Meaningful Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
……. if I had a reason to live a life that was a great and wonderful life……..
You may have worded this inaccurately or I’m interpreting it inaccurately, but just living your life in a way that is meaningful to you will make it great and wonderful. But I agree that a reason is required, (for anything that requires motivation) and that could be as simple as saying to yourself, “I’m here and alive, now let’s see what I can make of it” to all the major goals people have in life as far as riches and fame and power are concerned. Little things make life meaningful; helping others, enjoying nature, sharing moments with another, inventing things, whatever warms your heart and pleasures the soul. Anything that gives you a feeling of satisfaction really. Because it doesn’t necessarily have to have anything to do with another person, just the sense that you as a living being have lived and carried your being from birth to death in such a way that you feel like you’ve done your part, for yourself and/or others.

You may have worded this inaccurately or I’m interpreting it inaccurately, but just living your life in a way that is meaningful to you will make it great and wonderful. But I agree that a reason is required, (for anything that requires motivation) and that could be as simple as saying to yourself, “I’m here and alive, now let’s see what I can make of it” to all the major goals people have in life as far as riches and fame and power are concerned. Little things make life meaningful; helping others, enjoying nature, sharing moments with another, inventing things, whatever warms your heart and pleasures the soul. Anything that gives you a feeling of satisfaction really. Because it doesn’t necessarily have to have anything to do with another person, just the sense that you as a living being have lived and carried your being from birth to death in such a way that you feel like you’ve done your part, for yourself and/or others.
I love this,okidoke,this is so true

I honestly don't know what a meaningful life is,I mean yes I do know what it is,but I don't know how to live a meaningful life,now if I had a reason to live a life that was a great and wonderful life,then yes I would have a great life then.
I have a reason to live, but it doesn't make my life meaningful, just a reason why I'd better not die right now.
And my life used to be more meaningful when I had no reason to live.
Maybe a reason to live is not enough(at least for me) or maybe I just was younger.

I have a reason to live, but it doesn't make my life meaningful, just a reason why I'd better not die right now.
And my life used to be more meaningful when I had no reason to live.
Maybe a reason to live is not enough(at least for me) or maybe I just was younger.
I think one requires a reason, however vague, to do anything, otherwise what's the point? Unless you're an automaton. When you find a valid reason for anything, it can be a great motivator.

I'm nihilist, life is pointless to me.
What keeps you going then? Why does life have to have a point? I see it as something that was given to your soul, being, whatever you want to call it, and now that you have it, you can choose to make the most or least of it as you wish. It's like if someone handed you a completely amazing birthday present; you have a range of choices from rejecting it to doing something wonderful with it, but it was given to you and so how you choose to utilise it is up to you.

Some days it's harder to find an actual meaning to life. Some days, you just go on living it. You hope that tomorrow it gets better.
It's all we got, right? Personal and religious beliefs notwithstanding, I don't know that there is something after this beyond non-existence, so best to try and make the most of what you got. Which is this.

Some days it's harder to find an actual meaning to life. Some days, you just go on living it. You hope that tomorrow it gets better.
It's all we got, right? Personal and religious beliefs notwithstanding, I don't know that there is something after this beyond non-existence, so best to try and make the most of what you got. Which is this.
You’re right. Like what I’m saying; don’t worry about trying to find the meaning of life, just make your life meaningful. Enjoy what’s on offer, help others, be creative, do positive things, stuff like that.

Latest posts

Back