Meetup.com?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeek

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the meetup.com site for meeting people and found any success?

When I look at the groups and the pictures of the activities the people look like a bunch of misfits who don't know what to say to each other lol. Nothing like going out to try to meet people and feeling worse.... :(

Zeek said:
Has anyone tried the meetup.com site for meeting people and found any success?

When I look at the groups and the pictures of the activities the people look like a bunch of misfits who don't know what to say to each other lol. Nothing like going out to try to meet people and feeling worse.... :(

I might check it out mate. Is it like a chat room?

Ya I've done a lot of stuff with meetup it's not a chat room basically you organize a hangout with people of similar interests to hang out and like play sports or go to a movie together
I've been part of a local hiking group since 09
It's pretty cool at first like many people my main concern was meeting strangers from the Internet in the middle of the woods but we shod remember that serial killers actually make up a small percentage of the population so you really don't have to worry too much about that
Most of the people in the group I'm in are more middle age Orin their 30s some getting close to 60 but I've never hada problem getting along with grown ups or older people
So I've gone on a couple hikes with them I've also gone camping kayaking and even spluenking
That was awesome and so much fun I even went on a 4 day backpacking trip with the group over spring break it was great, it was my first time backpacking but everyone was nice and very helpful there were a few people in their late 20s so they were closer to my age, it was fun and we all had fun things to talk about and got along ok
You should defiantly check it out. I actually found out about the group here on the forum when someone started a similar thread :)

evanescencefan91 said:
Ya I've done a lot of stuff with meetup it's not a chat room basically you organize a hangout with people of similar interests to hang out and like play sports or go to a movie together
I've been part of a local hiking group since 09
It's pretty cool at first like many people my main concern was meeting strangers from the Internet in the middle of the woods but we shod remember that serial killers actually make up a small percentage of the population so you really don't have to worry too much about that
Most of the people in the group I'm in are more middle age Orin their 30s some getting close to 60 but I've never hada problem getting along with grown ups or older people
So I've gone on a couple hikes with them I've also gone camping kayaking andeven seunong
That was awesome and so much fun I even went on a 4 day backpacking trip with the group over spring break it was great, it was my first time backpacking but everyone was nice and very helpful there were a few people in their late 20s so they were closer to my age, it was fun and we all had fun things to talk about and got along ok
You should defiantly check it out. I actually found out about the group here on the forum when someone started a similar thread :)

Sorry, I thought that was kinda funny as it brought up the image of a hikers meetup group in the woods losing its members one by one... :D

Can't say I've tried it myself, but I have done a few couchsurfing meetings, which is basically the same thing. It can be alot of fun, but it can be pretty boring; I guess you need to be lucky on who else joined up ;)

You gotta start with the misfits, no? It would be unfair to do your development piggybacking on normal people.

I've enjoyed it.

I used it to find a group of like-minded people and it's opening a whole new door in my life. And there's another group I want to look in to also, that goes around hiking and mountain biking and just generally doing fun things. They seem pretty laid back.

You're guaranteed to meet a variety of people depending on the group. You'll maybe meet misfits, people who just moved to a new place, people who haven't fit in. But are we any different? Should we shun them for it when they are perfectly fine company? You'll also meet normal people.

It depends what you go to. I found a group for Heathens/Asatruar. On the surface they're a bit quirky, but such is life when you are not part of the status quo.

Remember Einstein: "Great spirits have always faced tremendous opposition from mediocre minds." It's completely true. Look around you. Doubtless most of the people here have questioned society, or their government, or the way the world is being herded. What do you see around you in comparison?

Do you want to be a part of it?

Would be nice, except for the fact that there is pretty much NOTHING in my area. lol

It sort feels awkward inviting myself into a small group like that. Might give it a try later on this summer.

MrBurns said:
Just been on and all there is in my area is a male naturism group that has over 300 members. :(

Worrying.

Uhm. Yeah. I don't recommended you join that.

I just looked and the first result in my area was a group for foot lovers promising to "indulge in some feet fun if mutually agreed."

..ok..

DaveIsLonely said:
I just looked and the first result in my area was a group for foot lovers promising to "indulge in some feet fun if mutually agreed."

..ok..

I don't know what's worse... the naked ppl chillin out together, or ppl chillin out with other ppl's feet!?

Latest posts

Back