Jessie Eisenberg is Lex Luthor in the Batman/Superman movie...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
So first Affleck is Batman, and now this. That's two strikes...

I like Eisenberg, don't get me wrong. But this role makes no sense. He could pull off the intellect part of it I'm sure, but that's it. He's small and scrawny and has an almost squeaky sounding voice. Lex Luther is tall, built, and has a deep voice. Well, at least we got one good Superman movie. I doubt it will even make it to the Justice League at this point.

ya.. I dunno.
I avoided watching the Superman movie until recently in fact.. just because I had lost faith in the franchise and they really haven't put out anything good to do with Superman since the 80's.
I think DC comics is struggling to stay relevant and not be lost in history.. but they aren't doing a great job at it lately.. especially since they control what used to be known as the best super hero going..
that being said, I really didn't mind the Man Of Steel movie. it was fairly well done and all that. my main complaint would be that it wasn't "epic" enough. they have some big shadows to get out from behind with the success of the avengers films, as well as films like the LOTR and Avatar showing us what a 3hr epic movie can be like.
THAT is what Superman should have been, a 3hr epic that made the avengers look like a bunch of wanna-be's.
should Superman be less of a movie than IronMan or Thor? I think not. yet here we are.
Batman aint gonna save him.
they are treading on the shaky ground that the old Batman Franchise from the 90's got into by having too many stars, too many hero's and too many villains in the same flick and not one of them really taking it seriously.
so in that respect.. maybe Affleck is the right man for the job?

Latest posts

Back