My detailed anti-loneliness proposal on my personal website at: http://www.FoolQuest.com Let's talk it over seriously. Thanks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, something "completely different" I have to agree with....sadly, it's only because that has to be one of the WORST website designs I've seen and I've seen a lot of bad websites.

I really have no idea what the hell I was looking at because there is a massive overload of information and you have to scroll over to see the text. The only thing you have going for you is that I don't see anything about charging people for information.

Seriously, more subsections and better site design....please.

There should of course be scrolling down the page. I have no idea about scrolling over, whatever you mean by that. Do you possibly mean that there a scroll bar going right or left instead of up and down? Because I didn't put anything like that there.

Beyond that, you make no indication as regards the actual text, specifically what might truly be unclear to you, how so and why. It's as though you hardly even glanced at the very first section upon the nature of cogent critique at the top of the page. And I despair of your complaint of information overload, because I know how little I know, and how much more there is still to be learned and shared, in order to pursue any serious endeavor at all .Clearly, I barely reach the minimum depth of knowledge work entailed. But the best information filter, remains genuine interest. People just devour whatever seems to be of important concern for them.

Last edited:
Yes, there should be scrolling down the page, but one should not have to scroll for 50 years in order to reach the bottom. There are no subsections to be found, there are a honeysuckle ton of word links in different colors and size making the information nearly impossible to read. Perhaps you could visit virtually any other site on the internet and figure out what it's supposed to look like. Yours is low quality. Whether you want to hear it or not, it is. Very low quality.

It doesn't matter how much you know, but how you compile what you know. It's a big obnoxious wall of text as it sits now. It needs to be fixed if you want anyone to take you seriously or be able to read it.

That may be harsh, but it's true. Sorry.

So: All long pages are bad. Hyperlinks are also bad. And things are supposed to be such or other. Just, because. Actually though, BTW, there are indeed subsections.

Not "just because" because right now it reads like a rant about grammerly at the top and if you aren't there for that? People are lazy. If you don't have the subsection list easily positioned to see they won't look for it. I didn't bother scrolling after I had to keep moving the screen just to read left to right. Probably because it wasn't made for a phone.

Also get some buttons or a drop down menu.. all the hyperlinks, combined with the nonsensical rant will just make people assume you're trying to give them a virus.

Drop-down menu at the top, buttons to the top left. And wherever else you need them. Don't hyperlink EVERYTHING.

Look at other websites, read up on web design and what you can do with the various languages these days then say it's "just because".

I saw nothing about your amazing plan to fix loneliness. Must have been further down the page.

Browsing on a smart phone is like surfing the web through a periscope! Mia culpa, FoolQuest.com is not phone friendly. And FoolQuest.com is simply not for lazy short attention. And I just don't have the support I need for all the current features. My technology remains limited. I couldn't infect you with a virus if I tried!

So I got curious and copied the entire content of the homepage into my text-editing program and it said it was 114.127 words. Then I looked up how many words the average book/novel has and just picked the first result: https://www.masterclass.com/articles/word-count-guide. It said "If you’re writing your first novel, the general rule of thumb for novel writing is a word count in the 80,000 to 100,000 range."

This is just your homepage. A single page is a novel. I did click some of the hyperlinks and I know there are many more pages with no less information to be discovered. But you have essentially created a library's worth of content and I don't know how anyone here could give you a proper feedback without dedicating their life to your project. You are right, we shouldn't get bogged down in the technology and the bad optics. But you see, there are publishers and editors who get paid to review this kind of content over the course of weeks and months.

PS: Once you strip all the "style" from it, it is actually readable like a book and hyperlinks could be replaced with footnotes that are numbered and in a separate section, perhaps it could all be linked together with a kind of glossary. I'm just afraid that the content hiding behind the hyperlinks of the first page already creates another 5-10 novels worth of content.

Browsing on a smart phone is like surfing the web through a periscope! Mia culpa, FoolQuest.com is not phone friendly. And FoolQuest.com is simply not for lazy short attention. And I just don't have the support I need for all the current features. My technology remains limited. I couldn't infect you with a virus if I tried!
Sorry dude, but it's not desktop friendly either. I would suggest hiring someone to help you out if you don't have the knowledge to do it yourself.

Rodent: : 114.127 words, and you haven't read one of them! "But you see, there are publishers and editors who get paid to review this kind of content over the course of weeks and months." You are arguing my point, Rodent. If you hesitate to dedicate too much just to engage critically with FoolQuest.com, then let's even start with a paragraph or two.

Something completely different, I promise: My detailed anti-loneliness proposal on my personal website at: http://www.FoolQuest.com Let's talk it over seriously. Thanks.
After clicking the link my first thought is “a kid made this”. If you *are* a kid then… great work! Keep at it. Keep learning. You’ll get there. If you’re not, don’t give up your day job.

Rodent: : 114.127 words, and you haven't read one of them! "But you see, there are publishers and editors who get paid to review this kind of content over the course of weeks and months." You are arguing my point, Rodent. If you hesitate to dedicate too much just to engage critically with FoolQuest.com, then let's even start with a paragraph or two.

I actually did read the intro and some of the following paragraphs before I decided to do the word count. I realized that the moment I start discussing this, it will never end and I will get lost in the weeds - I'm afraid it just isn't worth my time. I'm not an editor or a publisher - in fact, I am a media designer by trade and yet I was the one that deliberately ignored the design flaws to give you a heads-up about the potential futility of your quest to get serious feedback here.

Given all the comments here, I was honestly curious. The website is more or less what I'd expect from what I've read.

But let's not talk about the form, and talk about the content: there is close to none. And for all the references to collaborative ventures and subversion... that very same website shows the exact opposite. It also is not to the point, stating the same concepts over and over. I don't know if the only point is to be subversive through being deliberately annoying to read and navigate.

Funny that you claim in your text to seek substantive conversation yet proceed to produce that wall of text. To be honest I'd direct you to the server chat room where you can find many people to interact with in real time, even, and where you can share your views one at a time and have open discussion about them.

The way this reads instead is basically the opposite as what you'd have liked: you deliberately shut off most opportunities of engagement with your ideas. I really hope you're serious about it and the only purpose is not to observe people's reactions on places such as this forum and I will give you the benefit of doubt.

Also I respectfully disagree with the idea that essentially nothing is "fixable" and the only solution is "serious collaborative fiction writing and brainstorming" (I'm quoting you, here). I disagree with several other sections. You also generalize a lot.

Also are you sure what you really want isn't just other people writing stuff and doing "feasibility studies toward new venture creation" in your place?

Also I know I said I wouldn't talk about form, but I really recommend against word "obscurity" and archaic language... to be a good communicator implies first of all to understand your audience, and then to cater your language to it. And in general to make the concept you are trying to convey as clear and accessible as possible.

I've read about one third of what you've written and no one can give me that time back. If you want some advice, you really should put yourself in the reader's shoes.

I went out of my way and have written all of this in the hope that, as you say, you are open and receptive to criticism and can understand what at least some people, such as me, may think when presented with what you have written.

Last thing, if you'd like to discuss concepts and ideas with others, that's exactly what forums are for :) Just create a thread for each and, as you yourself suggest to us, engage with the community. If you don't like small talk, you can ignore such threads.

EDIT: You'd have made a much better impression by linking directly your forum (which is accessible from your website's sidebar) although I'm still not interested, personally.

Last edited:
First of all, sorry for the delay in response.

Bravo, Wayfarer! You denounce the content of FoolQuest.com in a way that would not indicate to any third party reading your post, anything about what that content might consist of. You even claim that there is repetition of the same concept and no content. "you deliberately shut off most opportunities of engagement with your ideas" Indeed? Precisely how would I actually do that, even if I actually tried? This remains vague.

You claim that there is no substance to my text, and yet, as you report, you disagree with me on several points. That seems contradictory. Can several points actually fail to constitute substance? I might be curious to understand whatever your disagreements.

"I respectfully disagree with the idea that essentially nothing is "fixable" and the only solution is "serious collaborative fiction writing and brainstorming"" not to mention innovative new venture creation that you forget to mention. Not to mention any further qualifications advanced. Be all that as it may. And by the nothing that is fixable, I take it that you mean the social rat-race. Indeed, I would hardly be the first to allege systemic problems, aside from just individual shortcomings. Might any of that be deemed at all important and worthy of any further discourse?

Last edited:
First of all, sorry for the delay in response.

Bravo, Wayfarer! You denounce the content of FoolQuest.com in a way that would not indicate to any third party reading your post, anything about what that content might consist of. You even claim that there is repetition of the same concept and no content. "you deliberately shut off most opportunities of engagement with your ideas" Indeed? Precisely how would I actually do that, even if I actually tried? This remains vague.

You claim that there is no substance to my text, and yet, as you report, you disagree with me on several points. That seems contradictory. Can several points actually fail to constitute substance? I might be curious to understand whatever your disagreements.

"I respectfully disagree with the idea that essentially nothing is "fixable" and the only solution is "serious collaborative fiction writing and brainstorming"" not to mention innovative new venture creation that you forget to mention. Not to mention any further qualifications advanced. Be all that as it may. And by the nothing that is fixable, I take it that you mean the social rat-race. Indeed, I would hardly be the first to allege systemic problems, aside from just individual shortcomings. Might any of that be deemed at all important and worthy of any further discourse?

I have your site saved and bookmarked for further reading.

I haven't clicked on any links yet. I'm curious about them (why some words? Why not other words?), but I'm more impressed with the sheer number of links throughout, and how much time and work that may have taken you.

Also, I'm intrigued because of the use of certain words and phrases that I have not seen in many years. It's refreshing to me! Even if a bit argumentative, I still enjoy seeing a more formal and verbose style of English -- it actually makes me nostalgic. It warms my heart and makes me laugh, even when it's a bit insulting. So I saved it and will read it (maybe often) -- with respect! -- for that reason.

As for deeper meanings, I don't know yet. There are a few points concerning social media and social engineering that I agree with, but I haven't read deeply enough or followed links -- so do I know what I'm agreeing with yet? Not sure... Given time.

Any progress, nerdgirl?

for my part, think its an amazing website and will go through it all mainly for entertainment, perplexed and puzzle solving. I figure you know Tvtropes? Hyperlinks are amazing, and theyre even better when they are abstract concepts being hyperlinked through a mind's personal analysis and synthesis, rather than defintions and facts like wiki (not that wiki isnt GREAT.) Anyway, thanks for the effort of making the website, its appreciated=)

You'll pry my FrontPage license out of my cold dead hands! But seriously, I simply don't have the support I need to migrate into anything more current.

Latest posts

Back