let it be

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
I see both a therapist and psychiatrist and to be perfectly honest could probably not explain to anyone's satisfaction why I do so.

I don't want to be "cured." I hate attention. I don't take any of the medication they give me. I am comfortable in my misery.

In rl I do not impose my lamentations on those around me. I keep to myself. I don't seek or appreciate ostentatious displays of sympathy or pity.

I don't think I am alone in how I perceive my situation.

Like everyone else I just want to be understood and accepted and not looked upon by society as a "broken person needing fixing."

What I want and need is for society to stop trying to make me feel guilty and abnormal for not wanting to "get out there in it."

Why do I have to manufacture this pretense of "wanting" to fit in in order to make those I come in contact with "comfortable" with fake smiles and fake displays of "happiness?"

If I am able to function, not be a nuisance and fulfill responsibilities why cannot society, family and..just accept me for who and what I am and go about life.?

I am not writing all this specifically for and about myself, but for others who live and feel as I do, because I know from encounters and experiences online that I am not alone.

I do not want to be managed by medication and/or therapy, nor cured or fixed.

I want to be accepted as an invisible participant in existence.

As long as I am not breaking the law or being burdensome, why is this an issue?

AND, if I have desire to option out of existence it should be my right and I should not have to accept that my wanting out is "wrong" and be forcibly admitted and forced to take medications and therapy until I have passed the litmus test of some team of "experts" that I can be released back into the abyss of life.

Latest posts

Back