Like Me or Not, This Is Me (Hopefully Honesty Counts For Something)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

joeynicdao

At first I thought that this site would make me feel more lonely but I actually feel better knowing that there's a community where I can freely express what I go through without anyone not caring or thinking that I'm crazy but I still would like to share about what I go through.  I wanted to give an introduction on myself but I feel that I've already done a reasonably good job of that in my profile's bio, so if everyone's ok with it, I'll get straight to why I get lonely.

-I'm visually impaired and thus can't drive.
-I don't feel I have the looks worthy of my personality.
-I still live with my family (but I'm not a freeloader) and an overprotective family at that.
-Due to my school grant limiting how many courses I could take at a time and due to the need of keeping my grades up, I've only been taking 1 course per semester, so who knows how long it could take for me to graduate? (rhetorical question=not requiring answer).
-I've yet to experience a relationship that wasn't a long distance relationship (and that relationship left me feeling lonely and suicidal as well as took me 2 years to get over if I'll ever be over it completely).
-I was bullied when I was a kid.
-I tend to be shy and a loner.
-Many of the friends I have I can't count on which helps explain why I easily tend to be a loner and I'm not that good at meeting new people.
-I find that many people where I live are shallow and stuck up.
-The majority of my friends through the net (including my best friends) live far away.
-I'm most likely stuck in Canada for life because the CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) is here and because health care here is less expensive.
-I've thought about and wanted to commit suicide on more than one occasion but just haven't had the guts to follow through.

Hej joeynicdao,

Welcome to aLonelyLife.com!

I hope that you will receive some good feedback here. This website is really a forum for loners, lonely people and weird special people (who wants to be normal? I certainly dont)...

We have a number of things in common, including such things as being shy and having been bullied.

hey joey-

i think it's great that you're so open about everything. there certainly are lots of people here who will send their support your way.

i'm here too, if you ever want to chat... after all, canada's not ALL bad :)

bri said:

Says the girl from Toronto lol (pointing out the obvious to anyone's attention that it wasn't brought to). Sure, I'm up for chatting anytime.

Thats a positive thing already Joey that this site cheers you up, thats what we all hope it will do, we are all here for each other, and will not judge!.
NO your not crazy its normal what your feeling we all need company, someone to talk to, someone to care and make us feel loved,its a nice thing when people care about being lonely, as you get some people like my bf whos idea of a friend well, it may be to do with his past but he always says a friend in need is a bloody nusance!
But he is a loner so i dont really get much company with him!.
In your points you do put your self down a lot Joey, and so you are like your own worst enemy, making your self feel bad,everyone is different,and believe me the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same!
Hey I cant drive either,the tests just get harder, but also i cant afford to, ive not been able to work for health reasons:(
Being shy is a nice thing in a guy, i think,it shows you are sensitive which is much nicer than some forward git thinking they can get any woman!!!
I found out the hard way i could not count on my friends either, I used to live in scotland as im scottish, but nothing was going right for me, and i was fed up, my bf lived in england i decided to live with my bf,and my friends disowned me because of that!, I felt hurt and used, and that i was only respected when it suited them,i found out my so called best friend had said horrible things about me,and i ended our friendship because i found out she was scum, she was someone i saved from bullies, and now i wish i had not,as i created a monster,she sucked the life out me drained me,and was jealous of anyone that wanted to know me,so I guess you really do find out who your real friends are! REAL friends are happy for you!
God I cant stand shallow people they are the sort that think everyone should be pefect,well ive got news for them no one is perfect, we all have our crosses to bare, LOL it reminds me of that movie Shallow Hal, if youve seen it?
I have a net friend in Canada, i think she is in British Columbia.
Im sorry to hear about your sight,ive heard of billberries helping people increase their vision!, apparently pilots used it in the war to keep their vision sharp,i think it was billberry jam on toast they ate & of course theres always carrots!LOL.
Awl please dont think of suicide im sure most of us have been there, the darkside i call it, even i have, but its not worth it,life is to be lived,and learned from.
God Bless;)

joeynicdao said:
bri said:

Says the girl from Toronto lol (pointing out the obvious to anyone's attention that it wasn't brought to).  Sure, I'm up for chatting anytime.

angel_light said:
Thats a positive thing already Joey that this site cheers you up, thats what we all hope it will do, we are all here for each other, and will not judge!.
NO your not crazy its normal what your feeling we all need company, someone to talk to, someone to care and make us feel loved,its a nice thing when people care about being lonely, as you get some people like my bf whos idea of a friend well, it may be to do with his past but he always says a friend in need is a bloody nusance!
But he is a loner so i dont really get much company with him!.
In your points you do put your self down a lot Joey, and so you are like your own worst enemy, making your self feel bad,everyone is different,and believe me the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same!
Hey I cant drive either,the tests just get harder, but also i cant afford to, ive not been able to work for health reasons:(
Being shy is a nice thing in a guy, i think,it shows you are sensitive which is much nicer than some forward git thinking they can get any woman!!!
I found out the hard way i could not count on my friends either, I used to live in scotland as im scottish, but nothing was going right for me, and i was fed up, my bf lived in england i decided to live with my bf,and my friends disowned me because of that!, I felt hurt and used, and that i was only respected when it suited them,i found out my so called best friend had said horrible things about me,and i ended our friendship because i found out she was scum, she was someone i saved from bullies, and now i wish i had not,as i created a monster,she sucked the life out me drained me,and was jealous of anyone that wanted to know me,so I guess you really do find out who your real friends are! REAL friends are happy for you!
God I cant stand shallow people they are the sort that think everyone should be pefect,well ive got news for them no one is perfect, we all have our crosses to bare, LOL it reminds me of that movie Shallow Hal, if youve seen it?
I have a net friend in Canada, i think she is in British Columbia.
Im sorry to hear about your sight,ive heard of billberries helping people increase their vision!, apparently pilots used it in the war to keep their vision sharp,i think it was billberry jam on toast they ate & of course theres always carrots!LOL.
Awl please dont think of suicide im sure most of us have been there, the darkside i call it, even i have, but its not worth it,life is to be lived,and learned from.
God Bless;)

joeynicdao said:
bri said:

Says the girl from Toronto lol (pointing out the obvious to anyone's attention that it wasn't brought to). Sure, I'm up for chatting anytime.

Hi Joey,

Welcome to this site. I hope you will come and post here whenever you want to talk to someone. Please don't consider suicide. Your family loves you, and you have plenty to offer to society. You have insights that can make the world a better place. Please share your life experience with us. What has your life been like? Challenges? What are you most proud of that you have accomplished?

Hey Joey,
I think you sound like a great guy. :) If it's any consolation I was bullied as a kid and everyone called me blacky. I'm Indian and brown, you see. Best part was those who called me blacky were the indians. How ironic eh? Anyway, feel free to PM me anytime, seriously i'm new here, would like some friends.

Hey joey,

Being blind doesn't make you any worse than people who aren't handicapped in any manner. You're blessed to be in a country that does care for its citizens and prides its fantastic healthcare system. So don't despair, and I hope this forum will help you reach out to people who can help you out in times of need.
Do write about your experiences, I'd love to know more!

Latest posts

Back