Living a healthy lifestyle

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not - but since covid,I have dropped 90 pounds without trying - probably because wasn't around people and the stress & drama people cause - if old sport injuries would heal, I would love to run 20 miles a day like I used too.

Yes and no...
I'm doing what I can within the parameters that I can as safely and as efficiently as possible.
All people are a Work In Progress.

Except for the 1%, they're not really people, anymore.
I'm all for the evolution of psychological transhumanism, but I think it needs to be managed correctly so that it doesn't become corrupt. Exceeding your humanity does not mean that you should forsake your humanity, it means you should be humbled, and contribute to creating Balance for those who struggle with creating Balance for themselves without the help to do so. People need guidance and assistance, and without guidance and assistance, we will be crushed beneath the weight of our own existence. Likewise, it is equally important to know the difference between lending a hand to help, and being outright taken advantage of. One has to Balance oneself first and foremost, before one can begin to help Balance others.

I'm not living an unhealthy lifestyle. I think the problem is mostly the food we eat, a lot of it is garbage. The government always bangs on about how it wants people to eat healthy, but the only thing they're good at is trying to make money out of a situation like this. They put tax up of sugary drinks and sweets, but dont counter it with tax relief on anything else that's considered healthy, so how is that promoting healthy eating?

Also our food in general is crap, a lot of things like bread are full of chemicals to make it bake quicker and to last longer. It's completely focussed on supply and demand. If you look at things like Strawberries they're massive! I don't ever remember them being that big when I was younger, things normally get smaller over time not bigger. They're clearly GMO like a lot of our fruit now - again supply and demand.

To eat healthy is becoming more difficult, I understand why people become vegetarians or vegan, but I believe even things like that are GMO in some way. Modern life doesn't account for healthy eating, most people - like myself - work long hours and it's all too convenient to buy quick foods, I try not to eat unhealthy stuff and I take positive that I'm pretty healthy despite all this. Unfortunately it's not the case for everyone else, and some people struggle to even afford to eat in current times.

Like I touched on earlier modern life doesn't help in many ways, I think working contributes to most people's problems yet it's an essential part of life to be able to live. You go work, earn money, pay your bills and buy your food. Yet more and more is expected from the average worker and so the problems begin; tiredness, exhaustion (physical and mental), yet you never seem to even be financially stable (again, especially in current times) so you work more and amplify the problems. People even have to now work longer into their lives (also backed by the government) because "people are living longer" which personally I think is rubbish, it's more like people are kept alive longer by modern medicine. I mean how much can you live at 90+? Most people at that age are immobile and many even have things like alzheimer's (don't even get me started on that) so it's not like you're living the time pf your life.

I'm not living an unhealthy lifestyle. I think the problem is mostly the food we eat, a lot of it is garbage. The government always bangs on about how it wants people to eat healthy, but the only thing they're good at is trying to make money out of a situation like this. They put tax up of sugary drinks and sweets, but dont counter it with tax relief on anything else that's considered healthy, so how is that promoting healthy eating?

Also our food in general is crap, a lot of things like bread are full of chemicals to make it bake quicker and to last longer. It's completely focussed on supply and demand. If you look at things like Strawberries they're massive! I don't ever remember them being that big when I was younger, things normally get smaller over time not bigger. They're clearly GMO like a lot of our fruit now - again supply and demand.

To eat healthy is becoming more difficult, I understand why people become vegetarians or vegan, but I believe even things like that are GMO in some way. Modern life doesn't account for healthy eating, most people - like myself - work long hours and it's all too convenient to buy quick foods, I try not to eat unhealthy stuff and I take positive that I'm pretty healthy despite all this. Unfortunately it's not the case for everyone else, and some people struggle to even afford to eat in current times.

Like I touched on earlier modern life doesn't help in many ways, I think working contributes to most people's problems yet it's an essential part of life to be able to live. You go work, earn money, pay your bills and buy your food. Yet more and more is expected from the average worker and so the problems begin; tiredness, exhaustion (physical and mental), yet you never seem to even be financially stable (again, especially in current times) so you work more and amplify the problems. People even have to now work longer into their lives (also backed by the government) because "people are living longer" which personally I think is rubbish, it's more like people are kept alive longer by modern medicine. I mean how much can you live at 90+? Most people at that age are immobile and many even have things like alzheimer's (don't even get me started on that) so it's not like you're living the time pf your life.
I agree,very true

I'd say i am. As i walk quite far in a week and do exercises at home, but i also eat a salad etc on some days of the week then have cheat meals. Because eating salad all the time is ******* boring, so you've got to mix it up a bit. I'd love to jog but my knees will just collapse and my shins will shatter so walking is good enough for now.

No.
I have a sitting work, it's very far from healthy.
Healthy lifestyle is also expensive and needs more afford, I suppose. It's always the lack of money and time in my life. I try to make it healthier, but to tell the truth I don't think it's really useful, I'm not going to live till 100.

Healthy food is more expensive and takes more time to cook.
Some out activity like gyms/pools/etc also are not cheap. Yes, they possibly can by some cheap cabbage and do some exercise at home, but after work they are too tired for it and I doubt they have any motivation. And alcohol and smoking is also a way to run away from the reality. So I think a lot of people just can't afford a healthy lifestyle.

No.
I have a sitting work, it's very far from healthy.
Healthy lifestyle is also expensive and needs more afford, I suppose. It's always the lack of money and time in my life. I try to make it healthier, but to tell the truth I don't think it's really useful, I'm not going to live till 100.

Healthy food is more expensive and takes more time to cook.
Some out activity like gyms/pools/etc also are not cheap. Yes, they possibly can by some cheap cabbage and do some exercise at home, but after work they are too tired for it and I doubt they have any motivation. And alcohol and smoking is also a way to run away from the reality. So I think a lot of people just can't afford a healthy lifestyle.
I hear you there,I agree.

Physically yes. I eat well, exercise, and sleep 9 - 9.5 hours every day.

But, mentally I live in a box. When I go out in public it feels so weird. It's like getting off an airplane in a different country. I really don't like doing it. However, I realize if I don't then it will continue to become more and more difficult. So, I force myself to do it.

Since I don't use the socialization part of my brain it has probably already shrunk and started to rot. More then likely I will get alzheimers or dementia while the rest of my body is healthy. I will live a long time and roam around playing tricks on all the other mental ward patients while they are sleeping. Then I'll screw with the staff doing things like randomly moving patients charts into different slot and other things like that. And, yes, I'll probably throw my poop around too. ;)

Latest posts

Back