Many issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insecure

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a 53 years old male.
I recently started seeing a psychologist again.
I already did that some 20 years ago, but I was unable to solve the issues I have.
I think I have many issues, but the end result is that my life is very empty and lonely.
Now with the issues I have, I don't know in which sub forum to really post.
I think I have been in a depression for a long time now, I feel I have issues being really social, I feel insecure about my sexual preferences, relations is of course an issue, and self-esteem is low, so it seems to fall in every category.

Welcome to the forum, hope you find what you're looking for here. This is a good place to find people who at least share in your suffering. Some might even have some good advice.

Thank you, Finished.
I hope I can, because for me it is a lot easier to talk about my issues than to really solve them, I tend to hide for them.

Hi,

I'm a 53 years old male.
I already did that some 20 years ago, but I was unable to solve the issues I have.
I think I have many issues, but the end result is that my life is very empty and lonely.
I think I have been in a depression for a long time now, I feel I have issues being really social, I feel insecure about my sexual preferences, relations is of course an issue, and self-esteem is low, so it seems to fall in every category.
It's sad how some people with unresolved underlining issues continue their lives just "coping". It's like years go by without truly living or experiencing. Hope it's something that improves for you.

Welcome to the site.

I'm 66....your depression comes from looking back too often !
Get into some hobbies & look forward to NEW joys.

I'm 66....your depression comes from looking back too often !
Get into some hobbies & look forward to NEW joys.
I don't agree, maybe this goes for you, but like I said before, when I was 12 or 13 I wasn't happy either.
It is not just some subjective feeling that I grew afterwards caused by looking back.

As to my hobbies, over the years I learned 2 extra languages, and in the last 2 years, I started baking all kinds of bread.
I certainly enjoyed that, but what hobbies can do for me is that they allow me to hide.
I will go to classes, study that language very thoroughly, put all my free time into it, get very high grades, etc.
That does not take away the feeling of not living though, because after that I am still living alone.
I'll just be the lonely guy who now speaks 2 more languages, while many others will not have that skill, but they'll be loved by their wife/girlfriend/etc.
It will make me feel numbed for years on end, and then for some reason I will meet some people, see how they get into a relationship, and that will make me feel horrible because it reminds me of my own inabilities and loneliness.
So new hobbies are dangerous to me, they just make me forget/ignore my problems instead of solving them.
That corresponds a bit with what 9006 says about just "coping".
And yes, I am proud of speaking several languages, but I would gladly swap any one of them for the language of love.

Hi,

I'm a 53 years old male.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope it goes well with your therapist. I am sincerely interested if you find the root cause of your issues... and hopefully solutions 🙂

Latest posts

Back