Loss of enjoyment with hobbies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to get back into my hobbies, but it's really difficult. I haven't drawn anything in over 3 months and as for my music, I haven't produced anything in over a week. Everything seems like it's on standby in my life, even my hobbies. It's even difficult just to get out of bed in the mornings. I end up just dragging myself everywhere, and now I lost the hobbies that have gotten me through so much. It's slowly killing me.

What works for me is just pushing myself to do something. I don't feel like doing it. It almost makes me angry when I start doing something. But, after a few minutes I'm back at it and soon things are moving right along. However, it can't be something you dread because then it will suck.

Last edited:
In terms of drawing and painting, have you considered visiting some art galleries for inspiration, attending courses, trying to find a place where you could hold an exhibition of your works, even the most modest, focusing on a particular aspect and trying to master one or two skills? Having something to work towards often helps. I used to trail run for fun and finding new challenging and interesting places to explore helped a lot, also working towards short-term goals like a half or a marathon, even I'm not particularly interested in a competitive running. One of my accidental hobbies turned into a full-time job. On the other hand, a lot of my old passions simply disappeared or burnt out.

Latest posts

Back