Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AD1515

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a new member here, I'm 25 years old and I've just been having a really hard time lately. I've gotten to the point where I basically have no friends left, and the ones I do have just seem to be drifting off. One of my close friends is moving to a different country later this year, one just continually cancels whenever we try to meet up, and pretty much my only other friend has gotten really distant ever since she started dating someone. I never had an easy time with friends, and had a really toxic group of friends when I was in high school. There was a lot of in-group bullying directed at me and it really just hit my self-confidence and sense of self-worth, and it didn't help that I already dealt with pretty bad social anxiety. I distanced myself from that group after leaving school, but as someone who is really shy and has a hard time making new friends, I didn't really manage to make any new friends since then. I just feel like I've gotten to a point in my life where I've just lost any hope of making new friends because I'm at a point in my life where I know most people have their established friendship groups. I feel really lonely most of the time, and it's hard to see other people with their really close groups of friends.

Anyway, this has become a bit of a ramble, but basically I joined here hoping to be able to chat to some people who are going through similar experiences.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Look around and jump into any thread that interest you or start your own.

I'm sure many of us know those feels. Welcome to the forums.

I think lonesome periods can strike at nearly any point life; and fortunately, I think pretty much any age is sufficient for meeting new people and establishing new friendship(s).

Perhaps, part of knowing what we want in life, is knowing what we don't want...

Anywho, cheers, and again, welcome.

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
I hope that you'll soon find yourself
surrounded by friends. I'm new too
nut it's nice to be among like-minded
souls. Again, welcome to the forum!

09253058b0406e5e3b93a31b5d69a9c6.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm a new member here, I'm 25 years old and I've just been having a really hard time lately. I've gotten to the point where I basically have no friends left, and the ones I do have just seem to be drifting off. One of my close friends is moving to a different country later this year, one just continually cancels whenever we try to meet up, and pretty much my only other friend has gotten really distant ever since she started dating someone. I never had an easy time with friends, and had a really toxic group of friends when I was in high school. There was a lot of in-group bullying directed at me and it really just hit my self-confidence and sense of self-worth, and it didn't help that I already dealt with pretty bad social anxiety. I distanced myself from that group after leaving school, but as someone who is really shy and has a hard time making new friends, I didn't really manage to make any new friends since then. I just feel like I've gotten to a point in my life where I've just lost any hope of making new friends because I'm at a point in my life where I know most people have their established friendship groups. I feel really lonely most of the time, and it's hard to see other people with their really close groups of friends.

Anyway, this has become a bit of a ramble, but basically I joined here hoping to be able to chat to some people who are going through similar experiences.
I’m new too even tho I made this account long ago. I seen an email earlier about this forum and would like to look more into it as it’s hard for me to make new friends too. I’m 43F and only ppl I really see is the ladies I work w/. They are nice at times but I can’t consider them friends. So I hope to reach out to ppl on here going through the same thing and your story sounds just like mine!

Hello. Welcome to the forum and hope you can find some friendship or meeting of minds here.

Welcome, new member! I hope you're friendly but even if you're not, I still will be!

Now that you're here, don't be a stranger or at least not stranger than me. Again, welcome!

I think someone getting a new boyfriend/girlfriend is like the ultimate test of a friendship. Will they completely ignore everything else in their life for someone that will likely be temporary? I have seen so many people do that. It's very shitty of them, but what can you do?
Anyway, welcome to ALL :)

Latest posts

Back