Name a Time Where You Got Lost

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanillaCreme

Reaction score
When I was little, after learning how to just barely walk, my mom took us to the K-Mart to go shopping. Well, I thought it would be a good idea in my little mind to go wondering off. I don't remember where they found me, but my mom told me she was so panicked when she realized I wasn't by her side.

Funny thing is, my brother also wondered off in the same K-Mart when he was maybe 2 or 3. An older lady found him in the ladies' shoe section.

Tell us a time where you got lost. It doesn't have to be when you were young. It could have been a week ago when you were trying to find a place.

yeah...when i pop out of the womb.
Doctor slapp me and said...welcome to earth!

I was like...fresia, not again!!!
whatever the fresia it is.... i did to Sassy in the last life time
must had hurted her a lot a lot....But i can't remember.
I have a funnie feeling deep inside...she aint through with me yet.
Cuz Im still mother fucken alive and she still hates my guts.lmAo

Don't ask me why, but now I have this song stuck in my head...thanks Nilla.
[video=youtube]

Um, I don't know if anything happened when I was little. The only time I can remember is when we were back visiting my in-laws and we took a drive just to drive after visiting a family friend. Instead of going back toward where his dad lived (north) we ended up accidentally leaving PA and going into Maryland (south).

I can't remember ever being lost, I'm a stickler for directions and maps when going someplace different. I know there were a few times we wandered away from our mom when we were kids. My brother and I would sometimes go off in different directions, our poor mom. Funny thing, one of us would always know where the other one was. Our mom would find one of us and drag us along to find the other.

I occasionally got lost in my mam's womb.

Couldn't find the bar sometimes.

ahhh yes, wandering off to look at something interesting. Leads to many lost experiences. :D

I was visiting 'Merica on my own last September and I was in Arches National Park. I was up at the furthest point as the sun was starting to set. Unfortunately the way down wasn't very well marked and I got lost a few times. Of course, all around me were steep cliff faces and deep gorges... I remember thinking that if I fell down one of those in the dark I would probably actually die and no one would ever find the body. I eventually found the trail again, and managed to make it back after about two and a half hours, by which time it was full night. Thankfully there were no clouds so there was just enough light to walk by.

Recently at the local hospital. A few months ago I was there doing some photography for work and... the place is frickin' massive, corridors and hallways everywhere, it felt like a **** maze. If I wasn't with my guide (a lady who worked at the hospital) I wouldn't have got my work done! :p

Well, the last time I got lost, let's see.

I often walk the woods to the back of my house, and there is a path that leads straight to the highway 101. I have walked it planty of times, and even in the daytime. Part of the path, you walk down where there is rocks (like it was a brook) and it leads to a river which you cross. Somehow, I missed that, and got on the wrong path, so when I goto the river, I didn't see the path continuing on the other side. After a little while, I was a little worried, I couldn't find my way back, I tried to back track. I was like no way am I getting lost in the woods.

This path is barely used at all. Occasionally, ATV's use the path, but very rarely. The last thing I wanted to do was call someone (I think I had a phone with me) or be stranded until morning until someone comes and finds me. I was in the back of my neighbours houses which wasn't too far. I couldn't see them, and I was nude (I'm a Naturist and spend most my time nude).

I did eventually find my way back, after like 40 minutes.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Another time I got lost (I don't get lost often), was when I was hiking at night another time. I hike at night, becuase I can't hike nude during the day without being seen.

Anyway, remember I said the path behind m house leads to the highway 101? Well, on the otherside of the highway, is an old dirt road, a service road. Cars can't get in there (unfortunatel, they are making it a road now, becuase I see the contruction crew made a path there, which I drove my car there last week or two). Anyway. My plan was, to go on the service road, and there was a field with a path in the field leading down to the lake (kinda a long path, but I love hiking, exploring and going on adventures). I would swim across the lake to a small island where there is a GeoCache. I had my backpack (like always) with my GPS and a pen and paper.

Anyway, I get to the field, the map dosen't tell you mouch about the field, just shows the area, it wasn't a GPS map, so I didn't know what to expect of the field, I just thought it was a flat field. After about 10 minutes of trying to find the path (it's a bug field), I think I finally find it behind a big bile of dirt and stuff. I climb over that and as I make my way down the path, I heard and animal, it was like a crawl or something and I heard it started coming towards me and stop (I never saw it). I kinda freak out and make my way back.

Well, the path the leads up the the pfield is small, compared to how big the field is, it's like a little wider than a driveway, and the field is the size of the 3 football fields (maybe more).

So, I'm making my way over the tarrain, there is a grassy spot too, I making my way to the edge, where I thought was the path. My flash light starts going dim. I fear that my flash light will burnout before making my way back home. It's a 10 minute walk down the service road, and about 12 minutes walk through to woods before I reach my house. I walk along the field for maybe a half hour, looking for the dang path. I couldn't get to the service road without the path, because it was a steep drop and a large bank.

I finally get back onto the service road and moments later I hear the yelping of wolves or coyotes (I'm like of great), I kinda get a little scared. We had coyote problems in the area, people's pets have been eaten or missing. I wasn't sure if coyotes or wolves are dangerous. I knew they can attack, even if it's rare, it's a possibility.

After I cross the highway, my flash light is too dim to see in the woods, I use my GPS the rest of the way which worked out fine. I hate how there is a light exactly in front of the path where I come out at. It sucks, because there is still a lot of traffic on the highway, even at 3 in the morning, so I gotta wait until there is a long enough brake for me to pass without being seen (which could be about 10 minutes or so). It take me just over a minute to cross, because I gotta cross a ditch, after the first lane, I cross the devider which is like a ditch another lane, cross the guard rail and down over a steep hill. before I get to the service road, I gotta cross over a small swamp. Which I end up getting my fet soaked every bloody time. I always miss the grassy island I'm supposed to step on.

Now that they are making it a road now, which I think they are, I don't have much to go, except the woods. I like the service road, because it's open, but there are trees separating the highway from the road. One day, I was going to go and see the lake at the end called drain lake (Which is quite a hike), maybe a good spot for swimming (skinny dipping for me that is). The other week, I drove back there with my car (with clothes on of course, since it was during the day). The alek would not be good for swimming as it's almost like a swamp, the water looks dirty. There are paths for the ATV.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Another time I got lost, this is the most recent time. Last month my Dad and I went to tag off the property line or something of a lot we bought in Windsor. It was a 25 acre lot, anyway. We we going through some very tough tarrien, we kinda my Dad had the map on his phone, to help him with the property line. We were also relying on the person who owned it before, he had ribbons on trees and stuff. Well, he had so many bloody ribbons of each color, one for that path and this path etc. We took a wrong turn, we got lost for like 3 hours in the bloody woods. It was hot and the mosquito were constant. It was driving my crazy. I kept having mishaps, like slipping over the tough terrain. I'm not sure why my Dad wanted to tag the property line, he wanted to have an idea of how big the lot was I guess. He wanted to put a ribbons at all for corners of the property.

When we came out of the woods, we were all the way on the other side of the neighborhood where the property is, so we had to walk all the way back to where the car was, which was over an hour, and my feet were already sore. About 20 minutes before reaching the property I started to get cramps in my stomach and it started for pour down rain. I hate being in wet clothes.

After, I went home had a shower and went to bed.

- I got "lost" on a lake around 2005

- we fished from 05:30 to 21:00 slowly trolling

- when you do that, you do not pay attention to all of the forks in the lake

- i made a wrong a turn but knew if i followed the left side of the bank, i would eventually get back to the dock

- however, i ran out of gas and had to troll

- finally, the back up battery ran out of juice too, so we had to start paddling

- we saw someone with a burn fire and asked if we were going the correct way and they said yes

- somehow, when the dock came into view, we got stuck on several logs underneath the boat

- the only way to get unstuck outside of jumping into the lake (in which the water was a couple of feet over my head) was to keep throwing the anchor until it caught another log underneath that took around 20 to 25 throws of the anchor

- of course, it started getting dark after we initially ran out of gas and the person with me started panicking

- it was comical in a way, but not at that particular time.

A couple months ago, my folks had rented a cabin in Bridgewater, NS for the weekend, I went up there for the day (I've been there before). Where the cabin is, is a very big place, roads everywhere like a maze.

Sometime after 21:00 (9 PM), I decided to go home. I took a wrong turn, kept driving, thinking that the road would eventually take me out, which is what happened before. I ended up on a deserted road with no power lines and then there was power line 3 houses, and the roads just stops (kinda weird), so I turned around and went back, I was only lost for 10 or 15 minutes. It was dark and I was alone so it was kinda eerie, driving on a dark road in the woods. You can probably drive for days on all them roads and drive in circles and you wouldn't know.

Latest posts

Back