Land of the Fat, Home of the Sick and Dying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdor said:
Yeah just going to ignore the conspiracy part of it...

theglasscell said:
Your crazy, self-righteous rants and stupid conspiracy theories are annoying.

VanillaCreme said:
You get used to it.

Three more people to stop taking seriously.

How people still don't see what's actually going on is almost beyond me. Even the use of common sense and a quick meditation will get you to the truth.

-Sai- said:
rdor said:

theglasscell said:

VanillaCreme said:
You get used to it.

How people still don't see what's actually going on is almost beyond me. Even the use of common sense and a quick meditation will get you to the truth.

I think when you see conspiracies and underlying 'truths' at every turn you're as blinkered as those who question nothing. People react to information overload in two ways they bury their head in the sand or stand shouting foul from the roof tops at every opportunity.

When someone takes no interest in discussing an issue unless they can see the possibility of mining some cover up or corruption theory from it they've lost touch, you need to pick your battles and apply a little quality control. Occasionally things can just be taken at face value.

Lippy_Kid said:
I think when you see conspiracies and underlying 'truths' at every turn you're as blinkered as those who question nothing. People react to information overload in two ways they bury their head in the sand or stand shouting foul from the roof tops at every opportunity.

When someone takes no interest in discussing an issue unless they can see the possibility of mining some cover up or corruption theory from it they've lost touch, you need to pick your battles and apply a little quality control. Occasionally things can just be taken at face value.

That sounds very black and white. Always question everything. Always. Every day dawns to learn, and letting one's guard down is never a good thing.

-Sai- said:
Lippy_Kid said:

That sounds very black and white. Always question everything. Always. Every day dawns to learn, and letting one's guard down is never a good thing.

By all means question everything, I'd completely agree with you there. I wish some were just prepared to accept that you can arrive at an explanation that doesn't always involve a CIA cover up. Maybe then all the hard work that is done to uncover genuine corruption can be given centre stage and not buried under the millions of terabytes of speculative half baked conjecture you read on the net that means the average citizen can no longer tell fact from fiction.

I admire people like Phaedron, for their intent at least to offer an alternate view. The posting of the daily conspiracy though, it just turns people off, they range from essential reading to the plain absurd. What is the source of the info and what is that source's source? It’s often just regurgitated numerous times. As you say, question everything not least the legitimacy of an article's facts provided by an anonymous source. If it proves the means for you to take it on board and do your own research, then credit to you and credit to the original article for achieving something but if it just leads you to take it at face value and believe it due to it being more exciting a theory than the 'official line' well then more the fool you, you're as spoon fed as the rest of us. So I wouldn’t be so quick to write off people on here, we all pick what we choose to believe, non of us are investigative journalist armed with direct evidence and eye witness accounts, its whatever helps you sleep at night really. You're either out there doing something about it or just on here discussing other people’s efforts.

I question everything but unless I see it with my own eyes, I do not take the written word as gospel, I just have to make a judgment call and hope its a wise one. In reality I know little for certain and thats the best way to be in my view, open to accepting that.

You are right for not taking written word as gospel. But if we get back to the issue at hand: Obama HAS signed an act that puts one powerful company above the law. AND this law was written by someone paid by this company. It is perfectly legitmate to ask WHY a president signs such a law. The outcome of this act is more or less predictable. But to ask WHY he did this has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. And this is only one example for numerous weird "coincidences" in real-politics. Since answers to this kind of "strange behaviour" are rarely given, it is small wonder when observing people suspect foul play.
If we talk of eye- witnesses- well, I am an eye witness of what Monsanto (and others, of course) does to the environment. And again: The outcome of their destructive work is predictable. No mysteries here. And now Monsanto is untouchable. At least legally. And since this is so, one is bound to find other ways to "touch" them.

quintus said:
You are right for not taking written word as gospel. But if we get back to the issue at hand: Obama HAS signed an act that puts one powerful company above the law. AND this law was written by someone paid by this company. It is perfectly legitmate to ask WHY a president signs such a law. The outcome of this act is more or less predictable. But to ask WHY he did this has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. And this is only one example for numerous weird "coincidences" in real-politics. Since answers to this kind of "strange behaviour" are rarely given, it is small wonder when observing people suspect foul play.
If we talk of eye- witnesses- well, I am an eye witness of what Monsanto (and others, of course) does to the environment. And again: The outcome of their destructive work is predictable. No mysteries here. And now Monsanto is untouchable. At least legally. And since this is so, one is bound to find other ways to "touch" them.

I agree Quintus and it’s this sort of real issue that people should be discussing. Of course our politicians should be accountable for their actions, aside from Watergate and Clinton's sex scandal the lack of accountability in American presedential politics is stark. I wonder sometimes if the infallibility of the President is America's strength or weakness. It seems the President is still revered in America, in the UK, even the Prime Minister is constantly reminded he is just a glorified civil servant and can travel by cheap rail and have his accounts and expenditure poured over and they are at pains to show that at every PR opportunity, I wonder if it really keeps them any more honest though. Lobbying of course has always been part of politics on both sides of the Atlantic and to secure election funds and trade deals, corporations expect something in return. To some extent this is a necessary evil in a competitive world market place but when it crosses the line to greasing a politician's palm to secure policies that accommodate otherwise unlawful corporate acts, then the politicians at hand need to show their hands are clean and they need to be brought to account.

-Sai- said:
rdor said:

theglasscell said:

VanillaCreme said:
You get used to it.

spoken like a true open-minded person.

...and another one to stop taking seriously

people may not see all that you see in things, but it doesn't necessarily make them wrong. just as it doesn't necessarily make you right. assuming that you are always right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong.. is another issue altogether.

the problem that the majority of people have with conspiracies and conspiracy minded people is that it usually takes a stretch of belief to accept it. its a lot like someone seeing a light in the sky and because they do not know what it is and it doesn't make sense to them, then of course it must be an alien and anyone that doesn't see it as an alien must be either blind or a part of the cover up.
when it comes to believing educated elected officials chosen by a majority that have been scrutinized by the public and media, or believing anarchist activists who's arguments just don't hold water with public options.. then it's clear why common sense leads them to the conclusion to ignore most conspiracy theories.

Very well and I'm sure we will be able to discuss conspiratorial theories for no ending. I just like to remind you what this threat is about. And yes- it is my strong opinion that discussing something as essential as the quality of what we eat, or get to eat (or drink, of course) is a rather important issue indeed. And again: There is nothing conspiratorial about criticizing the way food is produced and treated. And of how some companies take influence over politics for their own and sole benefit. (And that went very, very far in the case of the United Fruit Company in the sixties and seventies) I'm not sure if a lot of people have only a vague idea what kind of catastrophy genetical modified organisms will (sic) cause. I'm not sur how many people have an idea what impact a further loss of bees will have, or if they are able to understand the chainreactions that will be set in motion by the loss of pollinators.Back to Monsanto, again. In both cases: designer plants and pestizides. We simply can't only tak about the technical details without regard to the political details. And since the latter happen to be played in the shades, it is only logic when people begin to come to conclusions. I do.
Just a little side- remark to LippyKid: You mentioned Clintons sex-scandal. I'm absolutely flabberghasted that a little blow- job caused such an uproar and made it into the international medias for monhs on ending, whilst an important part of the Bush administration earned and still earns enormous sums with a so called war that was organised by this same administration apparently has no consequences whatsoever for those people. That's asking questions, nothing but.

quintus said:
Just a little side- remark to LippyKid: You mentioned Clintons sex-scandal. I'm absolutely flabberghasted that a little blow- job caused such an uproar and made it into the international medias for monhs on ending, whilst an important part of the Bush administration earned and still earns enormous sums with a so called war that was organised by this same administration apparently has no consequences whatsoever for those people. That's asking questions, nothing but.
Very true, although the people get what the people want and seeing a man squirm and having to explain his private life will always sell papers. Is he still seen as a progressive president? Of course, as was Kennedy who was no angel either.

There's news and then there's tittle tattle and gossip. Public opinion and the media are not as in line as the media would like us to believe. I don't know which I loath more to be honest, Politicians evasive bullshit or the media's constant search for the next poor unfortunate to be hounded out of office by a witch hunt which just makes the politicians even more evasive and dishonest. There’s not a shred of common sense, what do we all want? Straight talking, honest, everyman politicians.. why? Apparently so we can nail them to a post if they speak their mind. Anyway this is all off topic, sorry

Not a single Bush was ever nailed to a post. Not even for very obvious profiteering on the back of a couple of hundreds of thousands of dead. Not even for tampering an election. And if the current president will be nailed to whatever, it won't be for the the reasons he should be nailed.
I know, sex sells. That's reality-show level. And yes, the majority of the people seems to be fine with it. Of course. What do we all want? Well- I know what I would like to have, if it comes to the organisation of society. And no- I'm not naive.
On the other hand I doubt very much if the said majority is informed enough to come to conclusions. Or to form a sophisticated opinion. You are free to call me arrogant.
I still got no answer to my Monsanto question. It's seems obvious that it is normal for the US to put a company above the law. Does it not even raise an eyebrow? Your farmers are very lonely with their biggest problem at hand. And here I just might touch the conspiracy level: The allover sleepiness of the people seems to fit perfectly into the personal financial- planning of a certain group of miscreants. That's kind of a question.

By the way: The president of my country would be in deep honeysuckle if he would NOT have a side-kick somewhere. :)

Lippy_Kid said:
-Sai- said:
Lippy_Kid said:

By all means question everything, I'd completely agree with you there. I wish some were just prepared to accept that you can arrive at an explanation that doesn't always involve a CIA cover up. Maybe then all the hard work that is done to uncover genuine corruption can be given centre stage and not buried under the millions of terabytes of speculative half baked conjecture you read on the net that means the average citizen can no longer tell fact from fiction.

+1 on that. Frankly, I do not take conspiracists seriously. They advise us to rightfully be suspicious of the official line peddled by the government &/or the standard explanations offered up in mainstream news media. They then follow up with their explanations for all events: 15% facts taken out of context, 25% fabrications & rumors that won't die, & 70% spurious connections between the first two. Anything can look like a Bilderberg conspiracy masterminded by Jewish bankers if that's your beginning assumption set in stone. All you have to do is ignore any evidence to the contrary & assume there is no such thing as coincidence.

To return to the original subject: I won't eat fast food unless the alternative is starvation.

PIZZA DOES NOT GROW ON TREES!!!!

I know that sounds conspiratorial. But I have the evidence!

PIZZA DOES NOT GROW ON TREES!!!

Not even in Disneyland!

MTrip said:
To return to the original subject: I won't eat fast food unless the alternative is starvation.

I don't usually eat it either. I had a salad from a fast food place last night, even that made me feel a little sick.

quintus said:
PIZZA DOES NOT GROW ON TREES!!!!

I know that sounds conspiratorial. But I have the evidence!

PIZZA DOES NOT GROW ON TREES!!!

Not even in Disneyland!

I hate to embarrass you quintus, but.....:D
i3dxqs.gif

Ha, Locke! Got you! It so obviously a fake! Look at the leaves! Surely you know what kind of tree THAT is! Sorry dear, it's a fake image. You are just another pizza-industry propaganda victim!

^ B...but....are you sure!? I don't know what to believe anymore..... everything is a lie....I knew I shouldn't have voted for Obama.

I'm gonna go swim in the chocolate river, just to cheer myself up. (Please don't tell me this is actually pollution from a Haliburton factory. :()
wb9iwx.jpg

Latest posts

Back