Make something... (a game)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterLonely

Reaction score
I kinda feel like making a video game, as I'm a C# web application developer I know coding, but I have no experience coding for games on an engine like Unity, and I'm not very artistic at all, not just in skills but in thinking, I always feel that anything I could come up with would have een something I saw somewhere.

Anyway, I'd like to make a game and I'd like some people to join me, this is all very new and I'd like anyone that thinks this is interesting but doesn't have a clue as to the what or how to make themselves known, so we might be able to figure things out as a small group.

First thought is Unity engine and some sort of tower defense game, as they seem to be good starting points from what I've read online, ut those are just first thoughts. Anyone please voice your opinions :)

I'm genuinely an idea guy. This could be fun.

Do you want it to be RPG like, with characters, or purely on the tower, turn-based, etc?

Just be sure not to do a Unity asset flip, that scammers on Steam sure love to do. It's okay to use assets (that's what they're there for, after all), just put some passion into make a great game and not an obvious cash-grab, which is what most of them are.

I don't get that vibe from you, but it's something to keep in mind, as a lot of people on Steam will initially be wary if it is a Unity asset game. That's why you gotta nail it on the game and make it something special. That means something to you.

Experience is not required, just willingness to learn and put in some time, not that much either, as most of us are busy all the time already.

Ideally, all assets would be unique creations by the team, I don't care if it even gets released, well not at first though, but this did give me the it's better to be smart about it an so it good idea, maybe someone with knowledge of law and licensing would be good as well!

MisterLonely said:
Experience is not required, just willingness to learn and put in some time, not that much either, as most of us are busy all the time already.

Ideally, all assets would be unique creations by the team, I don't care if it even gets released, well not at first though, but this did give me the it's better to be smart about it an so it good idea, maybe someone with knowledge of law and licensing would be good as well!

Well, that last bit really depends on a number of factors. If you intend on releasing it eventually, you'll likely want to protect the name by trademarking it. You have to contact a lawfirm, have a specific word or phrase you want to license, then have them investigate if you CAN trademark it, other companies using same or similar names can oppose themselves, then it gets trademarked for 15 years, but the initial process takes a few years as well...that can cost a couple of G's to start with.
I'm by no means an attorney, I'm sure someone can advise you better, but you need to invest money to start with. It'd probably be better to actually think up the project first, get some work done on it and then, when it's, I don't know, 60% complete, start looking into licensing and marketing and such.

Also, since this is a public forum and anyone can read anonymously...any ideas anyone has are either better done through PM's or some other means. Because people WILL steal it if they read it and they think it's good. I have one or two myself, though I'm rusty on my computer skills (didn't complete my college degree in computer sciences lol).

It is very interesting though. Me and my cousin had plans when we were in our 18's to do just that.

Are you still even up for doing this? I know a guy who could be a big help and who would be way way too interested, who's registered here as well.

Latest posts

Back