Men's opinion: should I still wait for him?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do u know how he reacts to stress? Just curious. Some ppl avoid others while stressed. Im sorry he's treating you this way; it's probably not you.
Thank you. I know that he isolates himself when he is under stress, he goes into what he used to call his "hermit stage".

Is it possible some kind of bad fortunate has befallen this person, and they are unable to reply to you?

Or do you know for certain they are in good health, and just aren't responding?

If it's an issue of him just not replying back for unknown reasons and you are romantically interested... I'd say knock once, wait a bit, knock twice, wait a bit, and then knock a third and final time after a while; and if there is no reply, you'll just have to close that chapter. Maybe wait it out a few months or so.

There's not a lot of information for me to really make an informed decision.

I think the important question to ask yourself is. How long would I be willing to wait for a reply to come back? Would I be resentful if I waited a long time and finally did get a reply? Am I resentful right now?

It sounds like you'd be willing to sacrifice what was forming, if you could just go back to being friends, and I don't know for certain; but, I don't think that's the best way to think about things. I think, that I'd want my partner to BE my best friend, and there is always risk involved in stuff like that.

Anyway, I think that's the best I can come up with. A good friend, to me, is worth waiting for; but, nearing my 40's now, it seems, even long-standing friendships can fall out of favor, unexpectedly...

Love is all about timing, I think... Sometimes the timing works out, sometimes not..
Thank you very much. I don't feel resentful or angry at him. I am just surprised and very sad, I haven't expected this. All I can think of, in his defense, is that he said he was mildly depressed and unhappy in the new job and city. But still that doesn't explain to me this sudden disappearence. You are right, I also noticed that at this age we can't take our old friendships for granted anymore.

He is giving mixed signals.
Sounds like he's playing games, I'd personally cut him loose. I don't like or understand people who play games when it comes to affairs of the heart.

not a man....but my 2 cents for what it's worth.
Thank you. Never thought this shy and serious guy would be a player, but who knows, people do change with time.

Hopefully things got sorted out now, I'm sorry this has happened.

If I were to try and explain his behavior, I'd say he's feeling very down (down the bottom of the barrel) and physically can't reply because of his condition. I'd do that of I was heavily depressed (as I am)

sounds counterintuitive, but it's to not bother you with his depression

Latest posts

Back