New member - anxiety, depression, loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AStorace

Reaction score
I'm 59 and work from home, and the last years of lockdown and aftermath have taken a toll. My mom passed away just before it all started, so 2020 was a very difficult year, plus the downturn in my business, and lack of social ties have now really hit me. I've had depression before, but now have added anxiety and some panic attacks. Many of the former friends/coworkers I had before becoming self-employed have either faded away or I only see on social media. I feel I have no one I can really call for help. This week I've been having some chest tightness; I've been to the doctor, and although she can't find anything wrong right now, I'm afraid what it might mean and having to go to the hospital without any friends for support (and also to look after my 3 cats). I do have a cat-sitter friend. I have a sister who lives 4 hours away, but I kind of hate to impose on her (and her husband doesn't like me - long story about nothing!) But just overall the whole thing is kind of freaking me out and feeling very alone. I don't know if it's all panic-related or what, but it's made me very anxious and down. Would just like to connect with someone for some chat.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of folk here are very warm/welcoming here so you'll never feel alone :). I suffer from anxiety/depression and it's truly horrible so i know how you are feeling:(

Thanks for your note - appreciate the 'sarcastic overthinker'! A sense of humor definitely helps. I used to live in the UK and miss the sarcasm and irony.

Hi, welcome. You may want to look into Claire Weekes. She wrote a really good book on what a lot of people seem to be experiencing today, as life becomes ever so complex and the media, government, etc.., is hell bent on scaring us all to honeysuckle 24/7...

I hope your social circle widens a bit, and caring individuals come to your aide.

I too wish I had people I could rely on, it's hard going it alone...

Fear not!

Sorry you're having a tough time with Covid and death. Grief can be tough to deal with. 🤗 I have one cat that adopted me & 3 dogs.

I too have dealt with anxiety, depression, and loneliness from a small social circle that seems to get smaller with friends' death. (Working on making new friends.)

You have an adorable avatar and I hope you find friends and get some emotional relief.

Latest posts

Back