love isn't for me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unlucky in life said:
ShybutHi said:
unlucky in life said:
i don't go by looks really .i pick guys who don't like me that what i mean i can't pick a guy i like and who DON'T likes me now do you understand
being good looking give huge advantage over the competition but i am not

Yes if you were incredibly stunning to look at then you are going to attract more men, that is a given, that will also result in attracting the more shallow idiotic types of men who are completely talentless, unwise and simply not a good partner anyway. Most of the population are not good looking and like I said, in the end it is going to be the guys personality you want, not their looks.

If you have been interested in guys and have shown your interest to them then good on you, even if they have turned you down. Just keep trying and you may very well find a guy who likes you too. Personally I would love it if a girl was to show interest in me, I think most guys would but I dont expect that will ever happen because I am an unattractive, shy person... Not a good combination at all. Also having no relationship experience and poor social skills makes it even harder, it is near impossible for me to show interest in women and I am blind to any signs of attraction from women also.

well 100% of guys i know are very shallow that why i am on my own because of that reason alone .its just there shallow and have specific tastes i am not on any of there specific lists.its no fun being chubby child , teenager ,20s because looks is where you get accepted and rejected and i get rejected all i have ever knowing being chubby all my life

not everything in life is about love.

VideoVidiVisum said:
IgnoredOne said:
Oh my, what a beautiful signature you have now :D

yes, a very attractive guy I will be betrothed to (once his current gf leaves him) gave me the idea... xD

What a brilliant guy he must be, and lucky after his terrible heartbreak from being dumped! :D

Peter Lorre said:
I guess he saw the original pilot of Blackadder. It's the family's motto :D

The Black Adder said:
Prince Edmund: Selling the sexual favours of Nuns? Some people actually pay for them?

Baldrick: Foreign business men, other nuns, yes

Brilliant show. They don't write them like they do anymore.

So here's a question....
On top of everything else that makes guys not want you, do you also have a penis?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say YOU DON'T!!!!! This indicates that you HAVE NO **** IDEA what guys want. Also, even if you DID have a penis, this would only indicate that you know what YOU want. You can't ******* read minds, you can't know what other people want unless they tell you.

EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON WANTS DIFFERENT THINGS!!! EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON LOOKS FOR DIFFERENT THINGS IN RELATIONSHIPS.

So to sum up what I said.... YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT! (and honestly, I don't think YOU know what you want either)

lets face it good looking people have much easier when it come to love .its just too easy for them its not fair its just not
why did some people end up unattractive looking like other end up natural good looking and fit there lives are much easier every
one likes good looking they get treated better they don't have to do any thing to find love and success and even study hard for exams
every one take natural like for them without question

unlucky in life said:
lets face it good looking people have much easier when it come to love .its just too easy for them its not fair its just not
why did some people end up unattractive looking like other end up natural good looking and fit there lives are much easier every
one likes good looking they get treated better they don't have to do any thing to find love and success and even study hard for exams

You know, good-looking people may have the upper hand when it comes to attracting someone, but that is just the first stage of the relationship process.

Just because a person is good-looking, it does not mean that the relationship has any greater chance of success. There are still things like communication and emotion and patterns of behavior to contend with. That's not going to be any easier just because someone may be a "10" rather than a "4."

tangerinedream said:
unlucky in life said:

You know, good-looking people may have the upper hand when it comes to attracting someone, but that is just the first stage of the relationship process.

Just because a person is good-looking, it does not mean that the relationship has any greater chance of success. There are still things like communication and emotion and patterns of behavior to contend with. That's not going to be any easier just because someone may be a "10" rather than a "4."

but its advantage because they jobs alot easier. people want to be friends with them.they collage results will be better . they'll be favourites to other people they,ll be first perference for every thing every thinks good looking are natural nice they popular too .i meet good looking guy last year he was nice for bit then i told what i look liked he didn't want to know me any more he said horrible and shallow and hurtful things.he said he wouldn't give me day every .they say good looking are much smarter the average looking person i believe that .most good looking have no problem getting degrees and job straight away. and love come easy and friends comes easy they get invited every where parties and people are taking photos of them at parties and every one wants to know them.they can be very choosing about friends , girlfriends,jobs, parties to be invited to or not .if they want to know you or not. if they like how you look they let you be friends they don't they won't bother with you or even acknowledge you

Attractive people do have easier lives in many ways, but hardly to the magnitude which you suggest. Attractive people mostly tend to get accepted somewhat more, which leads to them having high self-confidence and extroversion, and that confidence further fuels progress in their life.

It has as much, if not more, to do with the confidence that they get from being accepted than from just looking pretty.

It is by no means an unmixed blessing, however, especially for women. Beauty often gets girls targeted for nefarious motives; because they are valued primarily for, essentially, sex, they are the ones targeted to be taken advantage of or worse. Furthermore, beauty can become a crutch for people to cruise on life with without much effort, only to fall into pits when it begins to fade.

There is no correlation between physical attractiveness and intelligence, indeed, maybe people believe the converse as typified by the ditzy blonde stereotype :p

I think you overestimate the importance of beauty. I've known a lot of attractive women and effect on others really has as much to do with personality as any natural charms. The loveliest girl who never raises her face isn't going to get much recognition while a less attractive woman who is comfortable in herself and emphasizes her qualities can easily become the center of attention.

As a girl, if you have natural beauty, yes, no doubt, you will have it easy in life. You'll have no problems finding a mate, having friends, and getting accepted anywhere. Even at work or whereever you are, people want to be friends with the pretty ones because hey, that's where they'll find the cute guys. And guys will also flock to them because they're attractive.

Yes, life IS easy and wonderful for them. But you don't find that you're one of the lucky natural beauties. So what are you going to do about it?

Do you find that feeling depressed about it will suddenly make you beautiful and make the pretty girls ugly? Or suddenly society will all love ugly girls and hate pretty girls?

I think you kind of live your life around getting a handsome guy and having bitterness because you're not pretty as some.

I've lived in that sort of mind before for many years. I really do get what you're saying. And I'm living in a country where women are all naturally skinny. I mean, SKINNY. No matter how much they stuff themselves with food, most of my friends remain slim and thin. We don't have a problem with obesity either. And for a lot of men, being skinny is really important here, because lo and behold, if you're slightly chubby, they view it as 'fat'.

I think though, that perhaps you're just going through a phase. I know for a lot of young people, having a cute bf/gf is the most important thing in the world.

I know for sure you are not interested in finding a solution. But you want to be right about how you feel about all this and I'm telling you you're right. There's nothing new or fresh about what you're saying on here. It's all very obvious and true.

But, I think most people choose not to let something that is out of their control bother them to the point it does for you.

And by the way, if you really think about it, love does not exist a lot in this world - especially for the good looking couples. They got together because they liked what they saw on the outer appearance. If one of them had some kind of disfiguring or suddenly put on a 100lbs extra weight, that's the end of their relationship if there wasn't something more to it than physical attraction.

So love isn't for you because you're looking in the wrong places - talking about thrashy Argentinian men who ill treat you. I don't think I want to be anywhere near around these kind of men but seems to me like you would throw yourselves at their feet. You attract the person you are sometimes. You're not going to find love in people like that, but you think they would give you that and that is very unlikely to happen because they don't have any love to give you. If they had love, they wouldn't have treated you like that.

beans said:
As a girl, if you have natural beauty, yes, no doubt, you will have it easy in life. You'll have no problems finding a mate, having friends, and getting accepted anywhere. Even at work or whereever you are, people want to be friends with the pretty ones because hey, that's where they'll find the cute guys. And guys will also flock to them because they're attractive.

Yes, life IS easy and wonderful for them. But you don't find that you're one of the lucky natural beauties. So what are you going to do about it?

Do you find that feeling depressed about it will suddenly make you beautiful and make the pretty girls ugly? Or suddenly society will all love ugly girls and hate pretty girls?

I think you kind of live your life around getting a handsome guy and having bitterness because you're not pretty as some.

I've lived in that sort of mind before for many years. I really do get what you're saying. And I'm living in a country where women are all naturally skinny. I mean, SKINNY. No matter how much they stuff themselves with food, most of my friends remain slim and thin. We don't have a problem with obesity either. And for a lot of men, being skinny is really important here, because lo and behold, if you're slightly chubby, they view it as 'fat'.

I think though, that perhaps you're just going through a phase. I know for a lot of young people, having a cute bf/gf is the most important thing in the world.

I know for sure you are not interested in finding a solution. But you want to be right about how you feel about all this and I'm telling you you're right. There's nothing new or fresh about what you're saying on here. It's all very obvious and true.

But, I think most people choose not to let something that is out of their control bother them to the point it does for you.

And by the way, if you really think about it, love does not exist a lot in this world - especially for the good looking couples. They got together because they liked what they saw on the outer appearance. If one of them had some kind of disfiguring or suddenly put on a 100lbs extra weight, that's the end of their relationship if there wasn't something more to it than physical attraction.

So love isn't for you because you're looking in the wrong places - talking about thrashy Argentinian men who ill treat you. I don't think I want to be anywhere near around these kind of men but seems to me like you would throw yourselves at their feet. You attract the person you are sometimes. You're not going to find love in people like that, but you think they would give you that and that is very unlikely to happen because they don't have any love to give you. If they had love, they wouldn't have treated you like that.
sorry this bit is confusing to me sorry :
thrashy Argentinian men who ill treat you. I don't think I want to be anywhere near around these kind of men but seems to me like you would throw yourselves at their feet. You attract the person you are sometimes. You're not going to find love in people like that, but you think they would give you that and that is very unlikely to happen because they don't have any love to give you. If they had love, they wouldn't have treated you like that.

what country are you are from . are you from European country like Italy, France , Spain , Finland
most women in Europe are beyond beautiful looking and slim and skinny
some thing i could never measure to .the beauty in Europe is very high standard very high

unlucky in life said:
most women in Europe are beyond beautiful looking and slim and skinny
some thing i could never measure to .the beauty in Europe is very high standard very high

what I mean is, you are kind of shallow. You keep talking about beauty and that's all there is to you. I don't even know anything else about you except that you are so hung up on looks.

And I saw the youtube video clip that you attached in one of your posts of these 'beautiful' women.

To me, I think they're not really that beautiful. They use a lot of make up and they are a bit on the large side.

Yes she seems incredibly shallow the way she talks as if physical appearance is the only thing in the world that matters. lol... Absolutely pathetic. She believes this so firmly that anything you say will be twisted and rearranged to her own shallow world view.

I dont mean to sound insulting, its just my opinion after reading many many posts of her rehashing exactly the same things because of her flawed perception.

Unlucky you really need to stop believing that appearance means everything because you are so incredibly wrong. You are right that it can be useful in some areas but also it can actually be a very bad thing too, it has its advantages and disadvantages.

Latest posts

Back