kids being rude to adults when they deserve it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theablekingathelstan said:
TheRealCallie said:
It must be so nice to be able to read people's minds and know exactly what they are going to do and why.  Some might say it's a form of denial and a way to run away from your life or "justify" your nasty attitude and the nasty way your treat people.  You keep saying things like odd assumptions and dark behavior, gaslighting and sociopath.  I think someone might be reflecting himself onto others.

nasty? 
why is your perception of events superior to others, especially if it's unproven or unfounded? 
nasty is assuming kids and adults have the exact capacities.
nasty is assuming there are no social allowances ever for people of different types. i guess men will fight women in boxing matches, with much more serious injuries (for mostly the women).
i believe it's you here who has been nasty.

Nasty is treating people like honeysuckle when they give you a compliment or taking your frustration out on people just trying to do their jobs or help you, and causing drama where there is none.
I don't understand how you can be like this and yet give some decent advice to others. Unless of course this is just more drama you're trying to start.

There are some battles worth fighting, but most of the time it's better to let it go. You don't know what other people are going through or thinking.

A wise person by definition has honeysuckle figured out. and recognises where they fall short. and acknowledges this in others. and doesn't assume everybody else should have things figured out either. the fact is he has many posts on simple questions and dilemmas, but apparently others aren't permitted to express dilemmas. or dilemmas he deems appropriate or fitting.

You know, I really don't know you, or your situation - maybe you really are surrounded by jerks, or people being mean to each other is the norm around where you are, or something like that. The trouble is, a lot of your dilemmas seem to involve you being rude to someone, and coming across like you actively enjoy it. I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the first thread, though I still would have told you to cut the cashiers you meet in day to day life, some slack. But after that, it seemed like a pattern.

It would go a long way to help you be more likeable if you stopped coming across as someone who enjoys starting arguments and treating people rudely, thinking it makes you seem smart or powerful when really it just turns people off. That's all I have to say about it.

"A wise person by definition has honeysuckle figured out"

Lol, no, a wise person knows they have very little figured out and they don't assume that they do.

Also, to Ska, there is no "coming across" He flat out admits that he enjoys it.

TheSkaFish said:
A wise person by definition has honeysuckle figured out. and recognises where they fall short. and acknowledges this in others. and doesn't assume everybody else should have things figured out either. the fact is he has many posts on simple questions and dilemmas, but apparently others aren't permitted to express dilemmas. or dilemmas he deems appropriate or fitting.

You know, I really don't know you, or your situation - maybe you really are surrounded by jerks, or people being mean to each other is the norm around where you are, or something like that.  The trouble is, a lot of your dilemmas seem to involve you being rude to someone, and coming across like you actively enjoy it.  I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the first thread, though I still would have told you to cut the cashiers you meet in day to day life, some slack.  But after that, it seemed like a pattern.

It would go a long way to help you be more likeable if you stopped coming across as someone who enjoys starting arguments and treating people rudely, thinking it makes you seem smart or powerful when really it just turns people off.  That's all I have to say about it.
I nor anybody else has to tolerate it when others are not good to me. we're all humans, after all. 
it's sociopathic to assume a person cannot respond to negativity since nobody deserves it off the bat.
I'm only "rude" to people here since it's this callie and ardour people who are actively bemoaning my "lack of insight in matters" when they continually have posted things showing the same. they have some raw agenda, but i just bat them off.
as for cashiers, they're there to do a job. if they don't do it properly, then they should expect criticism. there was a thread that RiverLee posted about this, or something similar, and it wasn't on. If a person is buying a good or service, they should get the proper respect afforded since their custom literally keeps them in business. Firms don't spend billions on marketing and customer service for nothing - it's to make money.

i hate it when you type out a response and it gets screwed up...

Well now I get to do it again.

Do you realize that everything you replied to Ska just amounts to "They started it"?
If everyone followed your logic, arguments would only ever escalate.
It's one thing to expect mutual respect from a cashier, but swearing at them because they get your name wrong isn't "criticism", it's abuse. Or don't customer service workers count as human in your eyes?

At the end of every one of the arguments you mentioned, some one had to decide to be the better person and walk away. Clearly it wasn't you. You're still living in these moments. The cashier, your step sister, and even the guy at dinner who didn't thrash you were all better than you. There will come a moment in your life when you realize how many people you've pushed away. I feel sorry for you. But sometimes we only learn through experiencing the consequences of our actions. Good Luck.

Lol, okay who can tell me how often me and ardour agree on....well anything?

It's odd though that everyone on the forum is disagreeing with him, but he singles out just two people.

kaetic said:
But sometimes we only learn through experiencing the consequences of our actions. Good Luck.

In order to learn, one must pull their head out of their ass  :p

(That's true for everyone, not just OP, btw)

kaetic said:
It's one thing to expect mutual respect from a cashier, but swearing at them because they get your name wrong isn't "criticism", it's abuse.

^I completely agree. It's seriously not cool for a person to do that.

TheRealCallie said:
Also, to Ska, there is no "coming across" He flat out admits that he enjoys it.

Yeah, by now I'd say that much is clear. I thought a little bit yesterday about what point I was even trying to make here...to change his mind? To get him to feel like he is wrong? But we've already seen that neither of those things are possible, both in this thread and with past members with similar mentalities, so it's pointless to continue. You can't MAKE someone see the error of their ways, if they will never even consider that they're in error. I'm not getting mired in something like this again, I'm literally getting too old for this.

As far as OP goes, whatever, you do you. It's not my problem.

How much can you expect from a minimum wage employee who has to deal with arseholes all day. Or are only you are allowed obvious flaws?

ardour said:
How much can you expect from a minimum wage employee who has to deal with arseholes all day.  Or are only you are allowed obvious flaws?

if one has a job to do then do it. and this place isn't your personal playground. i've seen your numerous posts here from a supposed "wise" person. they're often pretty simple. but apparently i'm imperfect as are you. or you feel i'm a challenge to you lol. no, i'm not here to "challenge" anybody.

kaetic said:

Do you realize that everything you replied to Ska just amounts to "They started it"?
It's one thing to expect mutual respect from a cashier, but swearing at them because they get your name wrong isn't "criticism", it's abuse. Or don't customer service workers count as human in your eyes?

At the end of every one of the arguments you mentioned, some one had to decide to be the better person and walk away. Clearly it wasn't you. You're still living in these moments. The cashier, your step sister, and even the guy at dinner who didn't thrash you were all better than you. There will come a moment in your life when you realize how many people you've pushed away. I feel sorry for you. But sometimes we only learn through experiencing the consequences of our actions. Good Luck.
Did your spiritual church tell you that responsibility is key? i guess it's nice not being genuine or borderline sociopathic. Spiritual churches might teach that we cannot defend our spaces or feel aggrieved when others do stuff. I don't go to them, so I don't care for their unChristian approaches.
I like also how you assume kids act the same way as adults, or should. when you base it on such a small sample size of your own child, who most likely didn't act like some uber-mature grown person all the time. It's also human to do one's job, and see interactions in their context. I've worked in customer service before, and it's my job to serve the customer. You seem a bit detached. maybe your spiritual Bible isn't the entirety of life. I also despise my step-sister since she has been attacking my mother for years for no credible reason. yet by your "saintly morals and engagement" this is correct. Yes, attacking people for no sound reason is seen as commonly ethical in most places, nay most places. and defending my own mother is wrong, since it's abnormal to defend very close relatives. I don't see why you keep referring to this since it's pretty reasonable. Most people would defend their relatives for good cause. I genuinely dont' care if you dislike me or not, but your comically hostile tone for no real reason is funny, and not offensive to me. as for pushing people away, yes, i need unprofessional cashiers, abusive step-siblings, grown-arsed men who bully little kids (which you condone since apparently all medical and life knowledge of humans is immaterial to you) and other toxic people in my life. the fact you keep on using these spiritual techniques to try and fresia with me and get some odd subtext is telling too. as are evil people who go around saying "kids are sweet awwwww!!" and then selecting lol. i say they're all sweet, all the time. i know that offends you, but i don't care. i don't take "points" online from online stranger moral hypocrites who are proud of such but then claim to be uber-good.

TheRealCallie said:
More assumptions, I see.  You do know you are just continuing to prove my point, right?

then don't insinuate that kids must act like adults, which is pretty silly. You';re saying a supposedly basic human rule doesn't apply to me, yet you're saying you're so inherently decent as a person. I don't arbitrarily apportion rights to random people, since i'm just one man, i don't have that power.

TheRealCallie said:
Lol, okay who can tell me how often me and ardour agree on....well anything? 

It's odd though that everyone on the forum is disagreeing with him, but he singles out just two people.

kaetic said:
But sometimes we only learn through experiencing the consequences of our actions. Good Luck.

In order to learn, one must pull their head out of their ass  :p

(That's true for everyone, not just OP, btw)

i don't care if you don't care for me. 
i'm amused how i have to be uber-mature in your eyes. why? i'm just a random and free person, i do as i please.
i'd also suggest that, since to you kids have to act in uber-mature ways, that you're not as "good" as you claim. and apportioning rights gives you some sense of pleasure. the moment i came on this forum, you've been uppity and in my face. it's funny. i'll continue to post things "not to your level" if YOU can also. i'm breaching any TOS here, just getting under your goat.

https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=41439

i don't see the difference, or somebody has to spell it out for me. just a person complaining about unfair and unwarranted treatment. but apparently you all justify this, even though some of you in this thread showed sympathy with the OP. Yet I'm the shifty person......

Sleep well tonight knowing that you struck a mighty blow here on the forum with five active members.

I'd class you as mentally ill.

What blow? I said facts. Your behavior here is telling. Or tell me why you can post questions but I cannot?

It's  sarcasm. Poor baby was spoken down to once as a child and got PTSD from a cashier not kissing his arse sufficiently? Those are the facts as I see them.

What blow? I said facts.

What facts?  The opinions you stated or the assumptions you made?  Or perhaps you are talking about the story you tell that happen decades ago that you most likely have skewed to make yourself the victim.... 
Facts can be proven.

ardour said:
What blow? I said facts. Your behavior here is telling. Or tell me why you can post questions but I cannot?

It's  sarcasm. Poor baby was spoken down to once as a child and got PTSD from a cashier not kissing his arse sufficiently? Those are the facts as I see them.

But you c as by get dates and bemoan others for paying stuff that’s not wise? And yes adults shouldn’t talk down to kids. The fact you assume such is telling. To many kids are given slack the fact I’m exempt from this rule according to you is telling. As is the fact you unilaterally cite what’s a valuable problem to complain about or not. I know you hate rules in life but that’s fine. Rules state if you can complain on here about life stuff then so can I.

ardour said:
How much can you expect from a minimum wage employee who has to deal with arseholes all day.  Or are only you are allowed obvious flaws?

if one has a job to do then do it. and this place isn't your personal playground. i've seen your numerous posts here from a supposed "wise" person. they're often pretty simple. but apparently i'm imperfect as are you. or you feel i'm a challenge to you lol. no, i'm not here to "challenge" anybody.

kaetic said:

Did your spiritual church tell you that responsibility is key? i guess it's nice not being genuine or borderline sociopathic. Spiritual churches might teach that we cannot defend our spaces or feel aggrieved when others do stuff. I don't go to them, so I don't care for their unChristian approaches.
I like also how you assume kids act the same way as adults, or should. when you base it on such a small sample size of your own child, who most likely didn't act like some uber-mature grown person all the time. It's also human to do one's job, and see interactions in their context. I've worked in customer service before, and it's my job to serve the customer. You seem a bit detached. maybe your spiritual Bible isn't the entirety of life. I also despise my step-sister since she has been attacking my mother for years for no credible reason. yet by your "saintly morals and engagement" this is correct. Yes, attacking people for no sound reason is seen as commonly ethical in most places, nay most places. and defending my own mother is wrong, since it's abnormal to defend very close relatives. I don't see why you keep referring to this since it's pretty reasonable. Most people would defend their relatives for good cause. I genuinely dont' care if you dislike me or not, but your comically hostile tone for no real reason is funny, and not offensive to me. as for pushing people away, yes, i need unprofessional cashiers, abusive step-siblings, grown-arsed men who bully little kids (which you condone since apparently all medical and life knowledge of humans is immaterial to you) and other toxic people in my life. the fact you keep on using these spiritual techniques to try and fresia with me and get some odd subtext is telling too. as are evil people who go around saying "kids are sweet awwwww!!" and then selecting lol. i say they're all sweet, all the time. i know that offends you, but i don't care. i don't take "points" online from online stranger moral hypocrites who are proud of such but then claim to be uber-good.

TheRealCallie said:
More assumptions, I see.  You do know you are just continuing to prove my point, right?

then don't insinuate that kids must act like adults, which is pretty silly. You';re saying a supposedly basic human rule doesn't apply to me, yet you're saying you're so inherently decent as a person. I don't arbitrarily apportion rights to random people, since i'm just one man, i don't have that power.

See you assumed this came from religion
It actually comes from acting like a decent person.
I don't go to any churches, kind of had a bad experience. Like I said before you don't know what other people are thinking or going through.

But hey if you think being rude is the most honest way to live, it at least let's other people know what you're like right of the bat.
Politeness doesn't mean letting other people walk all over you.

Also I'm not a parent. I'm not being this off one kid. You are assuming all kids are idiots apparently.

kaetic said:
ardour said:

kaetic said:

TheRealCallie said:

See you assumed this came from religion
It actually comes from acting like a decent person.
I don't go to any churches, kind of had a bad experience. Like I said before you don't know what other people are thinking or going through.

But hey if you think being rude is the most honest way to live, it at least let's other people know what you're like right of the bat.
Politeness doesn't mean letting other people walk all over you.

Also I'm not a parent. I'm not being this off one kid. You are assuming all kids are idiots apparently.

but apparently children and adults have the same social/life capacities and this annoys you. basic facts of humanity annoy you. and it does come from religion. you think I'm gullible and stupid and you are out for prey for religion. and why do you keep placing these views of me being oh so rude? I'm not that rude actually. I actively defend myself and my space but I'm not this habitually rude person you seem to be painting me out as. but then you believe kids and adults are the same in every capacity so that's fine. a person isn't "bad" because they dont' engage with the world in the exact manner you do. I'm not assuming anythiing about children. i'm stating facts that they are different to adults. yet this seems to trigger you and undermine your own worldview. For instance, you're making the "assumption" (your word) that a kid needs to know the exact social parameters of an adult. this is unreasonable. So I'm" rude" yet you have unreasonable expectations of others. and you don't give people fair slack. If you see an elderly person walking slowly on the path and they're in your way, I guess you feel like knocking them over, and don't consider they may be less mobile due to age. you dont' believe in accounting for others' different circumstances, after all.
Frankly, looking back at this incident, i cut myself slack, without any intrinsic bias. some sociopathic (since he seemingly breached social norms and enjoyed it) and got angry that some other human being with less life experiecne and social competence schooled him. i dont' see why i need to care about my own behaviour, since i was just a kid. you can think kids are just mini adults, but literally millennia of observation says differently.

That's ok you go ahead and tell me what I believe and say I have the hostile tone when it's you interpreting text whatever way you want. I asked what talking to kids in their level meant and you never answered but you seem to have a problem with people treating you like an intelligent being.

lol.

I'm a human with a right to my own views. don't diminish me. that's it, I've had enough of this thread. I'm merely pointing out your double standard here. I've seen you post stuff in support of kids, but apparently you unilaterally say it doesn't apply to me, and only because of some deep inner perception and no logical argument. i'd argue it applies to ALL - but that no doubt offends you since I'm part of the ALL.

Latest posts

Back