Need help making email to grandma (read desc)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
http://alonelylife.com/im-going-to-end-it-today-t-6008.html

Read that first, I need to email my grandma to convince her to let me live with her, I can get there no problem, and gettting a job up there would be pretty easy, although I don't want her to tell my parent's which will most likely happen. I'm not good at convincing people or righting papers and such so please help me. Thanks!

She's gonna tell your parents, Knight, you can expect that. You are still underaged and they have the final say as to where you stay. it might be best to get your grandmother on your side and come out and ask her to ask your parents if you can go and stay with her. If you leave and don't tell them, they can just make you come back, ya know?

EveWasFramed said:
She's gonna tell your parents, Knight, you can expect that. You are still underaged and they have the final say as to where you stay. it might be best to get your grandmother on your side and come out and ask her to ask your parents if you can go and stay with her. If you leave and don't tell them, they can just make you come back, ya know?

But who's going to enforce that? The police? If they get involved then maybe Knight might be brave enough to tell them he needs help. I know you don't want to get other people involved knight, but if your own family is incapable of helping you... THATS what family services are for, they are they to help people who need help.

Anyways, good luck writing your email.

Athiest #001 said:
But who's going to enforce that? The police? If they get involved then maybe Knight might be brave enough to tell them he needs help.

The police aren't always so quick to take a person's child, especially if they cant prove the abuse. He will be considered a runaway and in most states, still a minor. Him being 17 might help a bit, but when it comes right down to it, unless he is willing to tell them he is abused, he gains nothing.
This is a subject that I have some experience in, BTW.
I still thinks it's best to either report the abuse, and have granny speak with child protection if she is willing to let him stay with her, or he needs to get granny to speak to his parents about letting him come, for everyone's benefit. Seriously.

EveWasFramed said:
Athiest #001 said:
But who's going to enforce that? The police? If they get involved then maybe Knight might be brave enough to tell them he needs help.

The police aren't always so quick to take a person's child, especially if they cant prove the abuse. He will be considered a runaway and in most states, still a minor. Him being 17 might help a bit, but when it comes right down to it, unless he is willing to tell them he is abused, he gains nothing.
This is a subject that I have some experience in, BTW.
I still thinks it's best to either report the abuse, and have granny speak with child protection if she is willing to let him stay with her, or he needs to get granny to speak to his parents about letting him come, for everyone's benefit. Seriously.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I meant if he is considered a run away and his parents really want him back then they will need police to actually make him come back, in which case he can tell them why he got away in the first place.

I think to wright your granndma an Email is a good idea. If its not working at home then things need to change. But you need to try to do that in the right way. Try and not alienate your mum and dad.

When you wright the mail try and not slag your parents off. There obversly going fro some hard times them self. I know they should be better but that's not always the case has am sure you know. They are only human has well. Try and explain to your Gran that you love your mum and dad very much but your not happy there and feel like you need your space and would it be OK if you stayed with her for a wail.

Explain that you clash with your brother and things like that. Don't blame anyone person, just try and put it accrues that your having your differences. That way your parents might be a little moor understanding and be supportive of your staying with your gran.

You know ppl can love one another very much but not get on with one another. Me and my sister would do anything for one another but put us in the same room and even now we would find it hard work to get on for moor then an hour.

And lastly am glad to see your looking at other ways to move on. Dude you have my mail. Mail me any time you like.

I think you ought to emphasis that you are going to get a job. give them a time period that you will get a job and move out on your own. its scary for you and you'll have to grow up fast, but your grandparents already raised their kids. they probably want to be on their own and away from the drama. i think it would help them if they knew you were being responsible and had a plan to move out.

hey knight i dont know if you already wrote the email but something to keep in mind is that your mom didnt pull these psychotic behaviors out of her ass. she learned it somewhere and my odds are your grandparents are pretty messed up, too. i dont mean any disrespect to them, but they did raise your mom. i only mention that because trying to get them to be empathetic might be difficult and complicated. that is why i suggested you rely on more practical terms, such as responsibility.

I aggree with heretostay. why not just get 2 jobs, find room, save money & make it on your own? how old are you? i read your post & i was in a near identical situation as you, left home at 18, followed the same advice Im giving you, 1 year later to now - I been living large & it was relatively easy.

Latest posts

Back