New. Married/isolated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeds

Reaction score
So, I found this forum by chance. 60 something, married with a couple of generations below me. Not being married would distress them so wouldn't want that. My wife leads her own life generally. We holiday together as a family but she takes short breaks with her friends. She has no interest in me but is quite friendly. I'm not morbid but it's definitely Autumn in my life and I don't want to just wither. I need more but how to do it? It's not about sex but that's always a feature in the backyard. It's about close affection, a real hug, a kiss on the lips (not for many many years) and someone to unload on or listen to. As a man the instant reaction from women is... married? Just after a bit on the side?...want your cake and eat it?...It's lonely. I would be ok with a email type relationship but when I tried it on a pen pal website which seemed quite innocuous, I got the same knock back from women my own age. You are married, we shouldn't be talking.

Have you tried marriage counseling? Have you talked to your wife about how you feel?

Your family would likely take it hard at first, after so many years of being married, but they will adjust. Your children are adults, they will deal with it. I'm sure they would just want you to be happy, in the end. If you aren't, find a way to make yourself happy, but don't cheat. That would be wrong and would also hurt your family. Cheating nearly always comes out.

Welcome to the forum.

Talking is all fine and dandy, if you can have your needs met just by talking to other women that's fine but don't cheat. If you feel you are backed into a corner and feel like cheating might be your only option then it's time to seriously evaluate your relationship in terms of pros and cons. You might need to end it.

Welcome to the forum. I'm haven't been much of a "regular" on here lately, but thought I'd welcome you into the ranks anyway.

Latest posts

Back