Looking for companions on this lonely road that is called life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novato

Reaction score
Hello

I guess that as most of you, I find myself feeling alone, even in the middle of a crowd. I try not to give it too much of a thought, but some times when the lights go down I find myself wondering what is the point of all of it if you are not happy?

In the end, I realize that most of my unhappiness comes from within me, but can't seem to get myself around to fix what I know is wrong. Most of the time I figure, is either too late or too difficult to fix a life.

So this brings me here. In search of a traveler companion that probably has the same route and shares the same problems and questions. We may not solve them all, but at least have some fun searching for an answer.

PS. English is not my native language, so please forgive me if I make no sense sometimes or my spelling is incorrect. As with life, I'm still in the process of learning.

Welcome to the forum novato.

Tell us more about yourself. What are your hobbies and interests? You say you are looking for a travelling companion, what kind of journey are you on?

Hope you find what you are looking for here.

Hello

I guess that as most of you, I find myself feeling alone, even in the middle of a crowd. I try not to give it too much of a thought, but some times when the lights go down I find myself wondering what is the point of all of it if you are not happy?

In the end, I realize that most of my unhappiness comes from within me, but can't seem to get myself around to fix what I know is wrong. Most of the time I figure, is either too late or too difficult to fix a life.

So this brings me here. In search of a traveler companion that probably has the same route and shares the same problems and questions. We may not solve them all, but at least have some fun searching for an answer.

PS. English is not my native language, so please forgive me if I make no sense sometimes or my spelling is incorrect. As with life, I'm still in the process of learning.
So judging by your nickname you would be masculine (would be novata, I suppose if it were a girl), and some Latin language : Spanish or Portuguese speaking probably?

Hey, i'm sorry you're feeling like that. Do you have an idea how you would have to fix your life if you could?

I hope you find some relief here, welcome!

Hello

Hello Novato,

I may not be able to travel with you, but it sounds like you may be Spanish....? If so I speak un poco and write un poco . I'm on the lonely road too, in fact I spent the early morning crying over it and was tempted to just go get a sleeping pill and put myself out for the rest of the day. But I didn't and decided to come to the local senior center where sometimes I meet other lonely people.

I'm crying over a guy I had to give up over two years ago. I see him around still but hes out and hanging with other women, has his circle of drug friends and he pretty much avoids me now as much as possible.

What encourages me is I play songs about Gods love and knowing that I'm never alone helps me . Songs like I am not alone and His eye is on the sparrow. I believe if we focus on the creator (because people come and go) then we know if we have his love then we are loved. And its difficult because people down here on Earth....they never love us like God does. Used to when I was younger I never spent time with God and I know the feeling of feeling like I just wanted it (life) to be over with. But I knew I always had a friend now that Ive been giving God the first part of my day for over 20 years. Most of the time Im not even depressed anymore.....and if I look around I have much to be thankful for. I have a good job, a roof over my head, I have the privaledge of running water, a daily soak in the bathtub if I wanted to and I live in a great community that has a lot of giving people. Sometimes, though I have all this I can still be lonely. Just hang in there. Remember God always wants to be a friend.

I hope that helps,
Jessica

Latest posts

Back