Let's talk about sex!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ima Lone

Reaction score
For starters, it's not a four letter word

Of the letters that make it up, two, E & S are commonly used, while X is not so much

It's something we all have in common as our lives began with others having it

It can be a verb or a noun, versatile

No special equipment is required to participate in it

You can have it alone or with others

A lot of people spend a lot of time thinking about it

A lot more people should spend more time doing it instead of only thinking of doing it

It's a great word to use for click bait

It usually cheers one up

It's tough to be upset when you're having it

It's easy to be upset if you're not having it, either often enough or at all

Maybe it could be thought of like Vitamin S because it's overall good for you

Any thoughts, anyone? 🤨

To be honest, it's something I'd like to think about less.

Sometimes sexual thoughts, and sex itself as a thing - not that I am having it, I'm not, it's more like the whole concept of it - is kind of an annoyance that barges into my life, interrupting me and getting in the way. It's kind of a nuisance.

When I was a kid, before puberty, I didn't really think about it, and I was a lot happier. It just wasn't a priority for me. I was content to stay in the kid world. I could actually get into my interests fully. I could just get interested in things, and that was enough for it to be my life. I miss that.

At the same time, it's something I'd like to experience before I give up the ghost, though.
But only in a real relationship. I'm not interested in anything else.

When I was a kid, before puberty, I didn't really think about it, and I was a lot happier.

Yeah, before puberty, I never thought about a lot of things, sex being one of them.
And I agree, I was a lot happier. But before puberty I hadn't any or much thought
about any reason to not be happy, other than not getting what I want, when I wanted
it. Post puberty I found out that that's called "life". Sometimes I get what I want. Other
times, not so much. But looking back, I've always managed to get enough, for my needs.

Yeah, before puberty, I never thought about a lot of things, sex being one of them.
And I agree, I was a lot happier. But before puberty I hadn't any or much thought
about any reason to not be happy, other than not getting what I want, when I wanted
it. Post puberty I found out that that's called "life". Sometimes I get what I want. Other
times, not so much. But looking back, I've always managed to get enough, for my needs.

That's the thing - it's not "life". It's that while tech is getting better, this world is getting more and more broken.
It's going backwards, devolving. It's getting harder to get to "enough".
I guess it just hasn't gotten bad enough for most people yet, for them to see that this culture of hyper-individualism doesn't work for most people. I feel like instead of having a few winners and a lot of losers, the more evolved thing to do would be to make sure as many people as possible can at least get to "OK". And there could still be winners if someone really wants to go for more, that's fine. But it should at least be possible to get to "OK".

A lot of people say "oh just learn to be happy with less" but I feel like that's the bullshit they try to brainwash us with, to get us to go along with this "new normal" of things getting worse. Things should get better with time, that's evolution. When things get better, that becomes the new benchmark for "just OK"/"average"/"normal"/"enough", and it used to be normal for things to get better and to expect things to get better. Things were better in the decades following WW2, then at some point they started turning around and getting worse again, and these last couple decades, things started getting worse faster. I feel like it's unnatural.

It's one thing to be mad you can't get the newest PlayStation.
It's another to not be able to have what was considered "normal" for decades, possibly even longer.
Maybe it should be hard to be a big star, but it shouldn't be this hard to be "normal". Something's wrong these days.

Last edited:
Only speaking for myself, I will say that if I didn't care about sex, I could have retired 10 or maybe 15 years ago.
It's always and only been purely physical and transactional for me.
Looking back, I can absolutely see the benefits of being celibate. I Just didn't have the will power.
Meh...

Is there another kind? 🤔

I suppose the opposite of that kind of sex would be metaphysical and free...:unsure:
Hippie Sex. 🤷‍♂️😂

I enjoy sex, but I don't value it that highly.
Or rather, I don't pedestalize it like the brunt of our society does.
But also I don't equate my partners value to me entirely by our sex life, either.

Again, I enjoy and appreciate it, it's fun and with the right person can be an intimate experience, but I'm not going to you know, base my entire enigma on primal urges when as a sentient being I'm also gifted with cognitive development and critical thinking.

The result is that socially I stick out because of this.
Which makes me think like this cat meme only about sex instead of music:

funny-pictures-cat-piano-coldplay.jpg

Last edited:
Is there another kind? 🤔
I imagine if a guy has a girlfriend who calls him while he's at work, and tells him "Hey, come over tonight. I'm cooking dinner for you".
That kind of sex isn't transactional, and I suppose since she cares about him, it's more than just physical.

On the other hand, I have mostly paid by the hour.
And the few times it went beyond that (former "hourly girls" who "left the business"), it cost me much, much more.
As I approach old age, I am absolutely seeing where celibacy would not have been a bad path at all.

I suppose the opposite of that kind of sex would be metaphysical and free...:unsure:
Hippie Sex. 🤷‍♂️😂

I enjoy sex, but I don't value it that highly.
Or rather, I don't pedestalize it like the brunt of our society does.
But also I don't equate my partners value to me entirely by our sex life, either.

Again, I enjoy and appreciate it, it's fun and with the right person can be an intimate experience, but I'm not going to you know, base my entire enigma on primal urges when as a sentient being I'm also gifted with cognitive development and critical thinking.

The result is that socially I stick out because of this.
Which makes me think like this cat meme only about sex instead of music:
I am so sorry to break it to you Apex... but... you haven't had sex 🥺😖

No, actually, it's the opposite.
I've had enough sex in my life. 🤷‍♂️
That's WHY I am the way that I am with it. 😂

Think like a new car:
When you get a new car: oohh, new car.
3 years later: It's a car. 🤷‍♂️

Apexie! at risk of getting banned if I say what I truly wanna say lool Let me put it this way....

See thats a regular car... 3 years later a Lamborghini is still... a Lamborghini 😏 💅 *mic drop*...

I got married in 2013 ....

I have sex at least twice a week ...

it is 2023 ...

i must have had a lot of sex in that 10 years time ...

Most of the time , it feels good to have sex and go to sleep after that ...

:)

Apexie! at risk of getting banned if I say what I truly wanna say lool Let me put it this way....

See thats a regular car... 3 years later a Lamborghini is still... a Lamborghini 😏 💅 *mic drop*...

Maybe for someone who has never owned a Lamborghini.
I think sex is overrated. Sure, the pleasure is intense but it is short lived and to reach the same peaks, you need increasingly more and more stimulation or novelty. Just like someone who gets bored of a supercar and wants the next big thing: a yacht, a private jet, etc.
This reminds me of something I read some time ago. Joy, while not as intense as pleasure, will last you a lot longer. It involves compassion and giving yourself to something. Some might say that if you pursue joy you can find everlasting happiness.

Latest posts

Back