Newbie Saying Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shy_Guy_85

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Newbie posting for the first time here. I'm a 37 year old male from northern England.

I've been meaning to post for around a year or so now but kept putting it off because I'm naturally pessimistic.
I suffer with loneliness and depression and I'm looking to join a community of like minded people. My aims of joining are to share stories with others who are in a similar boat to me, get advice on coping and making positive progress etc.

My personality type is open minded and introvert but I'm working on the introvert part.

How did I end up depressed and lonely? I had an early life crisis / breakdown and no family to help me out of it. What is your story?
I can share a bunch more about myself, but I wanted to keep this initial post brief.

Please feel free to respond to this thread or private message me.
Thanks.:)

Hi to you too.

I agree with the family part. No family = no support. It is hard to live like that.

Hi to you too.

I agree with the family part. No family = no support. It is hard to live like that.
Hi.
I always resented being an only child, in addition to lack of parents during a time when I most needed them.
I'm still learning to get by on my own but I've come a long way.

I'm sorry.
Not getting the life tools you need in your childhood (from your parents or from someone else), then heading into the adult world without tools...

just a recipe for disaster.

They you have to spend your adult life trying to figure things out and function. It's tough.

There are lots of ways to get messed over by your childhood... my dad (deceased) had autism. My mom is a narcissist. Not an only child... but we were only criticized. Ignored by dad, used by mom to look after her and meet her needs.

There are lots of people on this forum who got screwed in childhood for lots of different reasons. We are all trying to figure it all out.

There are good people here.

Sorry to hear about your parents, it's a shame people have to have bad starts in life and it goes on to echo throughout their lives in the years that follow.

My dad was an absent womanizer and my mom was an alcoholic who pushed the rest of what little family I had away.

In my early 20s I suffered from depression and anxiety and it physically manifested in extreme acne which rendered me unable to leave the house, I cut my friends off, didn't leave the house for around ten years until my acne cleared and have been trying to build back my broken life ever since.

It's comforting to know there are other people out there who've had their own struggles and managed to come through the other side.

I grew up like a weed between concrete—no nurturing—lots of physical abuse. Now I am a shut-in. I still struggle with a sense of self. Welcome to the forum.

I grew up like a weed between concrete—no nurturing—lots of physical abuse. Now I am a shut-in. I still struggle with a sense of self. Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about the physical abuse.
I know well what it's like to be a shut-in so I empathize with your situation.

I just take things one day at a time and try to improve the quality of life bit by bit.

Welcome to the forum Shy_Guy_85. Feel free to post a piece of your life and garner the responses. You'll probably find many here can relate and offer support.

Hello, I am new to the forum as well. I can relate similarly to an early life crisis in my twenties. I hope you are able to find some contentment here in the forum with like minded people.

Latest posts

Back