kids being rude to adults when they deserve it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theablekingathelstan

Reaction score
i recall some points about when I was a kid and how I was rude to adults and enjoyed it.

my older brother invited his friend over for dinner, and they were discussing with our parents points about the economy and university. I was 11 at the time, and didn't know much nor care these things. I was just enjoying my food, when he looked at me in a sarcastic tone and said asked me "do you ever talk?!" 
i then responded at swore at him since i said that i wouldn't know about the conversation.

he looked really shocked and as if he wanted to thrash me, but i didn't care. he got his comeuppance for his odd assumptions and dark behaviour. 
I still look back and laugh at this, even though he's probably about fifty now. I recall that my parents should have apologised to him, since even though he was "snarky" he didn't deserve it. I didn't ever apologise, and for what? he assumed a kid "should" know about these topics. And he was so "hurt" that he "had" to include me in the conversation no matter the cost. I sometimes wish he had tried to thrash me, since he said he was attending Cambridge University. I'm pretty sure that beating up some kid because of some silly situation he caused out of his own hubris and misreading would have been a boon to his studies at a world-class university. Maybe they might have reinstated him with a criminal record and possible jail time.

As an adult now, I don't care if kids are rude to me. Especially if I instigate the situation. If I invite adults and they bring their kids to my home, I speak to them on their level. Maybe this dude should have taken this example.

Parents should instil the importance of politeness and respect into their kids from a young age.

So he was an ******* because he assumed you were intelligent enough to follow the conversation?

And what does talking to kids on their level mean exactly? There are a lot of kids that are smarter than adults, and a lot of adults that are dumb as rocks.

kaetic said:
And what does talking to kids on their level mean exactly?

With the way he talks to us here, probably something like this....

baby-talk-baby.jpg

kaetic said:
So he was an ******* because he assumed you were intelligent enough to follow the conversation?

And what does talking to kids on their level mean exactly? There are a lot of kids that are smarter than adults, and a lot of adults that are dumb as rocks.

he had no right to assume. then he should have been treated for sociopathy.

ardour said:
must have had an easy time as a kid  if something like this 'stands out'

doesn't matter. he was still in the wrong. i thought you were so seasoned and wise yet you think kids and adults are the same in every case. and people handle stuff differently.

Forgottendanfan said:
Parents should instil the importance of politeness and respect into their kids from a young age.

adults shouldn't care if kids are rude to them. just handle it and move on. we're pretty much more capable by design, and should be.

kaetic said:

so you assume kids and adults have the same awareness and life experience? should we let kids drive cars, or drink booze?

TheRealCallie said:
You assume too much.

i don't care if i did. he deserved it. he was a big man, he could have handled it and dismissed it. 
like most nay all adults in that position.

either way, i don't see the issue here genuinely.
his reaction was funny and he clearly had a large ego and borderline sociopathy. he's probably in jail by now, as most sociopaths end up in. i guess that was the price since his "freedom" was "violated".

It must be so nice to be able to read people's minds and know exactly what they are going to do and why. Some might say it's a form of denial and a way to run away from your life or "justify" your nasty attitude and the nasty way your treat people. You keep saying things like odd assumptions and dark behavior, gaslighting and sociopath. I think someone might be reflecting himself onto others.

well that ardour fellow is making out like he's this tower of strength and wisdom but then he posts a lot about his issues and how he doesn't get it. i probably "get" more than he does lol.

TheRealCallie said:
It must be so nice to be able to read people's minds and know exactly what they are going to do and why.  Some might say it's a form of denial and a way to run away from your life or "justify" your nasty attitude and the nasty way your treat people.  You keep saying things like odd assumptions and dark behavior, gaslighting and sociopath.  I think someone might be reflecting himself onto others.

then don't assume that kids and adults share the same behaviours. then the grown man should take it. that's normal conduct. you're clearly not very kind if you don't give appropriate slack. or you're being deceitful if you genuinely believe kids and adults are the same in facet and should be treated the same.

You know, there are more than one group of people on this forum, but one thing I've learned over my years here, on the internet and in real life is that when all sides agree on something, it's very telling.

This story makes no sense to me.  If the guy was smart enough to go to Cambridge, then he should also be smart enough to know that almost no 11 year old kids have any serious thoughts or understanding about the economy or other similar issues - though I guess it's more of a question between book-smarts and common sense, which are not the same.  He may well have just been being a jerk, there's not enough context to say.  But I don't feel like this was some kind of great victory either.

theablekingathelstan said:
well that ardour fellow is making out like he's this tower of strength and wisdom but then he posts a lot about his issues and how he doesn't get it.

It's possible to be experienced, but still have issues at the same time that you are trying to figure out.  Not everything comes naturally and easily to everyone. 

i probably "get" more than he does lol.

Going to have to disagree.

TheRealCallie said:
You know, there are more than one group of people on this forum, but one thing I've learned over my years here, on the internet and in real life is that when all sides agree on something, it's very telling.

^also this.  Another thing that happens is when some "sides" start to realize that the "sides" they thought they didn't agree with, are actually not the same thing as what they really didn't agree with.

My guess here...mind you, it's only a guess....is that someone is remembering the story wrong or changing it to make himself the victim. I would imagine that Cambridge guy probably just didn't have much experience with a kid being so quiet, so he tried to include you in the discussion. I will further assume that he probably wasn't as much of a rude as OP is making him out to be or anywhere near to "thrashing" him like he claims. I mean, this is the guy who tells a random stranger to fresia off simply because he gave him a compliment....

Also, my oldest kid has been having adult level conversations with people since he was four, so yeah, kids can know honeysuckle sometimes.

TheRealCallie said:
My guess here...mind you, it's only a guess....is that someone is remembering the story wrong or changing it to make himself the victim.
I will further assume that he probably wasn't as much of a rude as OP is making him out to be or anywhere near to "thrashing" him like he claims. I mean, this is the guy who tells a random stranger to fresia off simply because he gave him a compliment....

Yeah, I'm getting that impression too.

TheRealCallie said:
Also, my oldest kid has been having adult level conversations with people since he was four, so yeah, kids can know honeysuckle sometimes.

It can happen, sure. I was just saying that it's rare enough that most people wouldn't seriously expect it.

TheRealCallie said:
My guess here...mind you, it's only a guess....is that someone is remembering the story wrong or changing it to make himself the victim.  I would imagine that Cambridge guy probably just didn't have much experience with a kid being so quiet, so he tried to include you in the discussion.  I will further assume that he probably wasn't as much of a rude as OP is making him out to be or anywhere near to "thrashing" him like he claims.  I mean, this is the guy who tells a random stranger to fresia off simply because he gave him a compliment....

i suggest you grant everybody the same rights and space. irrespective of what your church tells you.

TheSkaFish said:
This story makes no sense to me.  If the guy was smart enough to go to Cambridge, then he should also be smart enough to know that almost no 11 year old kids have any serious thoughts or understanding about the economy or other similar issues - though I guess it's more of a question between book-smarts and common sense, which are not the same.  He may well have just been being a jerk, there's not enough context to say.  But I don't feel like this was some kind of great victory either.

well that ardour fellow is making out like he's this tower of strength and wisdom but then he posts a lot about his issues and how he doesn't get it.

It's possible to be experienced, but still have issues at the same time that you are trying to figure out.  Not everything comes naturally and easily to everyone. 

i probably "get" more than he does lol.

Going to have to disagree.

TheRealCallie said:

^also this.  Another thing that happens is when some "sides" start to realize that the "sides" they thought they didn't agree with, are actually not the same thing as what they really didn't agree with.
A wise person by definition has honeysuckle figured out. and recognises where they fall short. and acknowledges this in others. and doesn't assume everybody else should have things figured out either. the fact is he has many posts on simple questions and dilemmas, but apparently others aren't permitted to express dilemmas. or dilemmas he deems appropriate or fitting.

TheRealCallie said:
My guess here...mind you, it's only a guess....is that someone is remembering the story wrong or changing it to make himself the victim.  I would imagine that Cambridge guy probably just didn't have much experience with a kid being so quiet, so he tried to include you in the discussion.  I will further assume that he probably wasn't as much of a rude as OP is making him out to be or anywhere near to "thrashing" him like he claims.  I mean, this is the guy who tells a random stranger to fresia off simply because he gave him a compliment....

but it's not a reasonable assumption to make. if you treat kids the same as adults, then this is a lie or i pity the kids in your life. or you're not nearly as wise and mask reality with your inner life.

TheRealCallie said:
It must be so nice to be able to read people's minds and know exactly what they are going to do and why.  Some might say it's a form of denial and a way to run away from your life or "justify" your nasty attitude and the nasty way your treat people.  You keep saying things like odd assumptions and dark behavior, gaslighting and sociopath.  I think someone might be reflecting himself onto others.

nasty? 
why is your perception of events superior to others, especially if it's unproven or unfounded? 
nasty is assuming kids and adults have the exact capacities.
nasty is assuming there are no social allowances ever for people of different types. i guess men will fight women in boxing matches, with much more serious injuries (for mostly the women).
i believe it's you here who has been nasty.

Latest posts

Back