Name one good thing that can come from hating another person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate can take focus off other bad situations that one doesn't want/can't deal with.

Also, common hatred can unite people. Just look at all the people uniting due to prejudice on all sides.

Also, hatred for others can get you elected.

iu

Finished said:
Hate can take focus off other bad situations that one doesn't want/can't deal with.

Also, common hatred can unite people. Just look at all the people uniting due to prejudice on all sides.

Also, hatred for others can get you elected.

iu

Yes, hating bad things can yield good results

those who are hated by some are always loved by others. it's the people who are ignored & discounted without a second thought who have it the roughest as we have been deemed as irrelevent loser's not worthy of the time or effort.

mgill said:
those who are hated by some are always loved by others.  it's the people who are ignored & discounted without a second thought who have it the roughest as we have been deemed as irrelevent loser's not worthy of the time or effort.

Why the fresia do you have to try to lessen every person's problems? I'm sorry, but you have no ******* clue what other people have been through.  You have no ******* clue what other people's lives or thoughts or feelings are.  Stop lessening their problems just because you feel you own the market on having bullshit in your life.  The biggest bullshit in your life are the excuses you push out.

TheRealCallie said:
mgill said:
those who are hated by some are always loved by others.  it's the people who are ignored & discounted without a second thought who have it the roughest as we have been deemed as irrelevent loser's not worthy of the time or effort.

Why the fresia do you have to try to lessen every person's problems? I'm sorry, but you have no ******* clue what other people have been through.  You have no ******* clue what other people's lives or thoughts or feelings are.  Stop lessening their problems just because you feel you own the market on having bullshit in your life.  The biggest bullshit in your life are the excuses you push out.

"I'm sorry, but you have no ******* clue what other people have been through.  You have no ******* clue what other people's lives or thoughts or feelings are."

perhaps the same can be said of you.

"The biggest bullshit in your life are the excuses you push out."

wrong again-you are mistaking the cause for the effect as it's my genetics when it comes to height & physical appearence which are BS.

A certain amount of hatred is healthy. It means you're a person of character and convictions. You simply cannot like (or even be indifferent to) everyone.

The unparalleled satisfaction of saying "fresia you" when I see them everytime. That is what the good thing about hating someone.

I suppose I'm lucky with family and work i still cant remember hating anyone.I even like my mother in law :) Being self employed I can just move on if I think it's not going to work out between a custumer and me.I don't give it time for the dislike that could occur to fester and turn into hate.Maybe that's a weakness but it could be a strength too if you can delete someone from your headspace like that and forget the temporary anger you feel for someone.
Would be interesting if any one has any examples of people they hate or hated or were close to intensely disliking.
I had a customer that liked to be called Lady so and so.You know like Lord and Lady whatever cant remember her name.I wasn't prepared to call her that I just called her Mrs and she really didn't like that ,told me so in fact.
One day she gave me a slap on the hand out of the blue when I did an extra job that I thought would help her.I stood there in shock ,then gathered me tools,called her a ******* nut job and left fairly quickly. I could have disliked or even hated her but I didn't just got over the shock and deleted her from my thoughts.Whats the point,I think it's just a waste of time.
Maybe it's my age and my approach to life.

Forgottendanfan said:
A certain amount of hatred is healthy. It means you're a person of character and convictions. You simply cannot like (or even be indifferent to) everyone.

but one can dislike others without actually hating them.

Sanal said:
The unparalleled satisfaction of saying "fresia you" when I see them everytime. That is what the good thing about hating someone.

i think this behavior may say much more about you than the other person.

mgill said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Sanal said:

I am curious to know what does this behavior say about me?

Sanal said:
mgill said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Sanal said:

i'm not sure exactly but to make it a point to attempt & insult someone you extremely dislike and to gain pleasure from doing it does not seem like a productive exchange for either of you.

mgill said:
Sanal said:
mgill said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Sanal said:

i'm not sure exactly but to make it a point to attempt & insult someone you extremely dislike and to gain pleasure from doing it does not seem like a productive exchange for either of you.

Hypothetically, let's say it happens, the exchage takes about 20 seconds before I go my way and forget about it. There are other things that people do that aren't productive. For example, this forum (Sorry sci-fi). Are you abolutely certain that we are all being productive over here? I don't know. Maybe you are. I certainly am not. I could do other things for the time I use here to read/write posts and converse in chat room.

But then why am I still here? Because of the dopamine release. Does that say something about me? Probably. I find pleasure in a virtual world. I am getting disconnected from reality. But does that mean I am not having a normal life on the other side? As long as things won't get to my head, I am pretty normal here. So if you are talking about people being unhealthy and not being productive, there is ofcourse a much larger picture.

Sanal said:
mgill said:
Sanal said:
mgill said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Sanal said:

Hypothetically, let's say it happens, the exchage takes about 20 seconds before I go my way and forget about it. There are other things that people do that aren't productive. For example, this forum (Sorry sci-fi). Are you abolutely certain that we are all being productive over here? I don't know. Maybe you are. I certainly am not. I could do other things for the time I use here to read/write posts and converse in chat room.

But then why am I still here? Because of the dopamine release. Does that say something about me? Probably. I find pleasure in a virtual world. I am getting disconnected from reality. But does that mean I am not having a normal life on the other side? As long as things won't get to my head, I am pretty normal here. So if you are talking about people being unhealthy and not being productive, there is ofcourse a much larger picture.

i think everyone is getting something out of posting on this forum or they would not be here. for some it may be good and others perhaps not so good. back to your original question though.  i assume the person you are cursing at knows you dislike them already so i just don't see the point of constantly reinforcing it.  there is already plenty of aggression in the world without adding to it imo.  would it not be better to just ignore and avoid them instead? i guess i just don't understand how insulting someone else can make someone feel better about themselves.

mgill said:
Sanal said:
mgill said:
Sanal said:
mgill said:

i think everyone is getting something out of posting on this forum or they would not be here. for some it may be good and others perhaps not so good. back to your original question though.  i assume the person you are cursing at knows you dislike them already so i just don't see the point of constantly reinforcing it.  there is already plenty of aggression in the world without adding to it imo.  would it not be better to just ignore and avoid them instead? i guess i just don't understand how insulting someone else can make someone feel better about themselves.

You are probably right. I shouldn't give out hatred towards the world. Plenty of aggression exists already and no one would want a constant reinforcement of my reasoning behind the hatred, even if it is stemmed from an initial unfair treatment towards me.

TheRealCallie said:
It's me.  He hates me and insults me all the time. :club:

Totally.

TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
It you like everyone and make no enemies through life, you're doing something wrong. I do genuinely believe this is true.

No one likes EVERYONE.  But, having enemies doesn't mean you have to hate them.  There have been many people I could easily hate throughout my life, but what's the point?  Hating someone means that they, in some way, have control or power over you.  Why let someone have that?  Live your own life and don't worry about other people.  There will always be "haters," but you get to choose how you react to them and how much influence you let them have over your life.

That's a nice idea in theory, but difficult to put into practice. Let's not kid ourselves, there are always going to be people who get under our skin, no matter how much we try to be tolerant, forgiving and easygoing.

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
It you like everyone and make no enemies through life, you're doing something wrong. I do genuinely believe this is true.

No one likes EVERYONE.  But, having enemies doesn't mean you have to hate them.  There have been many people I could easily hate throughout my life, but what's the point?  Hating someone means that they, in some way, have control or power over you.  Why let someone have that?  Live your own life and don't worry about other people.  There will always be "haters," but you get to choose how you react to them and how much influence you let them have over your life.

That's a nice idea in theory, but difficult to put into practice. Let's not kid ourselves, there are always going to be people who get under our skin, no matter how much we try to be tolerant, forgiving and easygoing.

Not really.  I am often annoyed by people that get under my skin, especially certain people, but I don't react to them.  At most, I roll my eyes, sigh and walk away.  That's the biggest reaction I will allow other people to have from me because I will not allow others to have more power over me than that. 

But, like I said before, people often confuse hate with dislike.  Just because someone gets under your skin doesn't mean you hate them.  People use that word way too much for the wrong reasons.

Not letting intense emotions, such as hate, control you is something you have to practice. It often requires a lot of moving forward on your own part, accepting that the other person isn't going to change. It's very ******* tough, but it's doable. Random thought not directed at anyone.

Sometimes I will see something that reminds me of a person/people from the past that used to bother me/treat me hatefully.

But I'm trying to remember that these people are irrelevant to my life now, and not only can I no longer use them as excuses to hold me back in life, but also, I learned my lesson. I know I don't have to take anything they said or any way that they treated me, seriously, as if it was true or meant anything. All that stuff is just because they were ********, some people are, but that's their problem, not mine. I guess they thought I was weak, but fresia 'em. I know these things happened because I didn't know any better, I didn't know how to deal with people like that at the time. Now, I have a better idea.

I need to remind myself to not let ******** "live in my head rent-free".

Last edited:
No good can come out of hating anyone,not everyone is going to like you,someone will always have an opinion of you,but no good can come out of hate,you just have to not care about what anyone thinks of you,the only thing that matters is what you think of yourself.

Latest posts

Back