Narcissistic Hopelessness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpectraApocalypse

Reaction score
I think I need to just get my death over with, Im almost 100% sure I have full blown NPD. I dont wanna go into detail about things that Ive done in the past because theyre honestly horrifically detestable. Ive started to feel very guilty and ashamed of them in recent years to the point of keeping me up at night and giving me nauseating anxiety/extreme paranoia. I highly doubt that this is gonna get any better and even if I could get better there's no way I could repair my relationship with my family/friends, etc. because theyve all pretty much caught on to my horrible personality traits. This is honestly the lowest ive ever been and I suspect it will keep getting lower and lower until someone inevitably takes their revenge against me. Ive never felt such intense confusion and dissociation in my life. It was never good being a narcissist, my life basically consisted of seeking validation from others in whatever way possible and its all because I couldnt and probably will never realize myself. I am a collection of stolen personalities. I have no clue which one is mine because its buried under all the others I tacked onto myself to make other people like me. Its an incredibly lonely existence because no matter how many friends I have I never truly believe theyre my friends, which theyre not, theyre friends of the mirror image that I always inevitably present to them to keep them from knowing how pathetic and worthless of a human being I really am. I have and have always had since as long as I can remember an intense hatred of myself. I scream at myself in my head constantly telling myself how worthless I am and how terrible I am. But I also have unignorable thoughts that I am the best, that everyone would want to be me if they knew who I was, etc. etc. etc. Im sure youve heard these thoughts explained by psychologists. I used to give some credence to these thoughts before thoroughly proving myself wrong in reality and then completely devaluing myself just to do the same thing over and over and over again. I now hate them and mock myself for them but theyre so ingrained in my psyche that theyre heavily intrusive in everyday life. I always tried to seem humble on the outside because that's who I wanted to be but now that I look back I just came off as a holier-than-thou *******. I still do. I constantly feel like Im the victim of some sort of mind abuse by other people because I constantly believe everyone hates me, which eventually came true when I was unmasked by everyone I know. I just wanted to be a good person but at some point in my life I lost that. I became extremely resentful because Ive always felt rejected and so when I tried to actually make friends and be a good person my instincts would kick in and I would realize that Im not really all that great to them and that I probably wasnt even liked by them much at all (because of my own stupid words and actions) and I would take my sorry ass, move on and try again. Though it would never get any better, the cycle would just repeat itself constantly. Until where I am now where Im completely withdrawing from society and am more suicidal than ever. I dont expect anyone to console me and youre free to believe that Im just seeking validation/attention with this post because I certainly havent made any case that Im not. I just wanted to explain some of what drives my actions and why I think suicide is the only option now. Thank you for reading if you got this far.

Last edited:
There is a Japanese art, called Kintsugi. If some one has a precious pottery item that has broken, what they can do, is take it to a master of kintsugi; and you know what they do? They glue the pottery back together, and they do it with gold. It's a beautiful idea. That something broken, can not only be mended; but, become even more beautiful for it's imperfection.

What's silly, is that some people probably even break stuff on purpose, just so they can have the kintsugi performed on the item. There are some interesting parallels to be drawn from that notion; but, I digress...

I'd like to believe humans are a bit too organic to be permanently broken. All the better parts of the great religious traditions tell us, we are not alone, we are sacred, we are redeemable. Both Christianity and Buddhism have many tales of sinners turned helper/hero.

There's only so little I can do, through these words...

I hope, maybe you could try taking some of these pieces, and artfully putting them together again to make something beautiful?

Seek help/counsel if you can and feel you should. Hatred is so awful...

Many things in life are uncertain...

They thought the Titanic was unsinkable. They were very sure about that; but, they were wrong...

*hug*

Last edited:
I can relate to the no real "friends" and being disliked by others. In my case i had to get rid of all frenemies decades ago so i'm mostly alone with a small circle who are not allowed into my life. And i have very specific reasons for that. I don't need validation, i don't conform to the retarded "society" that surrounds me. I'm in my own world. I have real problems, created by other individuals, which keep me busy and strong. Loneliness gets to me sometimes. Being low status doesn't help. I also get rejected, disliked, hated, ignored like invisible garbage for being too good to others. I'm no longer good to others. Don't go out of my way for anyone anymore. Problem solved. Suicide only sounds like fun. Never tried myself and never will but came close to dying several times in my life, seen things, heard stories from others who know suicide victims. It's not fun. I don't recommend.

Have you tried making friends with someone who know that you are a narcissist from the get go?
You should try that. I don't mind friends like that at all. Kinda just gives something extra.

Latest posts

Back