Japan sees loneliness as a real problem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Just earlier this year, Japan appointed its first-ever "loneliness minister" who is responsible for addressing isolation concerns."

"According to some researchers, hikikomori account for 1.2 per cent of Japan's population. Anyone who stays home for over six months without participating in society - school/work is considered part of the hikikomori."

https://www.indiatimes.com/technology/news/japan-alter-ego-robots-556211.html

They are hoping nine inch tall robots that connect to devices will help.

Main-image_61b043b370635.jpg

I don't think a robot can be a substitute for human companionship but I'd like to have one anyway. Hopefully it can help do my chores and clean my house plus my cat would have something else for target practice instead of my ankles.

Yeah, I'd like one…better than nothing…Then again I've seen many films exploring the robot's thing.

I can recommend one of these sort of films if you've never seen it.
Robot and Frank (2012)
A very lifelike robot in this one.

I was reading up about hermits earlier but the best way to be lost or ignored is in a big city.

Yeah, I'd like one…better than nothing…Then again I've seen many films exploring the robot's thing.

I can recommend one of these sort of films if you've never seen it.
Robot and Frank (2012)
A very lifelike robot in this one.

I was reading up about hermits earlier but the best way to be lost or ignored is in a big city.
Thanks! I haven't seen that movie. I'll look into it.

I don't think this will solve the problem, however well-intentioned. I think a better way would be to offer some kind of training to these people for free, if money is the problem. Maybe some aptitude tests to see where they could do the best, or at least some information to help them find themselves.

They need to get money to get respect, which, is sadly the way the world still works. And also to be able to go out and do fun stuff. I think that's the only way out of loneliness, you have to be cool/interesting some way. Which is easy to say but hard to do.

I don't think this will solve the problem, however well-intentioned. I think a better way would be to offer some kind of training to these people for free, if money is the problem. Maybe some aptitude tests to see where they could do the best, or at least some information to help them find themselves.

They need to get money to get respect, which, is sadly the way the world still works. And also to be able to go out and do fun stuff. I think that's the only way out of loneliness, you have to be cool/interesting some way. Which is easy to say but hard to do.
Yeah, people like to be entertained. If one can figure out a way to entertain the opposite sex then they will have a way in.

Latest posts

Back