Lonely is Good

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trained bears, of course šŸ»
cocaine bear.jpg

Your link of the cocaine bear reminds me of another true incident involving a forest bear. It happened over 20 years ago but I still remember it. A forest ranger found a bear in an odd predicament. Evidently the bear had been foraging for food, and ran across a Jar of food. In struggling to get at the contents inside the jar, the bear forced his snout into the jar. But in the process, his snout got so tightly wedged in the jar that he could not extricate himself. It was sometime after that the forest ranger found the bear wandering around with the jar still over his snout, and freed the bear. The ranger did not know how long the bear was wandering around in that condition.

At my workplace, I once knew a co-worker who had a girlfriend, and then that girlfriend dumped him. That break-up made that co-worker so distraught that he actually contemplated suicide. If you really consider that situation, you can see that a relationship and its unexpected break-up can be even worse, much worse than Not having a relationship in the first place. At least when you don't have any girlfriend in the first place, you do not contemplate suicide. So for those of you who crave for a relationship, you should realize you are in at least a safer place as compared with those who had a relationship and then lost it.

The point I was trying to make in the previous post that relationships cause pain is the Zen principle that it's the desires that cause suffering. And desire becomes the most painful when it becomes Craving. And that Craving applies not only to alcohol but also to relationships.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong about relationships per se. But instead of chasing so desperately after it, one should let the Universe give it to you naturally. That's what happened to me, because I was not looking for a girlfriend at all, but it still happened.

Latest posts

Back