Journey to Tranquillity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years after I left the RAAF I moved to the wilderness to get away from my problem _ to no avail. . .

m89qna8.jpg

Until I realized I was the problem.

Finally went back to AA, but this time I was willing to go to any lengths to recover and stay recovered. At this my car got repossessed. Nearest AA was once per week in a town 75 km (46 miles) away. The first 24 km was walking to the highway, then hitched into town. Did this everyweek, rain hail or shine, for 18 months. RAAF discipline helped me with my resolve, let alone all the assistance I got from a Higher Hand.

After several months, for the first time in my life, I started to feel some serenity/tranquility in my life. Living in the wilderness is so different to my city upbringing. No electricity, phone, or running water. My music was nature. Wildlife became my friends.

SdetpOn.jpg

Without mind altering chemicals, plus working the AA program, has given me the chance to become the person I always wanted to be. A life of tranquility.
However, it requires something at a price. It requires truth, and the price is myself (ego-self). Much like swimming, if you don't relax you'll drown.

The tranquility I was experiencing mainly came in dribs and drabs. Still had a long way to go. A sort of never ending journey, though at each step seems to be it, but another step then presents itself. It just gets better.

Please feel free to comment.
So glad for you at the progress you've made! Your thoughts on tranquility seem to parallel mine in that I practice Zen meditation. What I've found is to not seek happiness but instead contentment. There is actually a big difference between those two states of mind.

Latest posts

Back