Just another poem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 189843

Reaction score
I wrote this a few days ago, and as with the previous one I shared it's just my thoughts and feelings put into words. Honestly I'm only sharing this because I'm struggling badly, and I just need to try anything I can right now to distract myself. If anyone likes it then cool, if not that's cool too.

The dark hand of depression reaches out once again
Though I let it take hold, because I know I can't win
Grasped tightly around my throat, it drains away my soul
Taking all that I ever was, until I'm no longer whole

Everything gone now, all that's left is an empty shell
No happiness to be found, feels like I'm trapped in hell
It's like an endless nightmare from which I can't awaken
Yet the dream is real, and from me everything has been taken

Not a sliver of hope left, not a care left to give
Not even the slightest desire to want to live
Don't care for the future, and forget about the past
Just want the end to come, and I hope it comes fast

I'm not much for poetry. Not to impugn your work. I'm a fiction writer.

When I feel down I write short stories the way I'd have wanted things to be. Try taking your worst moment and rewriting it. It's still fiction but it gives us a different memory.

I'm not egocentrically ambitious. I've never taken over the world. But I've been places and done things. At least in fantasy. 😉

I liked the poem and thought it was well crafted. I also pour myself in to my art when in a bad place and come you get through it well.

I liked the poem and thought it was well crafted. I also pour myself in to my art when in a bad place and come you get through it well.
I didn't mean to imply anything abrogating. You are right. It has good flow and actually does say something. If I were to condemn it at all it would be for the negative connotations. MEANING, I don't see how creating something depressing can help the artist feel better.

I didn't mean to imply anything abrogating. You are right. It has good flow and actually does say something. If I were to condemn it at all it would be for the negative connotations. MEANING, I don't see how creating something depressing can help the artist feel better.
It's about accepting, embracing, and expressing your feelings even if they are dark. That does help.

Latest posts

Back