offer no explanation. Then come here, and reread all that bullshit about, 'ghosting,' being, 'on the rise,' and such a horrible, horrible thing for some one to have to endure. Woe to all the traumatically triggered ghosting victims! Me... Oh... My...
This applies to popular relationship advice subs on reddit, where any conflict, dare we say normal up and down is framed as abuse. People get told an extreme version of what they want to hear - that the other party is always at fault; and in reddit/social media land being fault always comes with being an abusive narcissist. People giving said advice are neurotic, have an obvious axe to grind, or damaged and speaking from that.

Last edited:

Adamridge79

Mr Bakerman
Reaction score
You could come home one morning, and...everyone is just gone...4 years....and, nothing. Please ghost me via the internet. I can burn that bridge without a thought.

McW

Reaction score
"This applies to popular relationship advice subs on reddit, where any conflict, dare we say normal up and down is framed as abuse. People get told an extreme version of what they want to hear - that the other party is always at fault; and in reddit/social media land being fault always comes with being an abusive narcissist. People giving said advice are neurotic, have an obvious axe to grind, or damaged and speaking from that."

The above reply from @ardour is spot on. Apparently nowadays we are all 'edcuated in tolerance, acceptance, and love' yet the accounts of people being 'cut out' of somebodies life simply for having had a difference of opinion or a little row, subsequently then being labelled 'toxic' or even 'abusive' (both overused buzzword's) is absolutley staggering. Not being able to accept that people have differing opinions and then cutting them out of your life sounds to me quite the opposite of 'tolerance, acceptance, and love' actually.

Minus

Unknown member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I also don't like the word. I don't understand why EVERYTHING needs a "trendy" new name.

I feel I need a dictionary to keep up with all the buzzwords that have been coined or popularized in the last few years.

As for myself, I may make contact again once and forget it after that.

Latest posts