Loneliness Video

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
I follow this person on Facebook, and if you go to her website she has research on loneliness. Most of her research is on loneliness in professionals (especially lawyers), and as a professional, I guess I can relate. She posted this video on facebook the other day, and it made me think about how my personal loneliness has evolved from emotional to social, and then how my imposter syndrome has gotten better.

When I first joined this forum, I was emotionally lonely. Shy, unwanted, lots of anxiety, and lots of depression, but I have evolved from 2014. Now I think I'm socially lonely, I'm bored. I need people to talk to, and I think this year has made it worse. I am not a big talker, and I really don't like talking to people, but I need my fill. I need to talk about my life and catch up with people, just to keep in check that I am actually doing okay. I guess I need to compare my life with other people in order to feel normal. I think that is why dog shows are so important for me. I don't have to see those people everyday, but seeing them a few weekends out of a month has been good for me. Plus, we have a huge passion we share together, so I actually have something to say to them.

I think I am just venting on this thread of my own issues, but as someone who is socially lonely, you guys are going to get it!

So my internet is messing up, and I guess I posted this twice. Sorry everyone. I shall go hide in a hole now.

Latest posts

Back