Name bands you hate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post Malone.

If he were just another current music artist, and he wasn't made out to be that big of a deal, then I probably wouldn't mind him as much. I'd just mildly dislike him, shrug and say "it's not for me", and that's it. What bothers me about him is that people seem to act as if he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've listened to a few songs just to know what his music is like, and personally I could barely get through them. I just found it boring - musically, it makes me drowsy. And lyrically, it's just money, sex, drugs, fame, and his haters. He doesn't seem to have any insightful, meaningful, or original ideas - it's just bragging set to music. It's obnoxious and self-important. It seems vapid and empty, and not relatable or interesting at all.

Another thing, people really defend this guy. They act like if you don't like him, you're wrong, you're an idiot, you're the one with the problem. It's one thing to disagree with someone who doesn't like the music you do, but with Post Malone, people act like you're not allowed to dislike him. There don't seem to be a lot of people who have anything critical to say about him, and what few there are, seem to get shouted down and insulted by his army of zombie fans, most of whom I think will have forgotten all about him in a few years' time. I don't understand what it is about his music that people love so much, and I don't understand what it is about him that inspires this rabid devotion, when his music and lyrics aren't anything new, exciting, or profound, and his whole act seems like a meme, just something quick and throw-away, a cynical grab to get all the money and fame he can before people get tired of him and move on to the next trend.

I know it's not really important. I have bigger things I should worry about. And one good thing about the modern world is, music from all eras is more accessible than ever. If the stuff you like isn't big anymore, or never was in the first place, that's OK - you can just listen to your CDs or go on YouTube or some other site and listen to what you like, almost any time you want. You're not just stuck with whatever is on the radio. And I also understand that I'm not even in his target demographic, so me not liking his music is not that surprising. Honestly, to say that I actually HATE him is a bit of a stretch. It's more like, I think he is very overrated, and I don't get the appeal at all. I don't see any of his songs standing the test of time, something that needs to be revisited again and again. I don't see people being lifelong Post Malone fans. I would understand more if he were a one-hit wonder, but people are acting like he is the voice of their generation, and I just don't see it. Instead, I feel like this is more like a case of "stop making stupid people famous".

System of a Down (sorry Skafish)

Anything Nu Metal. All of the late '80s glam tin foil metal bands.

Bland stuff like Ed Sheeran, David Grey, whatever's new and in the same vein of blandness.

This thread has the power to cause quite a bit of offence so I'll leave it there.

ardour said:
System of a Down (sorry Skafish)

It's OK. I wouldn't really say that I'm a huge System fan. I just don't hate it. I recognize it as good musicianship/songcraft, and I don't mind it when I hear it, but at the same time it's never really clicked with me. I don't have anything against a person for liking it, or have any problem with hearing it on the radio, in the car with someone or at someone's house. But I don't feel compelled to buy a CD or a shirt or concert tickets either.

BTS or anything Kpop
Queen
Billie Ellish or similar singers
Nickelback
Tones and I
Amy Shark
Pink
Scissor Sisters (was a fan but the snobby fanbase put me off them and now I just cringe hearing them if they're on the radio)
Katy Perry
rap/rnb crap/boy bands
Guns N Roses
Maneskin

Post Malone.

If he were just another current music artist, and he wasn't made out to be that big of a deal, then I probably wouldn't mind him as much. I'd just mildly dislike him, shrug and say "it's not for me", and that's it. What bothers me about him is that people seem to act as if he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've listened to a few songs just to know what his music is like, and personally I could barely get through them. I just found it boring - musically, it makes me drowsy. And lyrically, it's just money, sex, drugs, fame, and his haters. He doesn't seem to have any insightful, meaningful, or original ideas - it's just bragging set to music. It's obnoxious and self-important. It seems vapid and empty, and not relatable or interesting at all.

Another thing, people really defend this guy. They act like if you don't like him, you're wrong, you're an idiot, you're the one with the problem. It's one thing to disagree with someone who doesn't like the music you do, but with Post Malone, people act like you're not allowed to dislike him. There don't seem to be a lot of people who have anything critical to say about him, and what few there are, seem to get shouted down and insulted by his army of zombie fans, most of whom I think will have forgotten all about him in a few years' time. I don't understand what it is about his music that people love so much, and I don't understand what it is about him that inspires this rabid devotion, when his music and lyrics aren't anything new, exciting, or profound, and his whole act seems like a meme, just something quick and throw-away, a cynical grab to get all the money and fame he can before people get tired of him and move on to the next trend.

I know it's not really important. I have bigger things I should worry about. And one good thing about the modern world is, music from all eras is more accessible than ever. If the stuff you like isn't big anymore, or never was in the first place, that's OK - you can just listen to your CDs or go on YouTube or some other site and listen to what you like, almost any time you want. You're not just stuck with whatever is on the radio. And I also understand that I'm not even in his target demographic, so me not liking his music is not that surprising. Honestly, to say that I actually HATE him is a bit of a stretch. It's more like, I think he is very overrated, and I don't get the appeal at all. I don't see any of his songs standing the test of time, something that needs to be revisited again and again. I don't see people being lifelong Post Malone fans. I would understand more if he were a one-hit wonder, but people are acting like he is the voice of their generation, and I just don't see it. Instead, I feel like this is more like a case of "stop making stupid people famous".

Plot twist:

Post Malone is not actually the babbling doofus he appears to be.

He is, in fact, a brilliant scientist from the future, in which humanity gets our act together, unifies the planet, and achieves interstellar space travel. However, after a disastrous space war, we are soon conquered by a more advanced alien race, who reduces Earth to colonial status in the aliens' empire, and we lose our sovereignty as a species. Malone secretly builds a time machine in his garage, and calculates the exact moment he has to go back in time in order to alter the timeline and prevent this outcome. As the alien authorities closed in, rayguns blazing, he managed to escape just in the nick of time, traveling back to our era. He concluded that the problem was that humanity jumped the gun, and in our eagerness to achieve world peace and interstellar spaceflight, our technology developed faster than our military capabilities - which is why we lost the war in the future. So, in order to prevent this, Malone performed some precise calculations - now known as Post's Theorem - to figure out how to create the mathematically-proven, most mind-numbing music ever known to mankind, in order to dumb down humanity on a massive scale, to keep our technology from progressing too quickly, so that when we finally are ready to take to the stars, we'll also have sufficient military capabilities to defend ourselves from alien threats, and preserve our freedom.

And at night, when Post is alone, he looks up at the stars and weeps - for though he knows he will succeed in saving humanity's future, he used up all of his time crystals in getting here, and can't go back to his own time, because humanity won't discover time crystals, nor the science and technology to refine them, for at least another 200 years. Marooned in our time, he truly is a tragic figure, whose heroic efforts the pages of history will never know.

Last edited:
I don't really like any bands or performers that are more about their image and sex appeal than about their music. MTV did help ruin music. I won't bother to list any, because for today's scene that would require a very long list. I miss the days when "ugly" (or at least non stereotypically attractive) people could be pop stars. It seems like now one has to start out as a model of some sort (of any sex/gender) before having a chance at becoming a pop star. Though that's always been true to some extent, far more exceptions used to exist. And then 5 to 11 people will write their songs (I've heard that the latest Justin Bieber song was written by 11 people), so they have wide appeal, but in reality they just sound more contrived and programmed. I like a lot of music, but the vast majority of today's pop music mostly leaves me cold.

Hating Nickelback used to be cool, but it's so easy that it's kind of just a fact, now. Partially because Nickelback plagiarises itself and somehow still has fans. Oh, and also, Nickelback sucks. Listening to even one song by Creed invokes a sea of nausea, they're like Nickelback before there was Nickelback.

Top of my list though is Lana Del Rey, It's not that Lana Del Rey is bad, per se, it's that her music seems fraudulent when compared to the '60s-era musical acts she's invoking.

I'm going to sneak into a Post Malone concert (I'm not buying a ticket because I don't want to give him so much as one red cent), just so I can bean him in the head with a grapefruit.

I'm getting giggly just thinking about that sweet "THWOCK!" sound when the grapefruit makes contact with his forehead, followed by the stunned look on Mr. Malone's face when he's seeing stars, before collapsing to the ground in a heap.

🖐🍈 (me throwing the grapefruit)

🥴 (Post, after getting smacked in the face with said grapefruit)

Mostly anything/anyone with a nasal-y voice. That drives me absolutely nuts, it just sounds whiney.

Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback,

Ohh did I mention how much I hate bloody Nickelback?

Listening to even one song by Creed invokes a sea of nausea, they're like Nickelback before there was Nickelback.
:ROFLMAO: Spot onnnnnnnnnnnn.

Everyone hated Creed, I mean, for good reason ofc.

Then the Limp Bizkit/fred durst hatred....
which I gotta say I am shocked to see no LB hating here..at one time, it was in vogue to hate them.

Queen... never got the appeal.
I'm the same with Led Zeppelin. No doubt a talented bunch of chaps, I think their status as sound musicians tends to overshadow a much more condemnatory aspect of the group, the fact that MOST of their music was honeysuckle, they were downright awful people as individuals, and they done more musical theft than Ritchie Blackmore and Deep Purple ( that's a bloody lot man ). Deemed rock and roll gods by a hypocritical press that initially mocked them, Led Zeppelin has become something of an artificially inflated mega-group, a quartet of metal titans that produced NOTHING but musical fury, when the truth of the matter is, they were hardly the balls out megaliths so many souls today like to think they were.

There are two points where I am willing to admit defeat here; “Led Zeppelin II” and “Led Zeppelin IV” are both truly iconic rock and roll records, and not even I can deny their import on popular culture. That said, the rest of their discography is a jumbled bag, which ranges from mostly mediocre to flat out embarrassing.

I always hated Rush.
I can't stand his voice.

other honorable mentions:
RATM - again, hate his vocals
PHISH - how could I forget them...
Dave Matthews Band..

Last edited:
I always hated Rush.
I can't stand his voice.

other honorable mentions:
RATM - again, hate his vocals
PHISH - how could I forget them...
Dave Matthews Band..

Ooh, gonna have to disagree on Rush and Rage - I like both. But I can see how not everyone might, for those reasons. The vocals are one of those things that you either like or you don't.

I never really got into that jam band stuff though. I didn't necessarily hate it, I just never got into it, it never clicked with me. As far as the music goes, it's all over the place - it makes me feel like it might feel, to watch a movie with no plot - like what's the story, where is this going?

Plus it was always kind of a dudebro thing, and that's not me either.

Last edited:
Rush are one of my all time favourite bands which is weird because like @threejewels Geddy's falsetto voice really annoys me and they were a very tight band live, all about the technique and very little room for flair.

I'm all bum notes and throwing shapes like a retarded Pete Townsend ;)

I've gotten a lot of crap from people over certain music that I have liked over the years... half the time, I think it's funny.. difference in opinion is interesting to me!

On that note, I always wished Rob Halford and George Michael had done a duet together.
Rob being the best metal singer with that range and GM - IMO, one of the best pop singers to come out of the 80s....sure Wham! Got trashed/made fun of plenty but the fact remains - GM had a fantastic voice. No smoke and mirrors, there.
"Careless Whisper" is still one of my favorite songs ever.

Strip away all the hub-bub and listen to the voices... modern music, no talent. Auto-tuning garbage. Can't sing and everything can be hidden with technology, they can make anyone give off the illusion of being a good singer

Latest posts

Back