Life is over at 30

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undecided

Reaction score
I’ve done everything there is to be done!!!

I have no life and I just don’t know what’s to do. I have a job and I’m trying to save money but it just seem like I’ll never hit my goal.

i want to move out of state this year and start my life...
but I feel like at 30? I don’t know what else to do. I feel old and behind. I want kids and a family but I don’t think it’ll happen

You've done EVERYTHING there is to be done? Somehow I don't think that's true as there are billions of things to do, some of which you've likely never even heard of.

Moving and starting over can be a good idea, as long as you aren't running from something. If you are, your problems will just follow you. If you aren't, it may be worth a shot. Starting a family is not unthinkable in any way, as 30 is actually still pretty young.

Is your goal realistic? Maybe take a look at things and try to find a more reasonable goal if you don't think the one you have isn't happening.
Don't give up, just keep trying and think outside the box if being inside the box isn't helping you. Life is definitely not over yet.

And welcome to the forum. :)

I'm 50 now. I honestly feel my life (my good life) didn't really start until after age 30. My late teens and 20's were spent in a state of drugs, poverty, unemployment and being shacked up with the wrong man.

It wasn't until I got my honeysuckle together that my life started to turn around. I met a wonderful, supportive guy, we made a life together, had our son (I was 37) and now own our own home and are happy.

You're 30 now and you know what you want—you're more ahead of the game than I was at that age. It's most definitely not too late for you. Follow your heart.

The one great problem with life is that there is SO much to do and so little time. Don't write yourself off at 30, there are people living very full lives at 90.

If needed, have a bit of a brainstorm of things you might want to do. White water rafting, gliding, safari...etc. It's a big wide world out there.

And if 4 counter supports isn't enough, I'll add another. In my experience, life was equally interesting, active, and fun throughout my 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's. To feel old at your age is entirely unwarranted, but feeling behind on your life's plan or goals is a valid concern that many share. Only you can decide how best to pursue those goals, but don't let your (young) age discourage you from making a move or other drastic changes to your life. Most of us make them throughout our entire lives - far past the stage you're at.

I have no life and I just don’t know what’s to do. I have a job and I’m trying to save money but it just seem like I’ll never hit my goal.

but I feel like at 30? I don’t know what else to do. I feel old and behind. I want kids and a family but I don’t think it’ll happen
That happened to me around 40. Sure I continued exploring, hiking, caving, fishing, etc, etc, etc. But, there was no more excitement about it. I still have my hobbies to keep myself occupied. But, I'm getting more and more restless. I'm so **** tired the direction this country is going and how people seem to be more and more entilted and selfish. I REALLY want to move somewhere better. But, even with my travels I've never found where that is. Sure, I've found several pretty good spots. But, I've going back a few laters and now they are completely over populated and very different. Also wild fires have destroyed pretty much every one of my favorite spots. The other areas are closed to prevent people from starting wild fires. Blaaaaaa.

I've spent much time on the road by myself and am seriously considering doing that full time. But, finding a place to camp, hang out, or live away from others is becoming very difficult. Plus as my age continues to climb higher I will need to keep medical care in my plan. So, I don't want to be too far out in the middle of nowhere.

10 years from now is a realistic point to be feeling that way; no way you can recreate missed out on youth, difficult recover from career fail, too old to have kids (even male fertility drops past 40).

40 is game over. 30 is more like 'panic mode enabled' but still young enough for something to happen.

Last edited:
I hope you find a new purpose in life…a reason to live that makes you excited to wake up in the morning. Maybe its time to get “serious” with someone and see where the rabbit hole takes ya 😇

over 30s ancient mummy here coming out of the tomb, got to get some sunlight once in a while

ok, in all seriousness, not having a family and kids at 30 does not mean life is over. Sometimes society puts so much pressure on people to hit milestones and to achieve certain things by a certain age.

The question is, is that what you really want or what you feel you have to do to keep up? If that is indeed what you want then it's not too late to start looking for a partner.

My life is more functional at 37 than it was at 30.
My life has improved in almost every way - socially, materially, health-wise, career-wise.

Take one day at a time. Don't give up, you never know what's round the corner.

I am 29 so I am on the cusp of this milestone.

Whenever I feel down or depressed about that I watch videos of people who turned their lives around at 40 or 50.

I can relate. I think a lot of this can come from societal expectations too, some strange idea that cultivated at one point and grew legs that people are supposed to have accomplished a set number of tasks by 30, and if not, they've failed. But then I think about people in their 40s and upwards who decide to quit their jobs, or start new hobbies, or take on new adventures, and I think at the end of the day we are all people and we're here for a duration of time, and during that duration, whether it's 30 years or 60 or 80, we can choose to spend that time how we want to. I struggle with this feeling too, but I hope that you know you are not truly behind or old. And even if you were old, being old is not a bad thing. It just means you've made it more times around the sun, that's all.

I feel you.

Turned 30 this year, and just feels there is nothing else to look forward to. Every year following will have the same pattern; work, pay bills, see friends and pursue hobbies on evenings and weekends. Like, none of it's "bad", per se, just mundane.

I can kind of relate to that. For me it was because I experienced so much so early and it was like I just lost all control of everything. I did a complete 180. I stopped everything all at once and have gradually been adding things back into my life. Ive learned to pace myself so that I can truly enjoy my experiences instead of rushing to get to the next thing. Someone just said to me the other day that moderation was key.

Latest posts

Back