Job Vacancy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarDust

Life is a journey, not a destination 😉
Reaction score
At the company I work, we currently have 95 job openings. Every Industry in my province is experiencing staff shortages. From pool life guards to business management. Engineers, I.T., construction, office clerks, retail, restaurants. Right now, people are sleeping on sidewalks waiting for passport office to open. Shortage of staff and increase in demand has caused a crises in getting (re)new passport. In healthcare, at a local hospital, there were 12 nurses that quit or retired from the ICU department in one month and they have difficulty in replacing those nurses.

Where have all the workers gone? 🤷‍♀️ Obviously there is a substantial shift in the employment market - people jumping jobs or changing careers. How long will this shifting in employment take?

The population is continuously growing, but yet it appears our industries are growing (or attempting to grow) at a much faster rate where we no longer have the adequate population to support this.

Demand for services are far exceeding our ability to supply.

Care to share your local stories? Is it the same worldwide? Your thoughts on the overwhelming staff shortages 🤔

In my case, no one wants to do the work. Not that their too good for it. It's just ******* hard. Pays fine, above average. But it's not making cookies with your grandma. It's physically and mentally demanding. There's a reason we have nursery rhymes from the 16th century. People want pay while still being able to play on their phones, I think. I dunno. I love working hard.

At the company I work, we currently have 95 job openings. Every Industry in my province is experiencing staff shortages. From pool life guards to business management. Engineers, I.T., construction, office clerks, retail, restaurants. Right now, people are sleeping on sidewalks waiting for passport office to open. Shortage of staff and increase in demand has caused a crises in getting (re)new passport. In healthcare, at a local hospital, there were 12 nurses that quit or retired from the ICU department in one month and they have difficulty in replacing those nurses.

Where have all the workers gone? 🤷‍♀️ Obviously there is a substantial shift in the employment market - people jumping jobs or changing careers. How long will this shifting in employment take?

The population is continuously growing, but yet it appears our industries are growing (or attempting to grow) at a much faster rate where we no longer have the adequate population to support this.

Demand for services are far exceeding our ability to supply.

Care to share your local stories? Is it the same worldwide? Your thoughts on the overwhelming staff shortages 🤔
We're going to be having a recession here in the USA very soon.

r/antiwork may be of interest to your query.

I recently just saw a stupid 60 minutes clip of some CEOs talking about how their problem is worker shortage. I say stupid because I don't normally watch propaganda...

As for me personally, I am beyond exasperated with the various workplaces I've been at over the past decade. Shilling for sociopaths to sell honeysuckle made in China or Vietnam by workers pulling, who knows, what kind of hours, to produce completely useless decorations, or clothes, or whatever.

There are literally, where I live, big metal bins, in all the grocery store parking lots, for just, 'donating,' old clothes. I haven't bought a new clothing item in over 2 years, lol.

Personally I'm tired of working bullshit jobs that try to brainwash you into thinking Unions are a bad thing, before they put you to work, the (amazing) customers you have to see on the day to day who make you (marvel) at how far society has come, the bullshit managers that get paid to pretend to work, while they ***** at you to, 'smile,' lol.

People think this is some new phenomenon. It's not. People have been getting paid to, 'not work,' for so long now. It's just that, everyone is starting to become aware of it, lol. rofl...

In my experience, I get either punished or at best, told to work harder, for working hard; and, at least one employer wanted me to basically scam people into opening up lines of credit at the ******* register.

I understand you have to work to make a living; but, none of what I described is, 'work.' It's scam artistry orchestrated by sociopathic fresia wads, it's insanity, it's unsafe work environments and hostile employees...

It's all bullshit. The world does not ******* need this honeysuckle. There are honorable professions: postal work, hospital wards, etc.. But, then you realize, all these places are run by the same fuckheads that are running the bullshit operations I was working for. So's it's no wonder people are finally fed up.

Everyone collectively got a vacation, when the virus hit. And that vacation was longer than most any vacation, they had ever known through out their lives (beyond being unemployed). And I think they though to themselves, "man, why do I put up with this bullshit."

So, I don't know the answer. I think it's always been this way. If there was some change, I can't really say what it is.

Things were not always this way though. People used to have jobs that they held for their entire life. Or people switched jobs maybe 2 or 3 times in their life at most. It was a big decision to do so. And people got paid for their efforts.

I don't believe any of it anymore. I doubt, at this moment, that it is true the, 'job market,' is in high demand for workers. I think it's just a bullshit ploy by the powers that be.

It sounds to me like an insolvent bank trying to convince people the safe has a LOT of room for storing people's money.

I don't know... I have my hunches though...

This one is a real GEM.

Walmart propaganda is *mwah*. lol. It doesn't even try, lol. I'm surprised they don't just tell you, 'fresia you,' when you start working; and to top that off, the majority would be like, 'thank-you!.'

Fuckin' Walmart..

When I worked there, I specifically, made a very big point, of not spending ANY of my earned money there. I didn't want to give them back anymore than I had to. I would pay 50 cents for an apple or a doughnut for lunch each day, and that was it. I didn't shop there. I go to Walmart maybe 3 to 5 times a year to make a purchase, maximum.

I also turned down a promotion there too. They liked me, for some reason. I dodged that bullet. I would have received a whole dollar raise to become a cashier supervisor (translation: primarily deal with money and (special) customers.) I literally saw one customer verbally harassing an employee for some reason I couldn't ascertain, "oh, that's right, you work at WALMART!" (she was putting her down.) And then I had to deal with a customer who apparently worked at walmart before and needed to honeysuckle on me for not doing my job to his previous standard. lol... Brainwashed waster...

There are more job vacancies than unemployed people in the UK for the first time since records began.

This is a reflection of a reduction in the size of the workforce, from post-Brexit worker rules, older workers retiring during the pandemic and a rise in long term sickness.

These figures don't yet show the impact of the ongoing inflationary economic squeeze. such is the extent of the hit to consumer spending power, the Bank of England and others see the economy heading into recessionary territory and unemployment starting to rise by hundreds of thousands.

Pay has been failing to keep up with the cost of living for some months, as fuel, energy and food prices surge higher.

The Bank of England warned earlier this month that the cost crunch is set to leave the UK on the brink of recession, with inflation peaking at over 12% later this year and the jobs market slowing down.

Logistically speaking, it's happening because of Human Resources requirements for jobs that pay living wages.

Academically there's the failing degree conundrum, in that your MBA in certain fields like Business can indeed net you a living wage, but the competition is so high and your field experience is so low that it compacts upon itself.

The result is The Great Resign.
Jobs that don't pay people enough to live are widely deemed not worth working.

Similar problems are happening all over the globe, even in China where Tang Ping, a social movement and saying that means Lay Low, or live minimally, has turned into Bai Lan, which means Let It Rot.

This is what happens when Upper Management doesn't get off their high egotistical horse, the bottom of the barrel falls out.

I get it, HR wants to gatekeep Upper Management wages, that's fine, I don't care about that, the hierarchical structure isn't the problem, it's the way that it's being done that is the problem.

It should be, that the lowest entry level can at least afford to pay their rent, utilities, cell phone bill, car payments/insurance, gas, and for fucks sake, give your goddamn employees some health insurance so your asset as a business is covered in the event that your employees get injured on the job.

Now if people move up above that base level, then yes, start giving them the wages so they can afford all the fancy shiny trinkets that they don't actually need like a new television, the latest game console, a guitar, or whatever.

It needs to be restructured. Badly. So badly that the entire world is kind of like: "fresia this."

Last edited:
This is happening all around the world, there is a massive shortage of goods with factories not being able to keep up with the demand because they are short on staff. Industries took a big hit the past few years in production. The younger generation don't want to put in the work either, I hear from contractors all of the time of new young hires quitting because the work is "too hard". There "isn't an app" to do the work for them or they have to actually pull start an engine. We're going to see a drastic hit to the construction industry when all of the older guys retire or die on the job because younger people aren't willing to put in the work. They need the younger generation to do the heavy lifting and get in the mud. There are many jobs out there that the newer younger generation just doesn't want to do. I don't want to sound like I'm crapping on the younger generation but I hear this complaint all of the time, and the older guys are getting tired and just can't keep up the work anymore.
Politics and greed get in the way too, around here the city contracts work out to other companies like cutting grass. They recently decided not to renew a contract because the company wanted more money (a five year contract had just expired) but the city wanted to keep it the same and also wanted the company to start investing in electric equipment instead of gas. So the same money with sky rocketing costs and having to buy brand new equipment. No surprise the company told them to go screw themselves. The city had plenty of time to renew the contract but waited until the last minute, and then wanted the company to do a month by month basis until they found someone new. The city was told to screw themselves, the company would have to hire a whole bunch of people on a monthly basis and then lay them all off at a moments notice. They weren't going to do that.
Plus the rising gas prices and grocery prices, people seem to be getting picky about what jobs they go for. If it isn't worth the money they have to spend on gas then they don't want it. I've heard this from people, they complain about working part time and how much it costs them in gas. It's crazy anymore. I just heard two people discussing that at work with customers in the store, and were complaining about staffing problems.

We're going to see a drastic hit to the construction industry when all of the older guys retire or die on the job because younger people aren't willing to put in the work. They need the younger generation to do the heavy lifting and get in the mud. There are many jobs out there that the newer younger generation just doesn't want to do. I don't want to sound like I'm crapping on the younger generation but I hear this complaint all of the time, and the older guys are getting tired and just can't keep up the work anymore.

This conundrum right here, is part of the problem. It's cyclical, that's why it's a problem. And it wouldn't be a problem if the value of the dollar wasn't contiguously decreasing.

I would happily wreck the fresia out of my body for financial coverage that covers both my cost of living and the medical bills I would receive from doing so. BUT, that's not how the money is set up to flow...

Anytime corporations and governments do something like honeysuckle out ideas of a Bonus Structure, the Credit System or UBI, that doesn't help, it just smudges the numbers for them to bullshit their way through it, the values simply just get carried over. It's the difference between owing someone $5 in paper bills, and owing someone $5 in quarters.

There's a lot of upper hand slight of hand crap going on.
They need to do a proper restructure, which requires a little more than just outsourcing their paperwork and then signing off on whatever gets slid across their desk later. Otherwise the cycle just repeats.

We can put a satellite into space and drum up the Cosmic Microwave Background, but we can't seem to get these bastards to draw a straight line about money. It's kind of messed up, actually. There's no reason it can't be worked out, just some ******* somewhere wants their 8th Bugatti Chiron this month.

I'm gonna pick on the Chiron for a minute, it's a 3.8 Million dollar high performance sports car. That they named, after a mythological immortal Centaur whos immortality becomes more like a curse after being struck with a poisoned arrow which should've killed any mortal thing, so he was just in physical agony the whole time as an immortal, eventually begging Zeus for his own death.

If I spent 3.8 Million on a car, I'd probably feel cursed and beg for my death too. 😂

I have seen the same thing, I live in North Carolina and here there is an extremely high demand to hire for both skilled and non skilled jobs. they did an article in the paper about businesses that were having to close their doors not because of a lack of customers but the inability to find help. Now most of the businesses having to close were looking for minimum wage workers which are now impossible to find. Fast foods have sign in bonuses now, so you get like $2000.00 split over your first few months of working there. A lot of people take those jobs and as soon as the receive the entire bonus they quit and get another one with the same thing. Also employers are having to be more tolerant of the things their employees do because if you quit you can get another job tomorrow, but they are going to have a much harder time finding and training your replacement.

I know I changed jobs a year ago and I had so many people wanting to hire me, raising their offers to complete with the other offer's I was receiving, and in the end practically begging me to go with them instead. I ended up getting the job I really wanted and so I was happy about that. I work in the IT industry which seems to be hard hit by the labor shortage. I've noticed some of the new people my current company is hiring have very basic skillsets and need a lot of hand holding.

I don't know what's going to happen in today's job market, if it's going to change or stay the way it is. It's really hard to tell I just know it's been that way for a while so I doubt it's going to change overnight. I agree salaries have not increased to cover the ever rising price of living.

If I was a multi billionaire I would not buy a 3.8 million car, I would buy a $100,000.00 car probably.

It's a simple problem created by government.

They stopped the economy. People stop buying stuff. Governments fork out $trillions. They start the economy back up. People buy all kinds of stuff with the FREE money and all the pent up demand. But industries are slow and cautious to start back up. They don't trust the government at all any more. All the governments know how to do is fork our more $trillions. So, it does while not doing anything productive with the money. They just piss it out into the economy, to themselves, and their friends.

Then all the industries and businesses see huge increases in orders and need even more workers and supplies for all the more orders due to all the free money. Then worker shortages occur. So, wages go up. Then prices go up. Then governments say crap we need to help. So, they fork out more $trillions because they are idiots. So, people buy more, there are more worker shortages, and prices go up.

Finally after they see they are fing up the economies they finally decide to raise interest rates at a fast pace. But, they still want to fork out more $trillions. So, inflation will continue and prices will get to a breaking point and people will stop buying the extra crap. Then all the industries will have to lay off all the extra workers they needed due to all the free money. Then everything comes crashing down.

Sure, prices will come down a little. But, if someone is used to making $20/hour to flip burgers they are not going to work for $12/hour ever again. So, prices will stay high aka stagflation.

A big thank you to all the politicians for basically wasting a good 4 or 5 decades worth of growth in a few year spirt! And what major accomplishments did we receive for all this record money spending? Nothing. No, energy producing dams, no vast off shore wind mill setups, nothing to further propel the different countries into a more prospurous situation. It was all just wasted like a night at the stripper club.

Last edited:
It's a simple problem created by government.

They stopped the economy. People stop buying stuff. Governments fork out $trillions. They start the economy back up. People buy all kinds of stuff with the FREE money and all the pent up demand. But industries are slow and cautious to start back up. They don't trust the government at all any more. All the governments know how to do is fork our more $trillions. So, it does while not doing anything productive with the money. They just piss it out into the economy, to themselves, and their friends.

Then all the industries and businesses see huge increases in orders and need even more workers and supplies for all the more orders due to all the free money. Then worker shortages occur. So, wages go up. Then prices go up. Then governments say crap we need to help. So, they fork out more $trillions because they are idiots. So, people buy more, there are more worker shortages, and prices go up.

Finally after they see they are fing up the economies they finally decide to raise interest rates at a fast pace. But, they still want to fork out more $trillions. So, inflation will continue and prices will get to a breaking point and people will stop buying the extra crap. Then all the industries will have to lay off all the extra workers they needed due to all the free money. Then everything comes crashing down.

Sure, prices will come down a little. But, if someone is used to making $20/hour to flip burgers they are not going to work for $12/hour ever again. So, prices will stay high aka stagflation.

A big thank you to all the politicians for basically wasting a good 4 or 5 decades worth of growth in a few year spirt! And what major accomplishments did we receive for all this record money spending? Nothing. No, energy producing dams, do vast off shore wind mill setups, nothing to further propel the different countries into a more prospurous situation. It was all just wasted like a night at the stripper club.
True that,kudos to you finished :) ;)

But...what if you literally love what you do? I get the whole living paycheck to paycheck. I was there once. Granted, I was yet again lucky...it's a common theme with my life. And no, it's not a higher religion preferred thing. Luck. Just luck. It's not a common malady, and I also know it's rare. I really do get most of the complaints. I also understand simple budgeting. But, things are horribly expensive, and that's just fact. I swear I had a reason for this. It kinda petered out. Sorry but that

As for me personally, I am beyond exasperated with the various workplaces I've been at over the past decade. Shilling for sociopaths to sell honeysuckle made in China or Vietnam by workers pulling, who knows, what kind of hours, to produce completely useless decorations, or clothes, or whatever.
I know a few who just can't get through a week without buying something new. Driving up credit card debt on useless crap. I didn't understand the excessive spending and carrying so much debt when someone said to me, "It's an addiction!"

There are literally, where I live, big metal bins, in all the grocery store parking lots, for just, 'donating,' old clothes. I haven't bought a new clothing item in over 2 years, lol.

Personally I'm tired of working bullshit jobs that try to brainwash you into thinking Unions are a bad thing, before they put you to work, the (amazing) customers you have to see on the day to day who make you (marvel) at how far society has come, the bullshit managers that get paid to pretend to work, while they ***** at you to, 'smile,' lol.

People think this is some new phenomenon. It's not. People have been getting paid to, 'not work,' for so long now. It's just that, everyone is starting to become aware of it, lol. rofl...

In my experience, I get either punished or at best, told to work harder, for working hard; and, at least one employer wanted me to basically scam people into opening up lines of credit at the ******* register.

I understand you have to work to make a living; but, none of what I described is, 'work.' It's scam artistry orchestrated by sociopathic fresia wads, it's insanity, it's unsafe work environments and hostile employees...

It's all bullshit. The world does not ******* need this honeysuckle. There are honorable professions: postal work, hospital wards, etc.. But, then you realize, all these places are run by the same fuckheads that are running the bullshit operations I was working for. So's it's no wonder people are finally fed up.
Yeah, there is one particular manager that comes to mind with your ramble.... The decisions, policy, and procedures he puts in place along with his micro management control methods can cause you to bounce your head off the wall.

Everyone collectively got a vacation, when the virus hit. And that vacation was longer than most any vacation, they had ever known through out their lives (beyond being unemployed). And I think they though to themselves, "man, why do I put up with this bullshit."
Speaking to a Government worker, I asked her, "What's up with the passport chaos?" Although she is in unrelated government sector, she explained many workers:
a) took early retirement
b) left the job because remote working is not an option.
Managers, with over 10 years experience just up and quit giving only a week's notice. Leaving departments with untrained staff.

Things were not always this way though. People used to have jobs that they held for their entire life. Or people switched jobs maybe 2 or 3 times in their life at most. It was a big decision to do so. And people got paid for their efforts.
Yeah... that sucks! Nothing worse devoting all that time in training a person and they up and leave!

Anytime corporations and governments do something like honeysuckle out ideas of a Bonus Structure, the Credit System or UBI, that doesn't help, it just smudges the numbers for them to bullshit their way through it, the values simply just get carried over. It's the difference between owing someone $5 in paper bills, and owing someone $5 in quarters.

There's a lot of upper hand slight of hand crap going on.
They need to do a proper restructure, which requires a little more than just outsourcing their paperwork and then signing off on whatever gets slid across their desk later. Otherwise the cycle just repeats.

We can put a satellite into space and drum up the Cosmic Microwave Background, but we can't seem to get these bastards to draw a straight line about money. It's kind of messed up, actually. There's no reason it can't be worked out, just some ******* somewhere wants their 8th Bugatti Chiron this month.

I'm gonna pick on the Chiron for a minute, it's a 3.8 Million dollar high performance sports car. That they named, after a mythological immortal Centaur whos immortality becomes more like a curse after being struck with a poisoned arrow which should've killed any mortal thing, so he was just in physical agony the whole time as an immortal, eventually begging Zeus for his own death.

If I spent 3.8 Million on a car, I'd probably feel cursed and beg for my death too. 😂

Banks continue to turn profits, and VP's continue to receive million dollar profits (for that new car 🏎️. Governments throw money (our tax dollars) at what ever cause appears fit. Check this - $3.45 Million spent at Montreal park - all part of total budget of over 8 million:
https://montrealgazette.com/news/lo...e-stumps-on-mount-royal-for-375th-anniversaryBit excessive. Yes! I do want to stop paying taxes for things like this!

Since pandemic been thinking how we need to return to core values - consumerism is out of control. We are beyond needs and digging deep to satisfy the ego.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back