Job Vacancy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then all the industries and businesses see huge increases in orders and need even more workers and supplies for all the more orders due to all the free money. Then worker shortages occur. So, wages go up. Then prices go up. Then governments say crap we need to help. So, they fork out more $trillions because they are idiots. So, people buy more, there are more worker shortages, and prices go up.
In some supply chains, strict NCNR rules are implemented on all orders (Non-Cancellable, Non-Returnable). Due to supply chain shortages - the customer was placing orders with multiple suppliers, who all placed their orders to the manufacturer. To get a true value of actual demand, NCNR rules were implemented by the manufacturer and carrier upstream. Ideal was to stop customers doubling and tripling their orders through various suppliers. After customer received first shipment, the remaining (excess) orders would be cancelled.

Banks continue to turn profits, and VP's continue to receive million dollar profits (for that new car 🏎️. Governments throw money (our tax dollars) at what ever cause appears fit. Check this - $3.45 Million spent at Montreal park - all part of total budge of over 8 million:
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...e-stumps-on-mount-royal-for-375th-anniversaryBit excessive. Yes! I do want to stop paying taxes for things like this!

Since pandemic been thinking how we need to return to core values - consumerism is out of control. We are beyond needs and digging deep to satisfy the ego.

I don't really know if I'd call a Long Con a Profit, but then again I'm also the cynical guy who makes the joke: "Why do they call it a Profit Margin? Because if they called it a Ripoff Margin, which is what it is, nobody would support it." The joke is on that the whole system is messed because of Fractional-Reserve Banking.

And yeah, governments kind of just do whatever, they're all kind of disconnected from reality. Sort of like what happens when you try to keep petrol gas in a styrofoam cup: eventually, the bottom rots out, and that's exactly what's happening.

I agree, consumerism is totally out of control. I understand marketing enough to be dismayed when a favorite childhood franchise gets a remake or a reboot that does the context of the original no justice but is trying to placate to the nostalgia factor of my generation so that they buy into the marketing ploy as a means for corporations to keep making the money off of them. I hate sales because I have a background in wholesale distribution assistant management and operations management, but I understand sales because I was trained by the CFO and CEO directly. I just don't like it because I'm not that much of a materialistic person, I never really have been. Plus I don't like lying to people, I'd rather get shot for being truthful the way Kennedy probably did because of Document 11110.

I realize I rambled a lot. I'd just like to add, there are decent jobs out there, even good ones, and good careers. Some times the problem is flakey unreliable employees.

But, on the whole, when you look at the big picture, and then for me personally, when I see my place in it; it's sort of like, "so you want me to basically help bury the last shred of what's good in this world?" "That's what is required for me to, 'survive.'" It's sort of like, the only way to survive is to help dig your own ******* grave. F-U-C-K T-H-A-T

If I'm lucky at some point, I'll be back at it however...

Personally, I do not want to work at home. I just want to do good work, not have to deal with managerial bullshit, and corporate can fresia the hell off.

I know, simply from experience, the kind of bullshit managers themselves have to deal with. I get it, it's tough. It's tough because they have an even shittier manager above them, that they are accountable too. The way I dealt with that problem? Refuse promotion. I don't want, nor need, that bullshit...

Corporations aren't people, they are ******* scumlords. lol

I might trust a corporation, if, and only if, the people sitting on the board of directors, didn't sit on the board of directors, and instead, were working 9-5 in the entry level department. And they weren't doing it to, 'sting,' shitty employees and give them a hard time for having a hard time. They were doing it so they actually could figure out, how can I serve my people; so's my people can serve my customers? That they were doing it for noble, altruistic reasons... So that THEIR bonus would be bigger, so that when they gave it away to the workers at the end of the year as an extra holiday bonus, it'd mean something to everyone... You don't hear stuff like that in America. Instead, you get some shity 5 dollars gift card for some crappy coffee shop, because you were the best scam artist among you (which makes you elegible for promotion!) lol...

Last edited:
I feel like it's that a lot of people don't want to get exploited anymore. The whole COVID situation made a lot of people realize, some poverty-wage job that wasn't even meeting your basic needs, wasn't worth potentially getting sick and dying for. This is only becoming more and more true, with the rising cost of everything - it's making a lot of jobs literally not worth doing. You're supposed to work to live, not live to work. If you're living to work, something is wrong. People realize they want more out of life, and maybe more is possible.

Personally I think it's great that people are standing up for themselves and refusing to "take it". I've felt as if people are finally saying things that I've felt for years and years. Even when I was a kid, I felt like work was like The Matrix, a ploy to drain you of your life, and I always wanted to escape. I never really thought capitalism/society was any good, because I always had so many questions like, why do a lot of people work hard, but only a few actually get anywhere? Why are jobs that are actually necessary paid chump change, while finance people and celebrities are paid obscenely? I know it's that you have to work hard on the right things (which are usually hard/complicated/stressful/risky and sometimes dangerous things), and also your pay is a function of supply and demand, but it's still fresia(ed) up. I'm hoping this is the start of real, lasting changes in the way that we think about work. Unfortunately, I'm sure the ******** in the upper class will find a way to make it horrible for everyone though, they always do.

I'm gonna pick on the Chiron for a minute, it's a 3.8 Million dollar high performance sports car. That they named, after a mythological immortal Centaur whos immortality becomes more like a curse after being struck with a poisoned arrow which should've killed any mortal thing, so he was just in physical agony the whole time as an immortal, eventually begging Zeus for his own death.

If I spent 3.8 Million on a car, I'd probably feel cursed and beg for my death too. 😂

I think it's named after a historical French racing driver, come to think of it. But your explanation also works! 😄

Last edited:
I feel like it's that a lot of people don't want to get exploited anymore. The whole COVID situation made a lot of people realize, some poverty-wage job that wasn't even meeting your basic needs, wasn't worth potentially getting sick and dying for. This is only becoming more and more true, with the rising cost of everything - it's making a lot of jobs literally not worth doing. You're supposed to work to live, not live to work. If you're living to work, something is wrong. People realize they want more out of life, and maybe more is possible.

Personally I think it's great that people are standing up for themselves and refusing to "take it". I've felt as if people are finally saying things that I've felt for years and years. I'm hoping this is the start of real, lasting changes in the way that we think about work. Unfortunately, I'm sure the ******** in the upper class will find a way to make it horrible for everyone though, they always do.

I think it's named after a historical French racing driver, come to think of it. But your explanation also works! 😄

The Upper Class I think is a little divided. Half of them don't realize that "We the People" means Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Halliburton, Viacom, and big name megacorporations that donate to political campaigns, not the people making $200,000/year.

Nepotism makes it easy to hate rich people, and when I was younger yes, I did kind of fall into that purely because of growing up behind the poverty line and always having to fight to move forward, even now at 34 with nerve damage in my upper and lower back from said fighting to move forward in life. Clearly I'm on the downswing, not really being able to do as much of the physical stuff as I could 10 years ago. But as I've gotten older I've become less aggressive despite my natural 90's kid witty/sarcastic humor that probably comes from me rewatching Daria too many times. lol.

It's also very true that a lot of them simply just don't think about the future. They aren't really forced to, and usually within that 10 year span it bites them in the ass and they end up learning to have to just like everyone else anyway.

From 20 to 30 is a very important learning period of a person's life. I'm fortunate that I got into the management positions that I have gotten into, and that I learned the things from the people that I have despite the fact that it totally messed up my back. I was very careful, because I had to be. 🎙️And bad mistakes, I've made a few 🎶 😂 But you know, you live and learn. It could've been worse, I could've made much worse mistakes than I have. I broke even financially. So at least I'm not in debt, not yet, anyhow...that'll probably become unavoidable somehow though due to the inflation issue. And I learned the value of 10 years on the body, 10 years on the mind, and 10 years on the bank account rollercoaster.

Because I'm me, and one of my foundations is the idea of free knowledge, I try to teach younger people the stuff that I've learned for free. Some listen, others don't. I didn't really have that voice of guidance or reason, and I grew up really dysfunctional, so I try to be that for the kids that work for me that are all under 25 and either naive because their parents are rich or just have neglectful parents like I did.

I put a 16.5 Million dollar private sector company out of business once when I was 26 by quitting my job because of their corrupt business practices. I taught my replacement everything that I knew, he was a cool guy, actually. Took him about a year to learn, he paid for me to drink with him every Friday for that year just to listen to me talk and teach him how to do it. Thing is, I left, about 3 months later after I quit, he quit. I got a call through the grapevine of the industry from a previous affiliate from the company I was with before that who'd given me a referral to there, and my old boss was like: "Oh yeah, they're not in business anymore, they sold the company." So, that was my contribution to society. Nobody should ever be able to get away with $240K in tax evasion and get off with 3 months federal prison time and only a years worth of house arrest with an ankle bracelet with the ability to still be able to return to work. That's just messed up to me, and admittedly that's the whole reason I left. The amount of money that it takes to pull something like that off, there's no way that's not rigged by some mob style crap. I talked to the guy about it when he got out and he literally just shrugged it off and said: "Yeah I just forgot to sign some papers." -_- So he learned nothing from that experience. 🤦‍♂️

Personally I think it's great that people are standing up for themselves and refusing to "take it". I've felt as if people are finally saying things that I've felt for years and years. Even when I was a kid, I felt like work was like The Matrix, a ploy to drain you of your life, and I always wanted to escape. I never really thought capitalism/society was any good, because I always had so many questions like, why do a lot of people work hard, but only a few actually get anywhere? Why are jobs that are actually necessary paid chump change, while finance people and celebrities are paid obscenely? I know it's that you have to work hard on the right things (which are usually hard/complicated/stressful/risky and sometimes dangerous things), and also your pay is a function of supply and demand, but it's still fresia(ed) up. I'm hoping this is the start of real, lasting changes in the way that we think about work. Unfortunately, I'm sure the ******** in the upper class will find a way to make it horrible for everyone though, they always do.

Exactly,and,you could work at a fast food place for many years,and not make a lot of money,and decide that you don't want to work there anymore,that had happened to this woman I would always see working at the McDonald's I live by,she worked there for many years,until just recently she finally quit.

You're supposed to work to live, not live to work. If you're living to work, something is wrong.
Been awhile since I heard this phrase... I once considered myself as someone who worked to live. But 2+ years in pandemic, I somehow now feel I live to work :oops: You just enlightened 💡 me on my current problem and why I am feeling so miserable lately.

Personally I think it's great that people are standing up for themselves and refusing to "take it". I've felt as if people are finally saying things that I've felt for years and years.

I was just thinking about your comment here this morning. The power of the people - strength in numbers. Start of a revolution. Can we all start chanting, "4 day work week" 😁

Last edited:
I'm only 14 years old, and I've already started to think about a job that will help me afford shopping, parties with friends, or gifts for friends and family.

I'm only 14 years old, and I've already started to think about a job that will help me afford shopping, parties with friends, or gifts for friends and family.
But there is one problem, many employers avoid hiring 14-year-olds because of child labor laws, which makes it hard to find jobs for fourteen-year-olds. There are very few jobs, and those that are available are all taken. But in the end, my search was successful. I found a job walking dogs. It paid as much as $15 an hour. I plan to work without days off to earn money for my wants. What do you think? Do you have any better jobs?

But there is one problem, many employers avoid hiring 14-year-olds because of child labor laws, which makes it hard to find jobs for fourteen-year-olds. There are very few jobs, and those that are available are all taken. But in the end, my search was successful. I found a job walking dogs. It paid as much as $15 an hour. I plan to work without days off to earn money for my wants. What do you think? Do you have any better jobs?
This is great news,and btw welcome to the forum,I hope you enjoy it here,as far as jobs go,I think you are doing a great job,and yes,like you said,there really isn't a lot of jobs that you can do,because of how young you are,but I'm sure you can work at a grocery store,if you wanted to,for part time.

I plan to work without days off to earn money for my wants. What do you think?

What about school though? If you work without days off, that will cut into your time to do homework, and then to unwind from homework. If all you do is work and homework and have no free time, you could risk burnout.

I think at that age school is more important, because while it might not help immediately, it's supposed to set you up for a better job than what you can get now, further on down the line.

Finally I think that you should enjoy your last few years before you're legally allowed to work...I get that you want to make some extra money, but I think when you are older, you will wish you had your free time back again, like when you were a kid. I know I did.

I don't know your exact situation, of course, beyond what you've told us. But these are just my thoughts. Good luck either way!

Most farm markets will hire kids. Mine is currently working at one. But, this late in the season (unless you live somewhere warm all year), it would be hard to get into a farm market. Best time to start looking is end of March to early April for those jobs. Another good option is local ice cream places that are open in the summer. There's also the tried and true babysitting jobs if you can get people to vouch for your character. And then there's lawn mowing and weed pulling and then snow shoveling in the winter (if you live in a cold climate). Some grocery stores will hire kids for bagging groceries if you get the right company.
There are many laws in place when it comes to kids, but if you have a work permit, it shouldn't be an issue, as long as you get a place that is willing to hire kids.

Last edited:
There are multiple reasons for that. One of them is that too many people are involved in IT jobs and other jobs unrelated to producing anything. Physically demanding jobs are usually the less-paid ones, and people don’t want them because they want to be able to pay the bills and have a good salary in general.
Also, the prices are skyrocketing, and people don’t want to risk not being able to afford their usual lifestyle. On the other hand, some employers are too demanding and want too much from their candidates. They don’t want to use newer services like www.makipeople.com for finding the most appropriate candidates using testing.
Also, many supply chains are broken, and it’s going to take a long time for them to recover if they would be able to recover at all.

Last edited:
There are multiple reasons for that. One of them is that too many people are involved in IT jobs and other jobs unrelated to producing anything. Physically demanding jobs are usually the less-paid ones, and people don’t want them because they want to be able to pay the bills and have a good salary in general

I have a love/hate relationship with it.
It's totally destroying my body, yes, but also at least I don't have to worry about stupid honeysuckle like being in entire floors of a building when they do giant cubicle layoffs. fresia that bullshit.

I'm pushing more into management for the physical labor stuff in part because it's destroying my body and also not paying the bills.

But also for that matter I genuinely do believe that there are entirely too many choices for customization for trivial ******* bullshit that nobody actually needs, they just want it for conspicuous consumerism reasons and social desires.

I have no desire to support a market like that. It isn't that I don't understand it, I understand it perfectly, both from a logistical managerial perspective as well from a psychological perspective. Logistically it's a conundrum that's more trouble than it's actually worth in manufacturing and production, and psychologically it's mental illness at its finest. But I mean hey, "That's Capitalism, baby." 🤷‍♂️🙄🤦‍♂️

At the company I work, we currently have 95 job openings. Every Industry in my province is experiencing staff shortages. From pool life guards to business management. Engineers, I.T., construction, office clerks, retail, restaurants. Right now, people are sleeping on sidewalks waiting for passport office to open. Shortage of staff and increase in demand has caused a crises in getting (re)new passport. In healthcare, at a local hospital, there were 12 nurses that quit or retired from the ICU department in one month and they have difficulty in replacing those nurses.

Where have all the workers gone? 🤷‍♀️ Obviously there is a substantial shift in the employment market - people jumping jobs or changing careers. How long will this shifting in employment take?

The population is continuously growing, but yet it appears our industries are growing (or attempting to grow) at a much faster rate where we no longer have the adequate population to support this.

Demand for services are far exceeding our ability to supply.

Care to share your local stories? Is it the same worldwide? Your thoughts on the overwhelming staff shortages 🤔
Same in most of Canada right now. We are only 15 ppl on the night shift as opposed to the regular 45. We're paid 22 an hour, plus diff. Bonuses. So it isnt the salary.

Latest posts

Back