love isn't for me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think she needs to experience more of life outside of :

1) men
2) looks

Unlucky, maybe you should save up some money, travel a bit, go see the world and try to be open to what life has to offer other than the things you obsess about.

ShybutHi said:
Yes she seems incredibly shallow the way she talks as if physical appearance is the only thing in the world that matters. lol... Absolutely pathetic. She believes this so firmly that anything you say will be twisted and rearranged to her own shallow world view.

I dont mean to sound insulting, its just my opinion after reading many many posts of her rehashing exactly the same things because of her flawed perception.

Unlucky you really need to stop believing that appearance means everything because you are so incredibly wrong. You are right that it can be useful in some areas but also it can actually be a very bad thing too, it has its advantages and disadvantages.

but i only see the advantages of being attractive looking because i have been ugly looking and fat all my life.i have been treated badly because how i look and my weight i am not accept for being unattractive looking
and fat ,i don't see much disadvantages there is few more advantages and disadvantages .better IQ too, better treatment and more choices in life more social life better exam results better job options etc

unlucky in life said:
but i only see the advantages of being attractive looking because i have been ugly looking and fat all my life.i have been treated badly because how i look and my weight i am not accept for being unattractive looking
and fat ,i don't see much disadvantages there is few more advantages and disadvantages .better IQ too, better treatment and more choices in life more social life better exam results better job options etc

As someone else said people who are very attractive physically also get taken advantage of alot, did you not ever think about that? If you are very good looking you are going to attract people who dont give a **** about who you are, all they care about is your body. That results in you being used by shallow ignorant people...

"Better IQ too" lmao what in the hell are you talking about, that is a stupid thing to say and infact the truth is the complete opposite. Tons of people with very good looks are actually shallow arrogant ignorant people. This is because they grew up getting what they want through their looks and not their brains or personality, they believe everything should be handed to them because they grew up with an arrogance that makes them believe they are above most other people.

You sound like some sort of wannabe model or beauty therapist who couldnt cut it so they turned jealous and bitter.

ShybutHi said:
unlucky in life said:

As someone else said people who are very attractive physically also get taken advantage of alot, did you not ever think about that? If you are very good looking you are going to attract people who dont give a **** about who you are, all they care about is your body. That results in you being used by shallow ignorant people...

"Better IQ too" lmao what in the hell are you talking about, that is a stupid thing to say and infact the truth is the complete opposite. Tons of people with very good looks are actually shallow arrogant ignorant people. This is because they grew up getting what they want through their looks and not their brains or personality, they believe everything should be handed to them because they grew up with an arrogance that makes them believe they are above most other people.

You sound like some sort of wannabe model or beauty therapist who couldnt cut it so they turned jealous and bitter.

no i am none of them i can't stand to look at the mirror.its just males value looks more the any thing else.i see good looking people find love so easy me i don't have fighting chance i am very much underdog.
but men will go for the most attractive female to him and get the girl he wants without rejection i don't think good looking guys know what rejection because i do very much

i used to be want model when i was kid but that all .little girls dream about models or being princess

here the bit about the IQ
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...od-looking-people-are-also-the-cleverest.html

I don't know that "The Sun" is anything that i would reference. There has to be a more reputable source than that.

beans said:
unlucky in life said:
good looks open alot of doors

Yeah, for men to put their d*ck inside them.

no i mean success in jobs and quality of life .more friends and more choice and have high self esteem and good out look on life. and be more approachable. people are always nice to good looking people

that's what i mean not what you said

Good looks are not nearly as important in men, if that's what you're arguing. There are some things which give some men an advantage such as height, but it is not intrinsically related to good looks. There are plenty of successful and influential men who don't look very attractive, so I'm not sure where you argue from.

The Sun is not a reputable source. Physical attractiveness in itself is hard to measure - what I find as physically attractive, ShyButHi may not. Even norms such as the definition of 'slimness' have changed a great deal, as Renaissance era depictings of Venus versus Romantic era of paintings.

How many Noble prize winners are models? How many university professors?

Callie said:
So here's a question....
On top of everything else that makes guys not want you, do you also have a penis?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say YOU DON'T!!!!! This indicates that you HAVE NO **** IDEA what guys want. Also, even if you DID have a penis, this would only indicate that you know what YOU want. You can't ******* read minds, you can't know what other people want unless they tell you.

EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON WANTS DIFFERENT THINGS!!! EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON LOOKS FOR DIFFERENT THINGS IN RELATIONSHIPS.

So to sum up what I said.... YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT! (and honestly, I don't think YOU know what you want either)

Minus said:
I don't know that "The Sun" is anything that i would reference. There has to be a more reputable source than that.

LMAO!!!
But if it's on the internet, it must be true, right? ;)

Teresa

If someone makes a claim on this message board (that attractiveness and intelligence are related), with link attached, you could always do them the decency of reading the link, searching on Google Scholar the name of the head researcher and then finding a link http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.106.8858&rep=rep1&type=pdf where the research paper is stored rather than making fun of the person who provided the information. It took me less than 90 seconds to find the pdf file.

That intelligence and attractiveness are related is obvious to anyone who realises that the quality of genes that produce intelligence might be related to the quality of genes that produce attractiveness.

However, we're talking about 12 IQ point here. This is not a lot. The difference between a good and bad nights sleep is probably greater than this. Also, you can go your whole life not needing great amounts of intelligence. For many people, the hardest thing they have to do is program the VCR.

Having read more than a few of unlucky in life's posts, I suspect that her issues are greater than looks or intelligence. Her attitude seems almost totally negative. It's rare to find someone like that in any environment, including the Internet.

40somethingguy said:
If someone makes a claim on this message board (that attractiveness and intelligence are related), with link attached, you could always do them the decency of reading the link, searching on Google Scholar the name of the head researcher and then finding a link http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.106.8858&rep=rep1&type=pdf where the research paper is stored rather than making fun of the person who provided the information. It took me less than 90 seconds to find the pdf file.

That intelligence and attractiveness are related is obvious to anyone who realises that the quality of genes that produce intelligence might be related to the quality of genes that produce attractiveness.

However, we're talking about 12 IQ point here. This is not a lot. The difference between a good and bad nights sleep is probably greater than this. Also, you can go your whole life not needing great amounts of intelligence. For many people, the hardest thing they have to do is program the VCR.

Having read more than a few of unlucky in life's posts, I suspect that her issues are greater than looks or intelligence. Her attitude seems almost totally negative. It's rare to find someone like that in any environment, including the Internet.

Not sure I'd agree with that study right off the bat, but it is certainly interesting!!

VideoVidiVisum said:
Not sure I'd agree with that study right off the bat, but it is certainly interesting!!

This is how I know that future wife will help me with Calc 3.

But yes, the study is compelling although it is a fairly weak correlation in some ways - is intelligence always linked with status? Is intelligence heritable? All of the four fundamental assumptions are disputable(although personally, I think they are true enough for the purposes of the study).

Evolutionary psychology itself is a very controversial field, not to mention, and if taken as gospel(which I don't think even its advocates suggest), it would have disturbing suggestions.

unlucky in life said:
http://www.medindia.net/news/Good-Looks-Equate-Intelligence-79558-1.htm

the likes of me has neither so i get rejected i don't have good looks and brains guys see that straight away
so i get left there .like they said other women are better .they see i have nothing to offer
straight away in me

this is horrible thinking.

you are a person.

and that is A LOT to offer.

any guy who sees you as nothing more than an 'appearance' as opposed to a living, breathing human being is not deserving of your attention nor anyone's for that matter.

there are men out there looking for love, not looks.

and all sorts of men find all sorts of different 'looks' appealing.

i personally go for the lusty-busty seawench look, curly hair, expressive face, nice ass, of the milf variety. not the typical scandinavian extraterrestrial teenage-boy look.

blackhole said:
unlucky in life said:
http://www.medindia.net/news/Good-Looks-Equate-Intelligence-79558-1.htm

the likes of me has neither so i get rejected i don't have good looks and brains guys see that straight away
so i get left there .like they said other women are better .they see i have nothing to offer
straight away in me

this is horrible thinking.

you are a person.

and that is A LOT to offer.

any guy who sees you as nothing more than an 'appearance' as opposed to a living, breathing human being is not deserving of your attention nor anyone's for that matter.

there are men out there looking for love, not looks.

and all sorts of men find all sorts of different 'looks' appealing.

i personally go for the lusty-busty seawench look, curly hair, expressive face, nice ass, of the milf variety. not the typical scandinavian extraterrestrial teenage-boy look.

mr that offence that's complete opposite to what you just said minute ago

blackhole said:

I love you lol you just made my day =]

Latest posts

Back