Men with low testosterone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one should be "shamed" as to who they find attractive, but I have to say, sub5male raises an excellent point about males being "attacked" for not being willing to date overweight women. Even males in good shape. I remember seeing a Dr. Oz youtube clip where he kept saying that "all women are beautiful" and he would not use weight as a factor in making that determination. And he attacked his male guest on the show for doing so. You would think as a heart surgeon he would have at least discussed the medical dangers of obesity...but no...
Exactly-for example, when was the last time you saw an obese man on a magazine cover? Fat men in the media are always portrayed as slow witted & fools while fat women are supposedly stunning & brave. We won't even get into the male height bias of ridiculing short men which is rampent in western society.

This is the thing I dont think men should be shamed but I dont think women should be either, seems to sound like if men are shamed women should be too is the argument here rather than no one should be shamed which makes more sense.

Men who are short think they are better than people too, what are the statistics for women wanting to date that are in wheel chairs? I’ll give you a hint, if you looked them up you would see men prefer to be alone than give them a chance too 👀
But that is not the way the world works because it is socially acceptable to ridicule short men but anyone who mentions that they are not attracted to overweight women is cancelled for "fat shaming". In additon, obesity is the number one cause of health issues while a lack of height has zero health implications. In fact, short men tend to have longer life spans compared to taller men.

There are very few men or women in wheelchairs while the average women in the US is 5'4 & 170 LBS and only around 13% of men are over 6'. Similar to being short, being confined to a wheelchair is not the person's fault while being obese is almost always a lifestyle choice. Also, when a short man is confident acts "alpha" he is accused of being overcompensating for his lack of height-i.e. of having a Napolean complex. When a tall man has these exact same attributes he is considered a leader and is rewarded for his behavior.

I think that is exactly what that study/survey proved.
That men in the top 10-20% of desirability have multiple girlfriends.
Thus the 63% females in relationships vs only 36% of males.
That's exactly my point. Those "studies" are jaded and don't tell the whole truth. Yes, with the census and all that, you CAN see who is single and who is not, but WHY are they single and HOW is their relationships, etc etc. They don't tell an accurate picture of what's going on.

RC-I am going to choose to not respond to your posts as you appear not to be an honest interlocutor and seem to be more interested in squabbling than in productive conversation.
Yeah, I get it. I'm not agreeing with you, so I'm just a stupid woman who knows nothing, right? lol

That's exactly my point. Those "studies" are jaded and don't tell the whole truth. Yes, with the census and all that, you CAN see who is single and who is not, but WHY are they single and HOW is their relationships, etc etc. They don't tell an accurate picture of what's going on.

Yeah, I get it. I'm not agreeing with you, so I'm just a stupid woman who knows nothing, right? lol
My final words to you-my decision to not interact has nothing to do with any disagreement. You seem to focus on subjects which have nothing to do with the conversation, such as what I look like myself (though my user name should give a big clue), another person not being 1% of the population and your own intellegence level and sex. They are all straw men in regards to the obvious extreme double standard when it comes to the modern male & female dating pool and don't seem to offer anything but distraction from the orginal topic.

Best of luck to you.

My final words to you-my decision to not interact has nothing to do with any disagreement. You seem to focus on subjects which have nothing to do with the conversation, such as what I look like myself (though my user name should give a big clue), another person not being 1% of the population and your own intellegence level and sex. They are all straw men in regards to the obvious extreme double standard when it comes to the modern male & female dating pool and don't seem to offer anything but distraction from the orginal topic.

Best of luck to you.
Which is ironic, considering the ORIGINAL TOPIC is what has caused low testosterone....so, what you said has nothing to do with the original topic either. Every single one of your posts are off topic. lol

Thing is, I'm not sure what the solution is, unless you're willing to pay through the nose.

I don't think I'm lower than the average man of my times, but I'm aware that as I move into my 30s it will decrease naturally. Thing is, in the UK our healthcare system is so overstretched I can't see myself
A) Getting a doctor's appointment
B) Convincing the doctor that I'm low on testosterone
C) Badgering until they do a test
D) The NHS agreeing to pay for testosterone replacement

I'm aware there are illicit sites to buy it from, but I really don't want to go down that road. I pay my taxes, dammit, I just want a low dose of T every day.

That's exactly my point. Those "studies" are jaded and don't tell the whole truth.
My interpretation of the study, though, is that the men were not "cheating" per se, as the women almost certainly know he was other girlfriends but don't care because he is "high status" and someone they could brag about to their friends.

and only around 13% of men are over 6'...
Nothing for nothing...I'm 6'1" ad around 175/180 lbs. Have exercised and been "fit and trim" my entire adult life.
What's more, I have a STEM degree and have been making a comfortable 6 figure income since I was in my late 20s (for 30 years).
I have NEVER ONCE had a female I consider attractive show so much as a microgram of attraction towards me.
So being tall is not the key to the kingdom.
I don't know what is, but it's not that. I'm living proof.

as the women almost certainly know he was other girlfriends but don't care because he is "high status" and someone they could brag about to their friends.
Seriously? You honestly believe that women are okay with being cheated on, as long as the guy is hot enough? That is just beyond ridiculous.....

No one should be "shamed" as to who they find attractive, but I have to say, sub5male raises an excellent point about males being "attacked" for not being willing to date overweight women. Even males in good shape. I remember seeing a Dr. Oz youtube clip where he kept saying that "all women are beautiful" and he would not use weight as a factor in making that determination. And he attacked his male guest on the show for doing so. You would think as a heart surgeon he would have at least discussed the medical dangers of obesity...but no...
No I get it but the argument is wrong because im getting told I shouldnt be allowed to like men who are tall because men arent allowed to like women that are skinny, makes my head itch lol If you dont like something dont push it onto me 😅

If I was saying I agree with it fine throw the double standard in my face, but I dont 😇

But that is not the way the world works because it is socially acceptable to ridicule short men but anyone who mentions that they are not attracted to overweight women is cancelled for "fat shaming". In additon, obesity is the number one cause of health issues while a lack of height has zero health implications. In fact, short men tend to have longer life spans compared to taller men.

There are very few men or women in wheelchairs while the average women in the US is 5'4 & 170 LBS and only around 13% of men are over 6'. Similar to being short, being confined to a wheelchair is not the person's fault while being obese is almost always a lifestyle choice. Also, when a short man is confident acts "alpha" he is accused of being overcompensating for his lack of height-i.e. of having a Napolean complex. When a tall man has these exact same attributes he is considered a leader and is rewarded for his behavior.
My point is they wont date them statistically, women with Aspergers too theres always someone on a lower end of the dating spectrum and it isnt fair, but it is how it is.

As for man sharing, I really wouldnt mind no. I think its a natural position (when I look at every other culture) but as a Christian im engaged to a man who sees that behaviour as sin thus I shall be his only burden 😅

Thing is, I'm not sure what the solution is, unless you're willing to pay through the nose.

I don't think I'm lower than the average man of my times, but I'm aware that as I move into my 30s it will decrease naturally. Thing is, in the UK our healthcare system is so overstretched I can't see myself
A) Getting a doctor's appointment
B) Convincing the doctor that I'm low on testosterone
C) Badgering until they do a test
D) The NHS agreeing to pay for testosterone replacement

I'm aware there are illicit sites to buy it from, but I really don't want to go down that road. I pay my taxes, dammit, I just want a low dose of T every day.
This is on topic so have to respond lol this is true men who are deficient have to jump through hoops to even get evaluated. I think the good thing is you didnt say you didnt care as some men are saying, you men should care 😇

Seriously? You honestly believe that women are okay with being cheated on, as long as the guy is hot enough? That is just beyond ridiculous.....
No no they do, and brag about it to anyone that’ll listen. Gone are the days men have to hide their wedding rings or lie about being married it just doesnt matter now, statistically in under 25’s (which are the only women that the majority of men on ALL talk about lol) if they added the whole spectrum of women this wouldn't be true at all

I am saying that it is not cheating because they know it is happening.
Have you ever heard of the term "sidepiece"?
Many women are fine with this.
And I agree...it is ridiculous.

This is on topic so have to respond lol this is true men who are deficient have to jump through hoops to even get evaluated. I think the good thing is you didnt say you didnt care as some men are saying, you men should care 😇
I would say men who aren't obviously deficient have an even harder time. I'm not a 'big guy', but I'm very fit & healthy, with decent muscle tone. None of that screams 'deficient in testosterone' to an overworked doctor, even if I am lower than a man of previous years, even lower than myself 5 years ago, it's a hard sell to get them to sign off testosterone prescription.

No I get it but the argument is wrong because im getting told I shouldnt be allowed to like men who are tall
Not by me you haven't. :cool:

I am all about preferences.
And mine are quite narrow. So I would never criticize anyone else's.

I do, however, wish I lived in the pre 1960s world, where my status as a good provider and protector would override my lack of a square jawline and chiseled facial features.

I do, however, wish I lived in the pre 1960s world, where my status as a good provider and protector would override my lack of a square jawline and chiseled facial features.
I can understand that, I wish certain features I have wasnt a complete turn off to the subset of men I prefer but alas… 😅🙈

That's the issue though-almost all women are looking for the same very narrow category of men so the competition for them is tremendous-and this does not even take into account the fact that these top men have no reason to settle down with a single women when they are in such demand that they can have a different very attractive women ever week.

Meanwhile women consider the men who do not meet their extremely steep standards to be beneath them and unworthy of their affection. The recent study which showed that 63% of men are single while only 36% of women are single seems to corroborate this phenomena as they would rather share a top man than to settle for a "lesser" man who is not in the top 10%.
That's 63% of men in their 20s. Some of that is explained by women in their mid-late 20s dating guys in their 30s who are more financially stable and interested in settling down.

If you grew up in that era chances are you would have had to marry in your early-mid 20s. And you would still be married to an average looking middle aged woman in her mid 50s now, something you clearly don't want. Sure, there would have been older men marrying younger women (thinking of the movie Vertigo) but those pair ups would not have been the norm.

Not that I particularly care about judging you, but the Sexual Revolution, and specifically the legalization of sex work is the reason you can bypass all that and indulge in activities that would have been condemned decades past.

Last edited:
If you grew up in that era, chances are you would have had to marry in your early-mid 20s. And you would still be married to an average looking middle aged woman now in her mid 50s, something you clearly don't want. Sure, there would have been older men marrying younger women (thinking of the movie Vertigo) but those pair ups would still not have been the norm.

Not that I particularly care about judging you, but the Sexual Revolution, and specifically the legalization of sex work is the reason you can bypass all that and indulge in activities that would have been condemned decades past.
I agree with your analysis to a point.

Where I disagree is that I believe my standing as an above average earner prior to the sexual revolution would have gotten me an 8/10 or higher for a wife.

At least I think...anyway...

I agree with your analysis to a point.

Where I disagree is that I believe my standing as an above average earner prior to the sexual revolution would have gotten me an 8/10 or higher for a wife.

At least I think...anyway...
Recently I saw a woman I met at at music festival waaaay back in '97, sitting outside a bar. She was gorgeous back then, I must have fantasized about her endlessly in typical teenaged boy fashion. Well, you can't say the same now... She got visibly annoyed when I didn't go over and say hello, but I couldn't bring myself to.

You've no idea how someone will age. To get the non-paid equivalent of what you pay for now, you would have to be some top-tier Chad or the 1950s equivalent of a Hollywood star.

Because we missed out on our youth, we have turned into "creeps"; but if we didn't miss out then we'd be better adjusted and have a different attitude to aging. Of course we'd probably have families to focus on as well.

Last edited:
You've no idea how someone will age. To get the non-paid equivalent of what you pay for now, you would have to be some top tier chad or the 1950s equivalent of a Hollywood star.

Because we missed out on our youth, we have turned into "creeps."
You have no idea how much I appreciated the grounded nature of your comments here.
Keep up the good work, sir.

Latest posts

Back