Married and Lonely seeking friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst thing in life isn't to end up all alone. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone. You shouldn't have to beg for things that should be freely given to you like love and affection. Resentment develops when you repeatedly feel unheard, dismissed or feel that your spouse puts other interests ahead of you and the marriage.

Research suggests 60% of people that suffer from loneliness are actually living with their spouse. It might hurt to walk away but that will never compare to the pain of staying. Don't let the fear of being alone keep you in a relationship where you are alone.

You need to decide. Is this the life you want to live?. Is this the person you want to love?. Is this the best you can be?. Can you be stronger? kinder? more compassionate?. Decide, breathe in, breathe out and decide.
Thank you!

Thank you! I would never cheat on my wife. I love her and we have a good life except for the conversation. I usually go for walks or coffee with friends, but her silence when I tried to talk to her about my family sent me into a Deep depression. We went to a birthday party yesterday, and many friends I had not seen since pre covid were warm, friendly and interested in talking to me so I am feeling better. I usually do the things you suggested I do. Thanks again.
Glad you're feeling better.
How do you feel about therapy? Would she be open to going as a couple? If not, even going alone could be helpful.

Latest posts

Back