Name bands you hate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beatles, to me an overrated skiffle band. The only decent one was George Harrison and half the time there seemed to be a look of bewilderment on his face thinking, "the hell am I doing here?"

I actually got kicked out of class at secondary school once because I disagreed with the teacher who was of the opinion that The Beatles were the best band ever. I tried to counter her arguement by claiming that they were a bunch of tossers in ill fitting suits and that the likes of The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who or Rolling Stones were far better. And they had far better drummers.

Some Bands/artists that I sometimes like, have their moments but I think are also hugely overrated:

The Rolling Stones
Happy Mondays
Lou Reed/Velvet Underground
Depeche Mode
Oasis
James Brown
Bowie from 1980 on
Kraftwerk
Iggy Pop's solo career
The Jesus and Mary Chain
New Order (so much dross in among brilliance)

Last edited:
How about blink 182,I never really got into their music before.

Your comment yesterday inspired me to listen to some Blink 182 on YouTube yesterday. I didn't really listen to them when they were new, I only heard a few songs and I wasn't really into it, the guy's voice, the subject matter, etc., plus they were popular, and sometimes I get this sense of, when something's popular then I go against it, lol.

I don't know. The earlier stuff is more punk, so it's alright. But the later, more emo-sounding stuff, doesn't do it for me. If I'm looking for a more light-hearted punk band, there's other ones I enjoy more.

Some Bands/artists that I sometimes like, have their moments but I think are also hugely overrated:

The Rolling Stones
Happy Mondays
Lou Reed/Velvet Underground
Depeche Mode
Oasis
James Brown
Bowie from 1980 on
Kraftwerk
Iggy Pop's solo career
The Jesus and Mary Chain
New Order (so much dross in among brilliance)

UNPOPULAR OPINION:

"Creed Shreds" is funny and all, but at some point, hating on Creed became a "thing" in its own right, it became the thing that it was cool to do.

If you ignore all of the Creed hate and just listen to it objectively, it might be derivative (then again lots of bands are) but it's not actually that bad.

YASSEAH!

I try not to necessarily "hate" bands/artists anymore, so this isn't really "hate", but I will say that I don't get the appeal of Fall Out Boy, or pretty much any of that wave of emo bands.

I didn't like that stuff when it was new, and I didn't think about it for a while. Then I started hearing about emo coming back again, as well as just thinking back to that time in my life, the early to mid 2000s, and I tried listening again to see if the issue was just me, if I just didn't like it at the time, didn't understand it, didn't want to go along with it just because it was popular at the time and people more popular than me liked it and I was just being "anti-", and that time would make me any more agreeable to it. But no, I didn't like it any more now than I did then. I tried to be objective, but every time I listened, it just didn't do it for me.

I'm not saying that no one should like it, I can see how someone would. Or that they are bad musicians and songwriters - they're certainly more competent at the craft than I am, and can put something together that's more coherent than I can. They can write and play well-made songs, it's just that the style isn't for me. I guess I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Not "hate", but I always found these two bands to be boring. Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden.

Not hating on grunge. It's not my favorite, but I liked some songs from Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

Latest posts

Back