Need an advise or encouraging

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4No1

Out of order
Reaction score
So, I moved from home to another place and I couldn't stay there šŸ™

It was a place, I'd been before a lot of times, so it was quite common. I had one more place as a plan B, but I don't know. It can be just wasting of time and money...
If I was alone, I'd go home, but home now is quite a hopeless place and I have a kid. I think if I can stay in the plan B place, my kid's future would be probably better(or if not, we can always go home), but it's going to be quite difficult and tough right now.
I have a few freinds there for now, who can answer some stupid questions (like where to buy this/that, where to find a doctor and so on) - it's a big help, but still I'm afraid. My parents can visit me there(while it's quite expensive to do if I'm at home).
Some my friends and co-workers think I'm mad as I'm a single mother and don't have any excuses("why don't you just sit at home"?)... but maybe I shouldn't care about them. But on the other hand, all people who moved and who I knew, were either men or married.
Should I risk(mostly money and some emotions as it's very stressful)? Here I must say that by the places I mean in fact countries(won't name them for now).

Time is running out, and I still have no desicion. What would you do?

P.S. Sorry for venting. It's blowing my brains.

Since you've already said that home is a 'hopeless place', I'd go with Plan B - especially since you have a child and could potentially offer your child a better future than what you could offer them now. It also sounds like you have a few friends in the Plan B place who could offer some support while you get settled in your new surroundings. Sure - it might be risky, but it might also turn out to be the best thing you've ever done. :)

Yes plan B gain your in independence, give you child a better future, this will only be a tough time for a short period when you sort everything thing out it will be the greatest thing you have ever done go for it

A decision can be a hard thing to make. And it's harder to make hard decisions when things are very uncertain and in the air.

Maybe this will help, but, sometimes it helps to just write things out. What are the +'s what are the -'s? What are the risks?

And then sometimes, maybe, one needs to set aside some time, to try and _clear their mind_. Say to one's self, "My mind is limited, it has limited information, I will put this puzzle aside for a little while, and if the answer wants to come to me, okay, if it doesn't, I'll return to the puzzle again, a bit refreshed from the break."

When we stare at a problem for too hard, and too long, sometimes we miss things. So, remember to take a break, if it's possible to do so.

All we have is our knowledge, information, wisdom, and intuition, and our heart as well perhaps.

We can't always follow our heart in all things, as it isn't wise; but, we must always keep it in mind, as it's necessary for a meaningful life.

I recently was selling something on a local online market, and was very suspicious that the person coming to my house to pick up the item, might be some sort of threat. I didn't trust, and was uneasy. There was the possibility of a threat; but, it turned out the person was respectable, and there was no cause for concern. So, I made an incorrect conclusion, based on the small amount of information I had. I didn't have a lot of information to go on, and I was already quite fearful of the prospect of a stranger knowing where I lived, so, maybe, my conclusion was biased towards the worst possible scenario.

So, the point I'm making... I'm not sure, really; but, you make due with what you have. All you can do is act on what you know. All you can change is what is in your control to change. I think, knowing that, in a certain sense, I would hope, can be a little bit freeing. The world isn't on our shoulders, after all, it's under our feet :)

But we imagine it's on our shoulders so often, I think we tend to start to feel just how heavy it is, and it indeed, does have some weight to it... But how much of that is in our heads, and how much is below our feet, and all around us?

We do our best to do what is best for our young ones, and that's the best we can do.

We need the heart, and we need the head; and I think they probably work best, when they balance each other out a bit.

Last edited:
So, I moved from home to another place and I couldn't stay there šŸ™

It was a place, I'd been before a lot of times, so it was quite common. I had one more place as a plan B, but I don't know. It can be just wasting of time and money...
If I was alone, I'd go home, but home now is quite a hopeless place and I have a kid. I think if I can stay in the plan B place, my kid's future would be probably better(or if not, we can always go home), but it's going to be quite difficult and tough right now.
I have a few freinds there for now, who can answer some stupid questions (like where to buy this/that, where to find a doctor and so on) - it's a big help, but still I'm afraid. My parents can visit me there(while it's quite expensive to do if I'm at home).
Some my friends and co-workers think I'm mad as I'm a single mother and don't have any excuses("why don't you just sit at home"?)... but maybe I shouldn't care about them. But on the other hand, all people who moved and who I knew, were either men or married.
Should I risk(mostly money and some emotions as it's very stressful)? Here I must say that by the places I mean in fact countries(won't name them for now).

Time is running out, and I still have no desicion. What would you do?

P.S. Sorry for venting. It's blowing my brains.
What are you options? I will go through them with you if you want.

A decision can be a hard thing to make. And it's harder to make hard decisions when things are very uncertain and in the air.

Maybe this will help, but, sometimes it helps to just write things out. What are the +'s what are the -'s? What are the risks?

And then sometimes, maybe, one needs to set aside some time, to try and _clear their mind_. Say to one's self, "My mind is limited, it has limited information, I will put this puzzle aside for a little while, and if the answer wants to come to me, okay, if it doesn't, I'll return to the puzzle again, a bit refreshed from the break."

When we stare at a problem for too hard, and too long, sometimes we miss things. So, remember to take a break, if it's possible to do so.

All we have is our knowledge, information, wisdom, and intuition, and our heart as well perhaps.

We can't always follow our heart in all things, as it isn't wise; but, we must always keep it in mind, as it's necessary for a meaningful life.

I recently was selling something on a local online market, and was very suspicious that the person coming to my house to pick up the item, might be some sort of threat. I didn't trust, and was uneasy. There was the possibility of a threat; but, it turned out the person was respectable, and there was no cause for concern. So, I made an incorrect conclusion, based on the small amount of information I had. I didn't have a lot of information to go on, and I was already quite fearful of the prospect of a stranger knowing where I lived, so, maybe, my conclusion was biased towards the worst possible scenario.

So, the point I'm making... I'm not sure, really; but, you make due with what you have. All you can do is act on what you know. All you can change is what is in your control to change. I think, knowing that, in a certain sense, I would hope, can be a little bit freeing. The world isn't on our shoulders, after all, it's under our feet :)

But we imagine it's on our shoulders so often, I think we tend to start to feel just how heavy it is, and it indeed, does have some weight to it... But how much of that is in our heads, and how much is below our feet, and all around us?

We do our best to do what is best for our young ones, and that's the best we can do.

We need the heart, and we need the head; and I think they probably work best, when they balance each other out a bit.
I used to work from home seeing people face to face a lot. It was dodgy. These were strangers. Even if they gave me an address or name or number I had no way of knowing if they were true. I sometimes got guys who were too pushy for sex, people who were mentally ill and shouting abuse, all sorts.One time I was selling some pedigree puppies. I made a point of finding out about the possible new owner on the phone before giving them my address. The guy who turned up was as common as muck, waving his arms about a lot, restless, covered in tattoos and piercings, swearing a lot, not the guy I spoke to on the phone or would not have let him come over, when I asked him questions it turned out he lived in one room and had no money. Like I would be that cruel that I allow him to have a lovely little puppy shut up in one room all of the time. He got very demanding and nasty about how dare I ask people to pay for the puppy and trying to insist I give it to him for free. It was obvious he had no money at all, let alone for a full pedigree puppy. I had to lie and pretend my husband was upstairs as I was alone.

One reason I stopped working face to face and switched to phone calls. Much simpler, quicker and safer.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the answers.
Plan B is like my country let's say 10-15 years ago. A journey to the past ) The air is not good, very bad quality. And there are problems with renting, it's too expensive.
I still have a work in my home-country and have a lower experience in what the international companies want.
Maybe it's time to go back and try to get ready, to save money, maybe to change a job and get some experience. But I don't know if I ever have another chance, I'm almost 38. But maybe my kid can once learn later somewhere.
But maybe I can find a work here too.
Time is goiung out. I have to deicde in a few hours and either pay an agent who will help me with a rent(I coudn't find myself and anywhere most options suggest the agency, so it's better to pay some private agent who'll look for you than a big agency) or buy the tickets.

I wrote to real estate agent, if he is able to find anything in a few days, I'll stay in B-place. If not, then I'll go home on weekend.
My fate is in the hands of the agent šŸ˜†

Latest posts

Back