Maybe I am a lesbian now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion:

So in all honesty I know i’m not a lesbian but I think I have to be. Men just arent the men of yesterday and thats okay, but its time for me to accept that they are just not my type anymore.

I think it’s time to try my best to consider being with women. I dont know how im gonna do it, I just dont think the lifestyle is for me. But what choice do I have? I need to accept I am not attracted to men, I have tried my best to be straight and it just doesn't work.

What can a woman offer me what can I offer her? No clue! But maybe just maybe we can bring each other joy. I wasnt expecting to be so popular on a lesbian dating site but eh it seems like I am. So thats one hurdle jumped.

It’s new, something i’ve never ever tried, im nervous about it… I dont even know if im religiously okay with this but I will take my time with god on this one.

Anywho i’ll let you know if the next love of my life is a woman… imagine that… ✨

My ex tried this. I loosely call her that, because she was my first gf and we're still distant friends. Just, she never really got over me, and tbh, I created the distance because she asked me to marry her more than 11 times over the course of 8 years.

The thing is, that as adults, we want different things out of life.
She wants a settled down family with her 2 or 3 kids, and I'm content to continue to continue living my own lifestyle on my own terms.

So after guy after guy she couldn't find a man that could make it work how she wanted it to work. Some of them had more money than I'll ever see in a lifetime, but were also ******** she didn't want to deal with, others had their own kids and were nurturing fathers, but also that didn't work.

So I go and see her after she got out of having thyroid surgery one day, and she tells me she's done with men, and she's only looking to be with women now, and she's planning on moving out of state to pursue her career in health insurance management and going to live with a woman she met online out of state.

So I was like, okay. You do you. Whatever makes you happy. (y)

My ex tried this. I loosely call her that, because she was my first gf and we're still distant friends. Just, she never really got over me, and tbh, I created the distance because she asked me to marry her more than 11 times over the course of 8 years.

The thing is, that as adults, we want different things out of life.
She wants a settled down family with her 2 or 3 kids, and I'm content to continue to continue living my own lifestyle on my own terms.

So after guy after guy she couldn't find a man that could make it work how she wanted it to work. Some of them had more money than I'll ever see in a lifetime, but were also ******** she didn't want to deal with, others had their own kids and were nurturing fathers, but also that didn't work.

So I go and see her after she got out of having thyroid surgery one day, and she tells me she's done with men, and she's only looking to be with women now, and she's planning on moving out of state to pursue her career in health insurance management and going to live with a woman she met online out of state.

So I was like, okay. You do you. Whatever makes you happy. (y)
Thats so interesting, she asked you to marry her 👀 whattt lol just unheard of to me.

Yeah its not even finding a guy that wants what I want is the issue for me its simple attraction im just utterly not attracted to men at all its like im forcing myself to like something I dont. Its exhausting Apexie 🙃

Thats so interesting, she asked you to marry her 👀 whattt lol just unheard of to me.

Yeah its not even finding a guy that wants what I want is the issue for me its simple attraction im just utterly not attracted to men at all its like im forcing myself to like something I dont. Its exhausting Apexie 🙃

It's complicated. Basically, the guy she started seeing after me got her pregnant with her first born. So she was a young mother. She's a great mother. Just, she ended up in over her head in the transition period between being a teen and growing into adulthood.

Nobody should be with anybody they're not attracted to. So, I hope you find a woman that you're attracted to. :)

It's complicated. Basically, the guy she started seeing after me got her pregnant with her first born. So she was a young mother. She's a great mother. Just, she ended up in over her head in the transition period between being a teen and growing into adulthood.

Nobody should be with anybody they're not attracted to. So, I hope you find a woman that you're attracted to. :)
Awh noo yeah its hard for single mums, can be sooo tough. Ugh trust me the only woman im attracted to is myself 😅 but im hoping I can learn to expand that to other women, if I cant then back to the drawing board ✨ thanks apexiee 😇

Unpopular opinion:

So in all honesty I know i’m not a lesbian but I think I have to be. Men just arent the men of yesterday and thats okay, but its time for me to accept that they are just not my type anymore.

I think it’s time to try my best to consider being with women. I dont know how im gonna do it, I just dont think the lifestyle is for me. But what choice do I have? I need to accept I am not attracted to men, I have tried my best to be straight and it just doesn't work.

What can a woman offer me what can I offer her? No clue! But maybe just maybe we can bring each other joy. I wasnt expecting to be so popular on a lesbian dating site but eh it seems like I am. So thats one hurdle jumped.

It’s new, something i’ve never ever tried, im nervous about it… I dont even know if im religiously okay with this but I will take my time with god on this one.

Anywho i’ll let you know if the next love of my life is a woman… imagine that… ✨

I don't think you can choose to be a lesbian - I think it's the way we're wired at birth. I don't think a person can choose to be straight, gay, or anything else. Just like you can't force attraction to an individual person, I don't think you can force your orientation either.

That would be like saying, I haven't met any women that I'm physically attracted to or find interesting, so I guess I'm going to try to be gay. It doesn't work like that.

I think that part of the problem is, kind of like we were saying on the other thread - the kind of guy who has the qualities you like, is also probably going to have some negative qualities too, because they are more likely to be the kind of person who sees life as a series of power games, has a transactional attitude towards life, and would get possessive of you. They would think, "I pay for this and that, therefore you owe me" - rather than making a genuine connection. I'm not saying they're ALL like this, but I'm saying, it's probably more likely than not.

It doesn't sound like you really are - or want to be - attracted to women. I think you've just had some bad experiences with the wrong men. Rather than trying to force attraction to women, I think it might be better to just take time off from dating and men for a while, to try to reset, get your mind clear. Then when you feel better, maybe try again.

Last edited:
I've said this to you before Princess, you're looking for someone like you father and all the love, reassurance, safety and security he gave you. Its a very big ask and, maybe because of the pedestal you keep your dad on, more than likely a fruitless quest.

As to how I view lesbian relationships .... apparently 'in HD' isn't the right answer 😇 🤷‍♂️

You say you aren't attracted to men, but are you attracted to women? Maybe you just haven't found the man for you yet.
Im not attracted to men at all anymore like its becoming a problem, I almost feel repulsed by them sometimes 🙃 like I dont want them to touch me.

I don't think you can choose to be a lesbian - I think it's the way we're wired at birth. I don't think a person can choose to be straight, gay, or anything else. Just like you can't force attraction to an individual person, I don't think you can force your orientation either.

That would be like saying, I haven't met any women that I'm physically attracted to or find interesting, so I guess I'm going to try to be gay. It doesn't work like that.

I think that part of the problem is, kind of like we were saying on the other thread - the kind of guy who has the qualities you like, is also probably going to have some negative qualities too, because they are more likely to be the kind of person who sees life as a series of power games, has a transactional attitude towards life, and would get possessive of you. They would think, "I pay for this and that, therefore you owe me" - rather than making a genuine connection. I'm not saying they're ALL like this, but I'm saying, it's probably more likely than not.

It doesn't sound like you really are - or want to be - attracted to women. I think you've just had some bad experiences with the wrong men. Rather than trying to force attraction to women, I think it might be better to just take time off from dating and men for a while, to try to reset, get your mind clear. Then when you feel better, maybe try again.
I dont know Ska maybe I can convince myself, its difficult but I have to be attracted to someone… like surely this is driving me crazy.

But you are right I attract possessive men, maybe even deep down I like possessive men I like to feel wanted and like I belong to someone but its a quick transition from that to abuse sometimes

I've said this to you before Princess, you're looking for someone like you father and all the love, reassurance, safety and security he gave you. Its a very big ask and, maybe because of the pedestal you keep your dad on, more than likely a fruitless quest.

As to how I view lesbian relationships .... apparently 'in HD' isn't the right answer 😇 🤷‍♂️
You are so right RandomGuy No man will ever measure up to the idea of what a man should be that my dad put in my brain. Its just a different league, a total protector provider an actual proud man and I think deep down i’ll never be happy with any man in this awful world… maybe 60 years ago but today… im better off making myself a lesbian, as hard as it’ll be

Maybe you just need a really decent person to come into your life, male or female. I don't know what the answer to that is, there's certainly a fair amount of jackasses in both realms. But I believe you will find what you're looking for. And you might as well as some adventures along the way.

Maybe you just need a really decent person to come into your life, male or female. I don't know what the answer to that is, there's certainly a fair amount of jackasses in both realms. But I believe you will find what you're looking for. And you might as well as some adventures along the way.
this is what I was thinking, just someone nice who brings me joyyy 😇

People these days seem to change their sexual/gender preferences about as often as they change their clothes.
Wow are you able to do that? Its taking internal talks with myself like hey this is for the best

Im not attracted to men at all anymore like its becoming a problem, I almost feel repulsed by them sometimes 🙃 like I dont want them to touch me.
But are you or have you ever been attracted to women?

It might simply be that need to figure out who you are alone, to learn to be okay alone. Maybe you'll discover something about yourself that will change your life for the better.

But are you or have you ever been attracted to women?

It might simply be that need to figure out who you are alone, to learn to be okay alone. Maybe you'll discover something about yourself that will change your life for the better.
Nah I honestly haven't in a romantic way, truthfully Callie, I think i'm young and I might as well do things that make me uncomfortable because I am not sure how else to learn about who on earth I am lol I feel like I have no clue who I am and how to find out, maybe I need a Sweat Lodge or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back