Lonely, bored and never included.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lonely all my life. Right now I have a partner but have no friends at all. I started a new job in December of last year and it's all clicky. I can't seem to connect with anyone. Yesterday I jokingly said something to someone and they said it was weird. I turned around and stayed at my desk the rest of the day.
This morning I got off the elevator and someone said hey sweetie when the door opened, I said hi, knowing they were relating to the other person in the elevator but they said I'm not talking to you.
As I walked away I said I know, no one talks to me.
I'm so sick of being unfullfilled. Tired of people saying enjoy your life, it's a gift. It's not if you're invisible, ignored and disgarded. I just don't know why I'm here. I'm tired of being dismissed and being ignored. I'm exhausted trying to get up in the morning and speak with people who just don't care. Everything is about them. No one ever asks about me. I seriously hate my life. Sorry for the rant.

I'm sorry it's like that, Greyson. I hope things do actually turn around for you and that your colleagues make you feel like you belong. If it was me I think I'd probably keep a non-reactive low profile, do my job as well as I reasonably could and try not to give them any valid reasons to find me objectionable. Then wait and see.

Hi all,

I've been lonely all my life. Right now I have a partner but have no friends at all. I started a new job in December of last year and it's all clicky. I can't seem to connect with anyone. Yesterday I jokingly said something to someone and they said it was weird. I turned around and stayed at my desk the rest of the day.
This morning I got off the elevator and someone said hey sweetie when the door opened, I said hi, knowing they were relating to the other person in the elevator but they said I'm not talking to you.
I'm so sick of being unfullfilled. Tired of people saying enjoy your life, it's a gift. It's not if you're invisible, ignored and disgarded. I just don't know why I'm here. I'm tired of being dismissed and being ignored. I'm exhausted trying to get up in the morning and speak with people who just don't care. Everything is about them. No one ever asks about me. I seriously hate my life. Sorry for the rant.
Rant away! I have a zillion rants. Society is just getting colder and colder. It is awful to be ignored, honestly I hate it with a passion. Really sorry you’re going through that.

I always wondered why places do this, in my school there was one guy everyone ignored no matter what he did to engage. I did speak to him here and there but that quickly led to an obsession with me so I had to stop. Cant help but think if everyone just treated him right, all that would have been avoided. Its like a pack mentality, they love to see someone excluded. I hope it gets better 😇

There is that...but most plausible, ask to use your partner to try couples activities.. women love to engage, and, the other person might be in the same boat. Something to bond with. Oh...and don't downplay you have a SO...can't speak for anyone else... but cherish that connection

Hi all,

I'm glad that you have a partner. How are you doing today? What did you eat? Was it good?

I think maybe you could try taking, "enjoy your life", as something you can do on your own or with your partner. IMO, most people IRL are honeysuckle. How about planning a fun trip just for the two of you to somewhere that's peopless. Is there something unique that the two of you could enjoy doing together?

BTW, I just made up that word. So I'm calling dibs on it:
Peopless - Short for Peopleless. Somewhere people are not. ;)

Greyson, many of us here can relate to your experience and feelings more than you know. And I won't try to dismiss them as unwarranted either since your situation is so common - people too busy or consumed with their own lives to notice or care about others. I do offer two counter measures though, rather than giving up on the matter.

First, know that your primary purpose in life is to know and love God. That's a life long venture and entirely controllable by you - to embrace or reject it. I'd suggest though that it's the most essential, fulfilling, and lasting relationship possible in this world. Having that on solid ground helps us manage the other relationship deficiencies.

Second, know that your other purpose in life is to learn how to love others. To do this, we need to be givers, not takers. By doing this, we not only please God, grow our character, and influence others in a positive way, but we also earn rewards in heaven to appreciate later.

To give and not get back doesn't seem fair and certainly can be discouraging, but good does come of it. And in the process of becoming an outwardly loving person that's seeking to serve God and others instead of ourselves, we usually make a few good friends along the way. It's a long hard process, but one worth pursuing.

I'm sure life can be a curse, as much as a gift...

Maybe things will turn around... 🙃

Kind off topic; but, did you join this forum in 2010 like it says?
I may have. I tend to jump on and off social so I don't always remember where I've been. I tried to sign up and it said I had an a count already.

What was your joke?

Do you ask about other people a lot?
It wasn't a joke as much as a response to a conversation. I do ask others about themselves. Not in a pestering/nosey way but I was brought up to be kind, have manners and ask others about themselves. I think people feel good when you ask about them. Don't we all? Now it's how are you and the other person talks for 20 min about their life then walks away. They don't even think that you may want to share or that it would be nice to get that same attention. Having said that, everything is so one sided now I don't trust people. Have been used too many times. And when I needed that same person they couldn't be bothered.

I'm glad that you have a partner. How are you doing today? What did you eat? Was it good?

I think maybe you could try taking, "enjoy your life", as something you can do on your own or with your partner. IMO, most people IRL are honeysuckle. How about planning a fun trip just for the two of you to somewhere that's peopless. Is there something unique that the two of you could enjoy doing together?

BTW, I just made up that word. So I'm calling dibs on it:
Peopless - Short for Peopleless. Somewhere people are not. ;)
That's the problem, it's always just is two. We vacation, do everything together. It would be nice to have other people to connect with genuinely like you, are interested in you and want to be around you.

quit the job and go hitchhike around europe for awhile, move to a european country. ezzzzzzz. be a english teacher, hell do i know

Latest posts

Back