Just another newbie here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrJibs

Reaction score
Hello…. I have been divorced for two years. I am over my divorce as it was something that took the weight off my shoulders as I was in a not so good marriage. My question is this, does anyone ever get used to coming home to a quiet empty house or apartment? Does anyone ever get used to not having anyone around to talk to? Where don’t know anyone where I live and I am pretty much stuck in this world of silence.

Sure, it took a while but I got used to it. Can't say that I always like it because the silence can be overbearing at times, but that has gotten to be rather infrequent.

Welcome to the forums.

You get used to it yeah but over time you either learn to accept it or it starts to eat away at your soul.

Welcome my friend, you'll find plenty of people in a similar boat here.

Hello…. I have been divorced for two years. I am over my divorce as it was something that took the weight off my shoulders as I was in a not so good marriage. My question is this, does anyone ever get used to coming home to a quiet empty house or apartment? Does anyone ever get used to not having anyone around to talk to? Where don’t know anyone where I live and I am pretty much stuck in this world of silence.
I have many time alone and I never get used to those things. Stay alone is very very painful for me.

Buy a parrot; they talk back. Welcome to the forum; you do get used to silence.

Latest posts

Back