Little Ego Boost

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got to talking with a male shop assistant today in an electronics store. I guess he was around 28yo give or take. Our conversation lead to me asking, "So how old do you think I am then?" He looked me up and down and guessed, "40?". His jaw dropped when I told him I was almost 56. He couldn't believe it and said, "Mate, you look amazing!" I told him he was too kind, and he said, "No, I mean it. You're older than my dad and he doesn't look anywhere near as in good shape as you are. What do you do?" meaning what exercise etc. So I told him. I was already feeling good in myself about my training, but it's always nice when someone else notices.

Last edited:
I got to talking with a male shop assistant today in an electronics store. I guess he was around 28yo give or take. Our conversation lead to me asking, "So how old do you think I am then?" He looked me up and down and guessed, "40?". His jaw dropped when I told him I was almost 56. He couldn't believe it and said, "Mate, you look amazing!" I told him he was too kind, and he said, "No, I mean it. You're older than my dad and he doesn't look anywhere as near as in good shape as you are. What do you do?" meaning what exercise etc. So I told him. I was already feeling good in myself about my training, but it's always nice when someone else notices.
keep up the progress if it makes you feel good and happy continue at it hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. Exercise is very good for the body and the mind and helps sometimes in relieving stress, depression and other negative feeling in the body and the mind keep at. :)

Thats amazing! I work out hard too... a lot of people say oh it's all work and cosmetics but I go gym at 5am and train harder than most I know. So keep it up, I respect the effort that keeps you fit and your body healthy.

Last edited:
keep up the progress if it makes you feel good and happy continue at it hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. Exercise is very good for the body and the mind and helps sometimes in relieving stress, depression and other negative feeling in the body and the mind keep at. :)
Absolutely true. It takes a little while to get into a rhythm, but once you stick with it a while, and be careful not to hurt yourself, it does wonders.

Thats amazing! I work out hard too... a lot of people say oh it's all work and cosmetics but I go gym at 5am and train harder than most I know. So keep it up, I respect the effort the keeps you fit and your body healthy.
Well done Ceno. Don't listen to the crap talkers, which I'm sure you don't. I started training in Dec 2020, had a few setbacks with some injuries (forgot how old i was lol) but after I recovered from everything and took in what I had to be careful about and listening to a couple excellent tutors online, I've not looked back. I average 2+hrs of exercise a day. Couple days weight training, then a cardio day. I deload every five or six weeks. I feel great.

Latest posts

Back