Man. This health anxiety is awful

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabnis_Brickey

Reaction score
I have a heart condition where my heart pretty thick and scarred up. While most people live a normal life with this, the people who don't need pretty serious medical interventions that don't always with. The new med they have for this condition just released but it's like 80k per month. So far I'm on shitty meds to help the load on my heart and I just got a defibrillator installed on my body.

Honestly, I could live with the heart stuff. I kinda know what's going on with it and what's likely to happen.

The shitty part is that I had a TIA last summer. No lasting damage but they found that I also had a silent stroke some time in the past. TIAs are usually warning shots. I believe the number is 1/3 of people have a stroke within a year of a TIA. I feel like I'm on that list.

They hadn't found the source of the TIA so all I can really do is try to live healthier. The fact that my aunt just had a stroke that has paralyzed her left side makes me even more afraid.

I'm supposed to be happy right now. I have a newborn at home. All I can think of is not being there for him growing up. Or being a burden on my family. I cry at night, apologizing to him

I hate this.

I'm sorry, Dabnis_Brickey, to hear of the stress you're in.
If 1/3 of people have a stroke within a year, then 2/3's of them don't......
Play the hand of cards you were dealt, bad as they are.....as you say, try and live healthier.

Maybe keep a journal for the newborn to read when he's old enough.......if you're one of the unlucky 1/3. Let him know who you were.

Though Constant Stranger's advice sounds good, I think few people are responding here Dabnis_Brickey because it's such a difficult, distressing situation you face. All I can suggest, besides trying all eating and health panaceas you find on YouTube, is to pray and trust the Lord for strength and healing. I'll do the same for you.

I have a heart condition where my heart pretty thick and scarred up. While most people live a normal life with this, the people who don't need pretty serious medical interventions that don't always with. The new med they have for this condition just released but it's like 80k per month. So far I'm on shitty meds to help the load on my heart and I just got a defibrillator installed on my body.

Honestly, I could live with the heart stuff. I kinda know what's going on with it and what's likely to happen.

The shitty part is that I had a TIA last summer. No lasting damage but they found that I also had a silent stroke some time in the past. TIAs are usually warning shots. I believe the number is 1/3 of people have a stroke within a year of a TIA. I feel like I'm on that list.

They hadn't found the source of the TIA so all I can really do is try to live healthier. The fact that my aunt just had a stroke that has paralyzed her left side makes me even more afraid.

I'm supposed to be happy right now. I have a newborn at home. All I can think of is not being there for him growing up. Or being a burden on my family. I cry at night, apologizing to him

I hate this.
I'm so sorry to hear this,I'm praying for you,you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back