My Story of Loneliness.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vng2015

Reaction score
I am 53 yo male. I weigh 157 kg. I have Moderate Autism and Moderate Depression. Thank G-d and my parents, I am provided for.

Even though I am heterosexual, I never had or looked for a girlfriend or a romantic partner. Given my weight and Autism I never thought about trying. I do not blame women for my loneliness. I am very interested in men's issues, which most women find offensive, thus I will not elaborate here.

One of my best memories of college years is having a lot of male friends. I talked to them a lot. In High School, I was a class clown. In College we discussed serious political and social stuff. I was not very much into studying. Since graduating in early 2000s, I lost all my former friends and became very lonely.

I started looking for telephone friends of similar socioeconomic status. At that time Zoom and similar programs did not exist. I thought it would be easy to find many similar people of low social status to talk to. Any friendship or support group should be beneficial to all participants.

Paradoxically, even finding online non-romantic friends turned out to be extremely difficult. Over two decades, I had about six telephone friends. I had a few conversations with each of them, but they did not grow into long-term friendships.

Over the years, I have put much effort into finding long-distance friends, but with almost no success. I had a separate 1-800 number for which I paid $10 per month for several years. A few times I have used a service called Rent a friend. On several forums, announcing a virtual meeting is permissible -- yet no one came to my meetings.

I do not know what to say, but I would like to hear from others in a similar situation.

Yeah you really gotta have a click with someone, but even those that i did with i abandoned. I moved around a lot when i was young, and im just so used to losing people that i hardly ever put any effort in. I think i always have this feeling in the back of my mind of like whats the point if youre gonna lose everyone in the end anyway. I think its a very unrealistic mindset, but for me, well that was my reality.

Whats your work environment like? At my last job i had decent contact with some people around there, like id spend time going to movies with some of em, or got invited to dinner or birthday parties. And im super distant to everyone, but it just happened naturally. Hell even got invited to a wedding once, but i got along really well with that guy.
But yeah like if you know someone you work with and share intrests ask em out, doesnt matter if its a guy or girl, if you get along theyll likely consider it, and if you get along well enough bonds might grow, if youre not super distant like me that is :cautious:

I just checked out Rent a Friend; who knew that was a thing? I saw a movie by that name a long time ago. I am not good at meeting people and have given up. I wish you the best of luck.

I just checked out Rent a Friend; who knew that was a thing? I saw a movie by that name a long time ago. I am not good at meeting people and have given up. I wish you the best of luck.
Best of luck to you!

Yeah you really gotta have a click with someone, but even those that i did with i abandoned. I moved around a lot when i was young, and im just so used to losing people that i hardly ever put any effort in. I think i always have this feeling in the back of my mind of like whats the point if youre gonna lose everyone in the end anyway. I think its a very unrealistic mindset, but for me, well that was my reality.
I am a housekeeper -- I live with my parents.

I'd say you're better off without them. When my real life friends were gone so were my troubles. Maybe what we all need are good, reliable real life friends. But, how the hell do you find and keep one of those? It hard enough finding real life jerks to call friends.

I'd say you're better off without them. When my real life friends were gone so were my troubles. Maybe what we all need are good, reliable real life friends. But, how the hell do you find and keep one of those? It hard enough finding real life jerks to call friends.
Paradoxically, I am very very talkative -- I like talking to people.

I feel exactly the same about it lol. Like why even bother if its gonna be like that. So many people i knew were actively out to hurt me or others for personal gain or fun.
Thats exactly the reason i withdrew from social life a few years ago. Im carefully starting to open up again though, but very slowly.

Latest posts

Back